British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
invadersfan

Latvia Gp Advice Needed

Hi, I am in need of advice for the Latvia GP

1) What cheap airlines fly there ? daily ones if possible

2) how far is it from the airport to the track ?

3) is it easy to get from the airport to the track, like public transport or is it better to hire a car ?

4) are there many hotels by the track ?

I have never been to Latvia and have No idea about the place but i am thinking about going to this years GP if its cheap enough.

Thanks for any advice.

3) is it easy to get from the airport to the track, like public transport or is it better to hire a car ?

I have never been to Latvia and have No idea about the place but i am thinking about going to this years GP if its cheap enough.

Thanks for any advice.

1, ryanair to riga, probably best bet.

2&3. airport to train station 20p, 3-4 hours on train to daugavpils about £3, but coach is more comfy and is only 5 mins from train station. once there, hotel 5 mins walk, track 25 mins walk, or 15p on tram.

4. from memory only one decent size hotel, just google it, cant remember the name.

Thanks for any advice.

Look up the threads from last year. They'll tell you all you need to know.

1) What cheap airlines fly there ?

AFAIK, there's no passenger flights to Daugavpils airport yet. You have to fly to either Riga, or Vilnius (in Lithuania).

AirBaltic has regular direct flights from Gatwick and Stansted to Riga, and from Gatwick to Vilnius. Lithuanian Airlines also flies direct from Gatwick, Stansted and a few other UK cities to Vilnius. Neither airlines are true budget airlines as such, but their fares are not usually outrageous either.

Riga is several hours from Daugavpils, and Vilnius is probably at least a couple.

I think there are rail services from both Riga and Vilnius to Daugavpils, but I think quite slow. If you rent a car in Lithuania, you should check whether it's covered for Latvia as well.

I think there's a severe shortage of accommodation in Daugavpils, and in any case, Riga and Vilnius are better tourist destinations.

I have never been to Latvia

It's a nice country, but neither is it mega-cheap these days either.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

Try looking at these links

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=42302

http://www.hotelbiplan.lv/en/

I recommend the above hotel as a cheap nice place to stay, 5-10 minutes walking from Bus or Train Station, 20 Minutes by foot to the stadium.

Ryanair can be the cheapest flights, Stanstead to Riga. Pick an early flight or you will land too late for a train or bus to Daugavpils, and have to stay in Riga.

Last year the people in Daugavpils were very friendly and helpful, food and drink was very cheap.

Try the Central Bar for wall to wall gorgeous females :rolleyes: Disco downstairs, Bowling upstairs. Last year it was still open on the Friday and Saturday nights at 6a.m. when I left (should say crawled out, i'm getting too old had to get some sleep! :blink: ).

Hope this helps, if you want to know any more PM me.

All the Best Paul B).