British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BelteshazzarBee

Cardiff Opportunity For Tom Brown?

why not go the whole hog and put in Jon-Jon White( the black knight)...and we all know what rhymes with Knight dont we....it begins in S and ends in te.Oh yes dont forget to save me a race-jacket, i once had a go on Pilling sands.Ian Hindle would like to throw his name in the hat....the list is endless.Get real,as much as i admire anyone who gives it a go on a speedway bike sticking Tom Brown in with Pedersen,Crump,Adams etc etc would totally devalue the product

I keep asking the question "Whatever happened to Ian Hindle". I remember one meeting at Hyde Road when Ian posted the fastest time of the night from the reserves race in heat 2.! This was in the days of Chris Morton, and Peter Collins so it was no mean feat.I recall that his equipment looked immaculate whenever I watched him. He sparkled for a couple of meetings and then fizzled out. I wonder why ?

An interesting proposition, in the letters page of the July 19th Speedway Star, from respected announcer Craig Saul. He puts forward a great idea in my oppinion, an inclusion of Plymouth star Tom Brown at Cardiff. He lists a few reasons why he believes the 'Welsh Wizard' would be a great addition to proceedings at the big show at the Millenium Stadium. One being, he has a big claim to being Welsh No1 in the absence of Phil Morris. Another, he is "a true thrill merchant, with a never-say-die attitude". And lastly, and this is "the biggest PR opportunity", he suffered from septic arthritis in his infancy. He has overcome tremendous pain and physical chalenges "to be able to walk let alone ride (a speedway bike)".

I think this is a marvelous idea and, seing as though the GP is held in Wales, it would be great to get Tom involed somehow. In my oppinion, whoever is in charge of the pre meeting entertainment should invite Mr Brown to demonstrate his thrilling riding style in a few laps of the Cardiff circuit, possibly inbetween the u-15 races.

What do guys and gals think? i just thought id pull your attention towards this and see what you think about it. I would recommend you get your speedway star out and have a look, as i may not have covered everthing in this post.

Lets get behind this proposal, as Tom is a true hero and inspiratin to us all.

Why???????

personally i would rather see some legends do a couple of laps round there ie the likes of Hans Neilsen, Tony Rickardsson, Jimmy Nilsen, Mark Loram, Billy Hamill etc etc etc etc!

Why???????

personally i would rather see some legends do a couple of laps round there ie the likes of Hans Neilsen, Tony Rickardsson, Jimmy Nilsen, Mark Loram, Billy Hamill etc etc etc etc!

Thats not a bad idea either