British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Congratulations Middlo Bashers

Not as many as you as gb boss :rolleyes:

or someone pretending to be the artist formerly known as team GB boss :wink:

The Joker was played at the wrong time and on the wrong rider.

Disagree Subedei,

I think it was a great chance at that stage to get us back in the frame, and who knows had it worked the morale would have been back up and things may have gone a little better. On paper Nicholls should have been more than capable of beating all three riders in that race.

I don't blame Lynch for that!

No, just old.

Ok peeps gotta sleep got a paper round in the morning!.Look forward to Thursday for some more friendly banter.

Take care and whatever you think about Team GB support them.

Whats the betting Olsen prepares the Vojens track for the race off deep and grippy, so that the Poles don't get through.

Ok peeps gotta sleep got a paper round in the morning!.Look forward to Thursday for some more friendly banter.

Take care and whatever you think about Team GB support them.

Ok middlo your a crap tm but i got money or poole so good luck .

Think i'll go and lay down in a dark room, i give up!.

Hello, what do we have to say to convince you that this country is short of TOP class riders!!,.

If you can't see that then you really ought to take a trip down to specsavers!!.

What can you expect when our teams are full of Danish and Polish riders- the UK lads don't get too many chances. Let's face if many of the top non UK riders did their apprenticeships on UK tracks.

Disagree Subedei,

I think it was a great chance at that stage to get us back in the frame, and who knows had it worked the morale would have been back up and things may have gone a little better. On paper Nicholls should have been more than capable of beating all three riders in that race.

I don't blame Lynch for that!

Okay, tell me the last time the global superstar produced the goods on a Joker rider in the SWC? Last year in the final he got a third place and in the final at Wroclaw a couple his engine failed just after the start. It isn't a great record. Typical of his rather dreadful record when the pressure is on.

Christ - around heat 13 tonight I was beginning to wish I was at home waching the TV, pottering on the laptop and having a few drinks.

Im actually glad I was at the stadium as I think the last few thread on this forum have actually been more depressing than being at the meeting.

Middlo, Lynch, Rosco.

Who knows but right now - this week, we should all be trying to get behind what we have.

Debate the future of the manager once this week is over.

Chanel that agression into something positive for cripe sake!! Unless of course you revel in the glory of GB being cr*p! :rolleyes:

I think the main problem tonight, that even if you were not following any country tonight showed exactly what is wrong with British Speedway. We just do not have the infrastructure to produce riders the likes of Bjerre, Iversen, Davidsson, Ljung - who at one point all 4 of them have been classed during their first few months over here in Britain as riders who wouldn't make it etc etc.

You only have to look at Jonas Davidsson who for so long has been called J0000nas etc to see what a different rider he is. As a supporter of speedway you would over the last 2 or 3 years have said that riders like Stead and Allen would beat Jonas 9 times out of 10. Within the space of a year you would now expect Jonas to win 9 out of 10 times.

Sky Sports put way too much hype on the British team and IMO make them out to be much better than they really are. We probably still have a team who love to race for their country, however late eighties/early to mid nineties we had riders than the fans knew would give another 20% because they were representing the country (Havvy/Loram/Tatum/Louis etc).

We have never consistently produced a team of riders who could gate - which we all know is so important in this sport - but we always say this rider is great at overtaking and this rider can come from behind and use all these different lines - fact is that tonight the Danes and the Swedes were so far in front after half a lap that it made no difference whether the British lads were decent "racers".

Until the BSPA and the clubs actually get together and REALLY start to look at what these countries do with their kids we will never be taken seriously as a speedway nation again.

I always admired the passion that Middlo showed when Team Manager, and although Jim doesn't look as passionate as what Middlo or even Rosco does - he does have that passion but just shows it in different ways. No-one will be hurting more than him tonight.

50% of people will be disappointed tonight - the other 50% will be delighted as they can now say all along that GB are crap etc etc. Tonight was extremely poor - Thursday will quite possibly be just as bad - but not as bad as if they actually get to the final on Saturday!!

Okay, tell me the last time the global superstar produced the goods on a Joker rider in the SWC? Last year in the final he got a third place and in the final at Wroclaw a couple his engine failed just after the start. It isn't a great record. Typical of his rather dreadful record when the pressure is on.

Don't get me wrong, I think Mr Nicholls is overrated and needs to be reaching GP finals several times a year to prove me wrong. But, if I was Lynch I would have thought about making that move too, my point is we should not blame Lynch, but Nicholls because he should have been capable of winning that race, and should have done.

this week, we should all be trying to get behind what we have.

Fully agree Sandie. We all know they were poor tonight, the riders all seemed to acknowledge that too. However, they still have a chance to prove to themselves they're good enough and to prove to us they're good enough. So lets get them our support and hope tonight was a mere blip, which they prove on Thursday.

I don't expect them to win the final on Saturday if they do make it, but if they hold their own and win a few races and stay close to the points tally then it will show there is something there to work with for future years.

England dosent need a new coach then desperately need new fresh riders who are in speedway for 110%. The english team will not have so much off offer in Vojens on thursday. Poland will win, then its hard between Russia and Sweden for the second place.

English riders must devote their life and sacrifie things for be as good as you can get in Speedway, you cant drink beers after the meeting for example. Just look on the men who has become worldspeedway stars!

Just my two pence

/ Mikael

this reminds me of the ol pre school program on tv, called romper room. you all ought to grow up. every single one of you. honestly, a completely disguisting show of immature theatrics. i have an idea, boxing gloves in the back garden to sort it all out... i mean, this thread is discusting. :mad:

What is disgusting is your spelling :lol:

English riders must devote their life and sacrifie things for be as good as you can get in Speedway, you cant drink beers after the meeting for example. Just look on the men who has become worldspeedway stars!

What's the night life like in Vojens? If Lynch has any sense he'll slap a "nightlife" ban on the riders ahead of the race-off, otherwise they'll be out on the pop while the Swedes and Poles are working night and day on their equipment.