British Speedway Forum

Deos anyone know of any hotels in walking distance of the Millenham stadium?

Edited by ILoveAJ

Deos anyone know of any hotels in walking distance of the Millenham stadium?

the hilton the angle the marrriott the holiday inn

hilton very expensive but very nice

the hilton the angle the marrriott the holiday inn

hilton very expensive but very nice

Do you knw when people start booking them?

before the date is announced!

Hotels also say no rooms available until shortly beforehand so they don't have to offer reduced rate rooms for early bookings!

i stayed at the ibis hotel this year for £53 - when i went to sneakily try and book for the same saturday next year i was told that the price would be £122 :mad:

Bugger the hotel, Get yourselves a Camper Van, just park up, and away you go :wink:

might be difficult when I dont drive. So sounds like I dont have much chance of getting a room. :cry:

Last week!! :wink::lol:

before the date is announced!

Hotels also say no rooms available until shortly beforehand so they don't have to offer reduced rate rooms for early bookings!

Not necessarily :wink:

Off back to our spiritual home next year - The Mercure Lodge. they are wicked there.

I called them when we left the stadium Saturday night and they ordered our pizza which arrived 10 minutes after we got back in the lobby. Thats service :lol:

Hotel rooms/room prices in Cardiff is a big issue to me...........

Myself and family have enjoyed staying in the Hilton Fri/Sat nights for five of the previous GPs and we have even upgraded to the Exec Club on occcasions.

However, we could'nt get anything reasonable for the last two seasons as all the central-ish hotels are always full!

So, after missing my only GP last season I decided to travel there and back on the day - too long a day for the family SO instead of four of us attending only one ended up going yesterday.

there was a artical in the Echo on Saturday. The stadium and SGP managment were saying that hotel prices in cardiff are a big rip off on event weekends. On a normal weekend there's plenty of choice arround £50 per night and probably a lot cheeper if you go to a B&B.

As for hotels in cardifff near to the stadium the Big sleep is good clean but basic

i am sorry i dont i have a provisonal booking made with the hoyel which i made today before i left the hotel .

Has the date for the 2009 gp been announced or anyone know what date it will be?

The date for next years GP is going to be announced on the live match between lakeside and coventry tomorrow night.

They did say an annoucement was being made on Sky during Monday nights speedway reference Cardiff 09. I assume that will be the date and the prices!

The date for next years GP is going to be announced on the live match between lakeside and coventry tomorrow night.

Sorry Pammie you just beat me to it :wink: