British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bazaar3

Gp Challenge

Last time Gollob did that was Prague 07 where he was frankly embarrassing. Since then he's realised how much he wants the GP's and is a model pro.

Last time Gollob did that was Prague 07 where he was frankly embarrassing. Since then he's realised how much he wants the GP's and is a model pro.

Cardiff this year?

Don't get me wrong I am not a Nicholls fan I am just fed up with subs continual sniping at English riders.

Its not even constructive its just smart ar**ed sniping.

He even started on young Pavlic tonight the man (and I use the term loosely) is unbelievable! :mad:

And yours aren't? Four posts I've read of yours tonight - all quoting and having a go at him. :rolleyes:

And yours aren't? Four posts I've read of yours tonight - all quoting and having a go at him. :rolleyes:

Like I said just fed up with the continual sniping at English riders.

I'm not normally into posting like this but just had enough of it.

and deserves to a better rider than the 3 that qualified.

In England for sure, but in both Poland and Sweden all 3 have higher averages than Scott. Like most others i hope Scott does get in, either by qualifing or wildcard, but in fairness, they have qualified on merit.

cardiff gets more supporters than all the tracks put together, what does that tell us?

Please supply evidence to support that statement.

Leszno had circa 20,000 and Bydgoszcz circa 17,000, which adds up to about 37,000. The stated attendance for Cardiff was circa 42,000. So, you're suggesting that Krsko, Copenhagen, Gothenberg, Daugavpils, Malilla and Prague managed less that 6,000 between them?

I think you've just misunderstood what young Philip meant. Cardiff gets a bigger attendance than any of the other G.P's - not collectively. You have to be born in the Midlands to understand the lingo. :lol:

Edited by Gemini

But in theory Lindgren was better in the round that Holta won :unsure:

Iversen should get a wildcard next year - I have a feeling that hes on the brink and with an injury free season he could turn some heads in the series. Forget about him being Danish - The Danes are by far the best country in World Speedway at the moment and they deserve the extra riders in the GP's.

Holder is a must - esp if talk of an Aussie GP turns out to be correct.

Other 2 places to the ones out of Holta, Lindgren and Nicholls that dont get 8th place.

Yeah right, and in theory Pedersen or Gollob won yesterday.......will you be the one to tell Hancock that he didn`t deserve to win in Bydgodszcz?

But I agree with you, the GP series needs new blood. Holder, Sajfutdinov and Pavlic are alle strong contenders. Unfortunately it is a year early for all of them, they will not be able to cope with the setup nor the pressure of performing max in every heat you are riding even though you f.i. have failed to score in your first 4 outings. I tell you that is HARD!

On top of that comes injuries. Both Holta and Iversen has been riding through the pain barrier for weeks now, both with similar injuries. But they are still out there winning the occational heat and fighting for their existens in the GP`s. Holta even have had a nightmare with engines this year, blowing up engines for 10 000`s of pounds worth and on top of it all he has been stabbed in the back by his club in Sweden which he loyally have served for 5 years missing ONE single meeting in the process. As soon as he had a few bad meetings he lost his place even though his club KNOWS that he always comes good in the end of the season if he gets enough meetings. The dedication from both these riders should be rewarded regardless of what nation you ride for!

GP riders have to cope with all of this and fortunately both Holder (interview), Pavlic (interview today) and Sajfutdinov (through experienced spanner Susi) knows the stake and I am sure they will wait another year for a crack at the GP series and NOT go in the Lindbäck/Lindgren trap (although Lindgren I am sure will be a world beater one day)

End of story.......put in the three qualifers from today instead of the bottom three in the GP series 2008 and keep the rest for another year.

Cardiff this year?

Don't get me wrong I am not a Nicholls fan I am just fed up with subs continual sniping at English riders.

He even started on young Pavlic tonight the man (and I use the term loosely) is unbelievable! :mad:

It is always hard to face up to the truth mate ;-)

It is always hard to face up to the truth mate ;-)

The truth is we dont have a world class English rider at the moment.

I grew up in the times when we could field Collins, Lee, Carter, Morton, Simmons, Jessup etc.

Those days (sadly) are long gone and will remain long gone until

we can find proper training facilities and sponsorship for the youngsters.

Just fed up with his continual sniping thats all.

What happens if 2 riders which finished in the top 8 overall in the GP series, decide not to ride in 2009 GP series?

That means Olsen will decide who will get 6 invitations?

What happens if 2 riders which finished in the top 8 overall in the GP series, decide not to ride in 2009 GP series?

That means Olsen will decide who will get 6 invitations?

Probably, although I suspect his hands would be tied to some degree. For example, if Adams decides he's had enough (and he seems the most obvious to drop out) you'd have to think his replacement would be another Australian. That would probably ease the headache for Olsen and whoever helps him decide, since it would open the door for Holder without using one of the existing four nominations. Likewise, if Gollob (the other most likely to decide he's had enough) decides enough is enough I think the pressure would be on to replace him with another Pole.

As it goes, I don't think any of the top eight will bow out. Why would they? Things aren't likely to get any harder for them next season. The top six in the standings are miles ahead of the rest, with even a talent like Jonsson just on the fringes.

Edited by Subedei

Oh dear it seems like the GP organisers need these young riders more than the young riders need the GP series :)

Oh dear it seems like the GP organisers need these young riders more than the young riders need the GP series :)

The thing is, SGP isn't like other forms of Grands Prix. In the SGP a rider has to build a team, while in other Grands Prix a new talent is absorbed into an existing team, for example, Lewis Hamilton coming into the McLaren-Mercedes team.

Riders like Gollob, Nicki P, Adams, Hancock and Co have built their teams - the younger guys will always struggle to compete until they decide they've had enough.

Edited by Subedei

Please supply evidence to support that statement.

Leszno had circa 20,000 and Bydgoszcz circa 17,000, which adds up to about 37,000. The stated attendance for Cardiff was circa 42,000. So, you're suggesting that Krsko, Copenhagen, Gothenberg, Daugavpils, Malilla and Prague managed less that 6,000 between them?

Sub even thought you are right im sure you could see what philfromcoventry meant and you have just proved his point.