British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
suzuki star 882

Swc Tapes Rules

Surprised no one else has asked this. How come two riders were allowed back in reruns after touching the tapes ? In league racing if any part of bike or rider touches the tapes you are out, and I thought those were the rules in the SWC (like they are in the SGP).

In SWC and GP (any FIM meeting) you're only excluded if the bike touches the tapes.

Why have different rules for different competitions?

Ridiculous!

They should've gone out...end of!

Didn't quite understand the original question, but I didn't see the meeting either.

Your point is still very valid. FIM runs world's motorcycling. ACU should NOT tamper with their rules.

I'm guessing it's when the riders' helmets were clipped by the tapes that's being referred to?

In that case SCB has answered the question. Whether or not any of us agree with the rule is beside the point. In that circumstance the referee applied the rules accurately and should be congratulated.

In SWC and GP (any FIM meeting) you're only excluded if the bike touches the tapes.

Thanks for that. It would have helped if the commentary team had explained that.

I'm guessing it's when the riders' helmets were clipped by the tapes that's being referred to?

In that case SCB has answered the question. Whether or not any of us agree with the rule is beside the point. In that circumstance the referee applied the rules accurately and should be congratulated.

Adrian Rymel's helmet cought the tapes on Monday night and it was all 4 back.

BTW nice to meet up with you 21CH and also to paulr, Sandie and others. - Long way for a speedway meeting but the company was good.

Thanks for that. It would have helped if the commentary team had explained that.

If they had,some on here would of slagged them off.

BTW nice to meet up with you 21CH and also to paulr, Sandie and others. - Long way for a speedway meeting but the company was good.

Very nice to meet you too.

And I must remember its BTL not BLT!!!! :lol:

I watched the Sky footage last night. Kelvin Tatum immediately explained that it should be all four back because the bike didn't touch the tapes.

I think it was Ales Dryml that did likewise.

Very nice to meet you and the Scottish clan too. If I ever track down my 'members met' list (have a feeling it's on about page seventy-something :unsure:) I'll be sure to you. We do just make our own entertainment if the on-track action fails us. :lol:

Surprised no one else has asked this. How come two riders were allowed back in reruns after touching the tapes ? In league racing if any part of bike or rider touches the tapes you are out, and I thought those were the rules in the SWC (like they are in the SGP).

ACU rules:

15.3.4 The following are Starting Offences; (a) failing to proceed directly to the Starting Area or otherwise delaying the start of a Heat, (B) not being ready to race or deemed to be under the jurisdiction of the Start Marshal at the expiry of the 2-minute allowance, © taking up the wrong position, (d) not complying with the Start Marshal instructions, (e) by any means wrongly preventing the raising of the gate or (f) for a Competitor or Competitor’s machinery or any part of it to touch or break the tapes after the Green Starting Light has been displayed.

FIM rules:

070.10.6 False start

A rider/sidecar team who allows their motorcycle to move forward and touch or

break one or more tapes of the starting gate after the Referee has switched on

the green light must be disqualified. The heat must then be started properly.

Same case with a "dead heat" á la Harris and Lindgren. Obviously there can be half a point awarded to each rider in FIM regulations but that can never happen in Sweden as the Swedish regulations says that the riders that comes from the back to execute the pass should be considered ahead of the one he is passing, if the referee can't seperate them on the finish line.

Same case with a "dead heat" á la Harris and Lindgren. Obviously there can be half a point awarded to each rider in FIM regulations but that can never happen in Sweden as the Swedish regulations says that the riders that comes from the back to execute the pass should be considered ahead of the one he is passing, if the referee can't seperate them on the finish line.

Isn't that plain stupid? I know this is a chicken and the egg debate, but if you lead for 3,5 laps and no-one passess you before the heat is finished, shouldn't you win?

Edited by f-s-p

Isn't that plain stupid?

What, the FIM rule? :D

Guess it comes down to a habit, I for one wouldn't like to change the Swedish regulation to the FIM standard, I'm use to it being like this so it's fine by me. (And I hate half points as it messes up the scoreboard/programme)

Don't try to talk sense into me, you know - as well as I - that speedway fans are too conservative to take on a change like that. ;)

They probably didn't even know. :wink: