British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
David_Furniture

Brandon Stadium

Sitting or standing?

I'm hoping to get up there for the WC semi and was looking for some advice on whether to get a seat or take up a place on the terrace.

I'll be going up with my girlfriend who is still new to the sport so I'm keen to make it as enjoyable as possible so don't want to end up stood at the back of a 3/4 deep shallow terrace ala Poole 2004 and her not being able to see anything.

Can anyone suggest? I can't find any pictures online and the ticket site doesn't show a stadium plan or anything.

Cheers

DF

Sitting or standing?

I'll be going up with my girlfriend who is still new to the sport so I'm keen to make it as enjoyable as possible so don't want to end up stood at the back of a 3/4 deep shallow terrace ala Poole 2004 and her not being able to see anything.

Well Cov terraces are basically concrete steps that go down to track level (and slightly below), so standing should not be any issue as its staggered all the way apart from the home straight which is seating with a small flat section beneath it.

If you are trying to impress still then I would suggest taking her in the grandstand so she can sit down. It's going to be a long night. :wink:

Plenty of terracing at Brandon although the 1st/2nd bends do get packed out and it might be a bit more difficult to see unless she is tall, or go right to the front like Sandie who is vertically challenged. (Sorry Sandie!)

There is also covered terracing on the back straight and if you are early enough you could lay claim to one of the picnic tables. :lol:

Not so many people usually on the 3rd/4th bends (where I always go) but you need to be on the top half of the terracing unless you want to just watch the 4 helmets go by.

I will be sitting in the stand behind the tapes, but that is where I always sit. The view is excellent from there. I don't think the view is bad wherever you go to be honest, but if it's banter a plenty you want then maybe you should head for the spot in front of the scoreboard there's lots of forum members there to look after you too.