British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

I thought the music was great , the best so far at Cardiff.

Loved the tunes for different riders.

Bart,

You asked for comments and feedback,don't feel you have to justify yourself and explain for any criticism for each track you played,just take the comments on board good and bad. You must have spent hundreds of hours working on that covering every possible scenario--You will never please all of the people all of the time-no point trying to defend yourself.

We did the last Exeter meeting and I know how hard that was to try and tie everything up-took hours and hours of planning and late nights let alone what you achieved Saturday night.

Always remember the time an irate lady aged about 75 opened the door to the press box looked 12 year old mini Nevs in the eye ans said simply "Less rap crap" and shut the door and wandered off to get a burger :unsure:

Dont be put off chap but also dont feel you have to defend yourself-you asked for comments so absorb those comments and move on from there-in the main seems most people are in favour of the atmosphere you tried to create last night and hell it sure came across watching it on sky again yesterday apart from the tongue in cheek tracks that seem to have upset a few people.

You got 15,000 Union Jacks waving on second tier so that cant be be bad--Where the hell did they all appear from? was there one free under every seat????? :blink:

Edited by Nevs

He's from Aus...or Bristol.....not Oz.

He's from Holstebro...nowhere near Copenhagen.

Just find this playing rubbish old records just because they might have some vague connection to the rider, very naff and embarrassing. Especially when you've clearly failed CSE geography.

It was Belinda Carlisle, who was fairly good.

Some unknown bloke (someone Charles?) sang Delilah and Land of my Fathers and then sang the National Anthem not very well.

Why not get Belinda Carlisle to sing it since we're paying her? (she'd know that one without miming wouldn't she?)

Errr Why would Belinda Carlisle know our national anthem????? :blink:

She's American! You know that big chunk of land across the Atlantic!

Or did you fail your CSE Geography! :lol:

Overall the music was great this year! Anyone who thinks last year was better should think back to that horrible "We love Speedway" chant to the tune of "I love rock n roll" by Joan Jett. They kept playing it over and over and was truly cringe worthy.

For me the music which accompanied incidents or was themed for riders was fine and a good idea-well done. The rest of it was absolute distorted, muddled, tripe (hardly fitting the description of music) which spoilt the whole event for me and makes me doubt whether I'll bother again. I feel that the music should be stopped when there are interviews being shown from the live Sky feed, so that you have half a chance, despite the boos and airhorns, of hearing what is being said. I don't have Sky at home but will prabably go to the New Inn in Swindon next year, so that I can hear what is happening and get a much better view of the action and save myself £8 or will it be £10 for a programme!!!!

Edited by Chalkie

Superbart,

I'm with the majority on here. I thought you did a superb job and would welcome you back at Brandon asap and hope you'll be at Cardiff for many years to come!

I thought the overall presentation was excellent and the music both the variety and volume (loud) really added to the overall atmosphere, which was far better than anything I've ever experienced at club level. Thank God there was no Duffy, Scouting for Boys, Mika (until the fireworks) like we get at Swindon.

Ironically, I actually thought the atmosphere died down whilst the races were happening and then picked up again when the music started.

Enjoyed the music, some really good stuff that added to the night.

Didn't agree with Ivor Biggin because of all the kids, even if it did make me laugh. Also didn't agree with the reason the song was used, all riders deserve the total respect of those doing the presentation.

This was my first visit to a GP Meeting so as to the music from previous years i can not make a comment but i thought the choice of music on saturday night was FANTASTIC

For me the music which accompanied incidents or was themed for riders was fine and a good idea-well done. The rest of it was absolute distorted, muddled, tripe (hardly fitting the description of music) which spoilt the whole event for me and makes me doubt whether I'll bother again. I feel that the music should be stopped when there are interviews being shown from the live Sky feed, so that you have half a chance, despite the boos and airhorns, of hearing what is being said. I don't have Sky at home but will prabably go to the New Inn in Swindon next year, so that I can hear what is happening and get a much better view of the action and save myself £8 or will it be £10 for a programme!!!!

For those of us who only had a broken screen to gaze at, the music was a godsend as we still had something to enjoy.

For those of us who only had a broken screen to gaze at, the music was a godsend as we still had something to enjoy.

What section were you in?

Bend 3, the screen down near bends 1 and 2 was not working all night.

Bend 3, the screen down near bends 1 and 2 was not working all night.

Hello Sue, its me. Thanks for your company on saturday night. Very enjoyable. Hope we bump into each other again, down at ippo, in the near future.

Was good to meet up with you and your brother too Steve....I did post on one of the Cardiff threads (god knows which one now as there are so many!) that you were an excellent conversationalist, a great guy and not at all like the way you are percieved on here.

Oh and thanks for the drinks.... I was clucked at by my room mate for getting back so late!

Edited by crazysue

He's from Aus...or Bristol.....not Oz.

He's from Holstebro...nowhere near Copenhagen.

Just find this playing rubbish old records just because they might have some vague connection to the rider, very naff and embarrassing. Especially when you've clearly failed CSE geography.

If it was a modern song, and actually relevant, it might just work.

Glad you enjoyed yourself John. :wink: