British Speedway Forum

It's quite obviously not a joke is it? As Olly is a cracking gater and superb around Brandon, where the world cup is being held :rolleyes:

Timbuktu?

Tonight is all about weather the danes want to win ........ it would suit them to be in the race off and would also help sell a lot of tickets as well .

Can't see winning meaning all that much to them .

Wouldn't surprise me either orion, if they opted for the Race-off

Yes, Tony Millard does. And he's right:

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2008/02/...nde-grand-prix/

WOW! With form like that he'll be top 10 before much longer. ;)

Ollie Allen instead of Tai Woffinden??

Joke!!!

As I've just posted on the other thread, Olly has an average around Brandon that is second only to Chris Harris this season. Why should an untried 17 year old be in the team ahead of him?

as I've just posted on the other thread, Olly has an average around Brandon that is second only to Chris Harris this season. Why should an untried 17 year old be in the team ahead of him?

So if Allen goes out and scores 10-15 tonight is Bet Lynch going to keep him in the team for the race off/final? Likewise with Stead

WOW! With form like that he'll be top 10 before much longer. ;)

As I've just posted on the other thread, Olly has an average around Brandon that is second only to Chris Harris this season. Why should an untried 17 year old be in the team ahead of him?

He will be in Vojens ! Jim lynch has already said that Stead and Allen will be replaced by Kennett and Woffinden there.

Must do wonders for Stead and Allen's confidence! :rolleyes:

Indeed. And for Scott, Lee and Chris too. They've already been told their effost will be in vein tonight. Face it boys, you're going to fail - Lynch says so. But then so does the entire cast of Sky. Any first timers watching on Saturday must have been really confused. In the same breath they're told that Britain will be in the race-off on Thursday but also that they race their semi on Monday in an attempt to go to the final on Saturday. I found, and am still finding, it really annoying. :rolleyes:

Really looking forward to see how our team manager deals with the evening. One question; Is he able to use either Tai or Eddie tonight, or does he have to stick with the 5 he has named, regardless of form or injury? Thanks

Really looking forward to see how our team manager deals with the evening. One question; Is he able to use either Tai or Eddie tonight, or does he have to stick with the 5 he has named, regardless of form or injury? Thanks

No, after last season's fiasco in the final, there are no reserves tonight.

Personally, I'd have tweaked the rules to allow a reserve to take up to five rides without having to have a rider withdraw through injury, rather than get rid of reserves altogether.

Edited by Subedei

Do we have to go with 3 man races if someone is seriously injured then and has to pull out.

Good point. I guess, the rides will be taken by one or two, of the other four.

Good point. I guess, the rides will be taken by one or two, of the other four.

So in theory if Niels and Kenneth pull out, they could be replaced by Hans, niki and Bjarne. :blink:

So in theory if Niels and Kenneth pull out, they could be replaced by Hans, niki and Bjarne. :blink:

Only if the Danes are six points down, otherwise it's three rider races. And, of course, each rider is only allowed a maximum of six rides.

Only if the Danes are six points down, otherwise it's three rider races. And, of course, each rider is only allowed a maximum of six rides.

This could reduce the meeting to a farce if there is an early crash resulting in injury.

Would have thought Ricky Kling would have been a better bet than peter l as hes been going pretty good in the EL