British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Congratulations Middlo Bashers

Personally I only logon to this forum for a bit of banter and don`t take much notice of the "speedway is dead "brigade

I am suprised at you Neil for getting drawn in to an arguement with all these armchair experts. Of course we can all do a better job and ride faster than anyone else from our front rooms etc

Fair play to you for having the balls to come on here and stick up for Jim Lynch and the team.

For what its worth I think its a shame you jacked it in but a bigger shame that Lynch took over, as a motivator Rosco is clearly the best man for the job IMO

It's little wonder the riders were upset to see you go.

With an attitude like that, they could get away with blue murder!

"One heat winner lads, never mind you all tried really hard!" :rolleyes:

And isn't it so unfair that the other teams had riders better prepared, had better machinery (even the PL riders, such as Rymel and Nermark) and rode better, even though all the British riders were supposedly track experts.

get george english in.

holta style it with a few quality foreigners, maybes the 3 geordie danes and lubo and we shall be on our way to glory.

It wouldn't matter if you brought in uncle Tom Cobbly. We are still short of top class riders.

You can't wave a magic wand and just produce them, as i said Neil and Jim can/could only work with the riders at their disposal. Thats why i wouldn't dream of slating Jim Lynch, he knows what he's up against!.

Yes, you might argue that Neil during his reine had a few more riders at his disposal, but then so did Sweden Denmark Poland and transilvainia!.

Edited by Starman2006

I guess you meant dead wood :wink:

Totally agree though. Look at Spain for example. For years they stuck with Raul as the golden boy and won nothing. He is then axed from the squad, despite the vast majority of the Spanish football fans thinking otherwise and they win Euro 2008

thats precisely what i meant.

Except that Lynch and middlo before always said they were dead certs and i really cant see why.

For God's Subdei. you are so rude and disrespectful. How dare you come on here and speak to people like that. Neil has more experience and knowledge of speedway in his little finger than you do in your entire body.

Yes, Team GB were pants tonight, but I think given a level playing field with machinery, it would have been a different story. It couldn't be more obvious. In fact it was plainly obvious, almost laughable. Niels Kristian Iversen beating Nicholls, Adrian Rymel beating Nicholls, Bjarne beating Nicholls by half a lap, I don't think so. Not on any normal dayat coventry.

Not at all.

Are you trying to tell me that if a plumber or electrician performs poorly in your house, you wouldn't moan about them because you haven't been one yourself?

If i could do better probably yes.But if i couldnt probably no, reckon you could have done better tonight?

For God's Subdei. you are so rude and disrespectful. How dare you come on here and speak to people like that. Neil has more experience and knowledge of speedway in his little finger than you do in your entire body.

And the entitlement culture strikes again. Respect is earned.

Bjarne beating Nicholls by half a lap, I don't think so. Not on any normal dayat coventry.

Erm.... he did in the play offs last year :lol:

But we'll never rebuild while this entitlement culture exists. We have a right to two British riders in the GPs. That's nonsense. Make the riders work for things, not hand them it on a silver platter with all the trimmings.

Now that is Bu**s**t! I'd like you to come to Poole (or any other track that has juniors) and tell the likes of Brendan Johnson and Alex Macleod that they have it on a silver platter (as they pack their bikes away because another EL meeting has gone on too long and they've sat there all night for nothing). :angry:

Yes, Team GB were pants tonight, but I think given a level playing field with machinery, it would have been a different story. It couldn't be more obvious. In fact it was plainly obvious, almost laughable. Niels Kristian Iversen beating Nicholls, Adrian Rymel beating Nicholls, Bjarne beating Nicholls by half a lap, I don't think so. Not on any normal dayat coventry.

Of course rymel should be better than nicholls at cov and have beter bikes :rolleyes:

Edited by orion

If i could do better probably yes.But if i couldnt probably no, reckon you could have done better tonight?

I don't believe a word of it. You've never complained about someone who performs a role you don't or can't? - not a chance!

Of course I couldn't do better - I've never ridden. However, had I the riding experience of those 5, I would be absolutely distraught if I couldn't have done better!

And the entitlement culture strikes again. Respect is earned.

But i am sure that most people have respect for Neil, Jim and the boys for what they do, rather than giving you any respect for your inert blathering.

Personally I only logon to this forum for a bit of banter and don`t take much notice of the "speedway is dead "brigade

I am suprised at you Neil for getting drawn in to an arguement with all these armchair experts. Of course we can all do a better job and ride faster than anyone else from our front rooms etc

Fair play to you for having the balls to come on here and stick up for Jim Lynch and the team.

For what its worth I think its a shame you jacked it in but a bigger shame that Lynch took over, as a motivator Rosco is clearly the best man for the job IMO

Not a prob,just like to get my point across freedom of speech and all that.Does surprise me somewhat tho,all the negative vibes from people, thought this was for people who actually liked speedway correct me if i am wrong.

Not at all.

Are you trying to tell me that if a plumber or electrician performs poorly in your house, you wouldn't moan about them because you haven't been one yourself?

Have you got any wiring or plumbing you want doing? Talk about easy money! :lol:

Of course I couldn't do better - I've never ridden. However, had I the riding experience of those 5, I would be absolutely distraught if I couldn't have done better!

But this isn't just about riding, it's also about management. And, frankly, I doubt you could've done a worse job than Lynch tonight. The global superstar is a bad captain, for a start. He's okay when things are going well, but not when things are going wrong. He loses the plot and starts charging around and blaming everyone and everything. The Joker was played at the wrong time and on the wrong rider.