British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Longtracker

British Speedway Under 15's Championship

I thought great credit was due to all particpants and to Buxton for having the track in decent shape despite the mist and fog and dampness.

A great afternoon for me but I was puzzled at the lack of Team Managers and Promoters present to see these stars of the future. Tony Mole was there and one or two others like Steve Williams from Belle Vue and my notebook is full.

Some great talent is on the way up.

Malcolm Vasey

I thought great credit was due to all particpants and to Buxton for having the track in decent shape despite the mist and fog and dampness.

A great afternoon for me but I was puzzled at the lack of Team Managers and Promoters present to see these stars of the future. Tony Mole was there and one or two others like Steve Williams from Belle Vue and my notebook is full.

Malcolm Vasey

Bloomin' 'eck I was there Malc and never saw you..!! :shock:

Mind you. my specs were permanently covered in drizzle and it was misty..!!

You could've bought me a cup of tea!!

Still, there's always tomorrow at the NA!!! :wink:

You're right about the talent..: I thought in particular young Jason Garrity looked absolutely first class!! :approve:

Malcolm Vasey

Jack Lee was there --and a currently trackless tm who was a bit busy helping to organise the riders!!

Purely unofficial and relying on my rather addled brain and not top-notch maths, but this how I reckon the 500cc class panned out in the end..??!!

1st Jason GARRITY 14 16 14 18 48

2nd. James SARJEANT 11 18 12 16 46

The score in italics is the one knocked off as the lowest (that's where a full house of four scores were obtained)

Couple of questions

1) young Kyle, is it Howarth (as in yesterday's prog.) or Haworth as people who know him have posted on here..?? :unsure:

2) Why were there last chance eliminators and 'Grand Finals' in rounds one and two but not in the final two rounds.. Seems very odd!! :blink:

3) Looking at the rules about ties for rostrum positions, I can see why it was deemed that James finished ahead of Kyle in second. But the same logic applied surely to the 250s so why was it decided to have a run-off there..??!! :shock:

I didn't realise until I looked at my programme yesterday that it was all decided on Heat 11 on Sunday. If James had beaten Jason in the race, he would have been Champion.

To answer your Questions

1) No idea, I have the same info as you (up to someone who knows him)

2) According to the rules of the comp, it was to do with the number of competitors in the event.

3) James beat Kyle when they met during the meeting whereas Rhys and Daniel met twice with one win each.

I think (almost) everyone was gutted to see Daniel slip off when leading in the run-off and I had to smile when the paramedics rushed over to him after he slumped onto the grass after getting off the track. As he got back to his feet pretty quickly, they obviously had a cure for 'disappointment' in their bag :)

2) According to the rules of the comp, it was to do with the number of competitors in the event.

3) James beat Kyle when they met during the meeting whereas Rhys and Daniel met twice with one win each.

Cheers mate!!

One more question (I was obviously very dim on the day...: must've been the stress of following that bloody tractor for miles!! :wink: ):

But I make it just slightly different in the 250s with Tyler Govier on 6 and Lloyd Barrett on 8.

Must differ regarding the result of heat three in that class which I marked down as a third place for Tyler ahead of Lloyd. I could easily be wrong!!! :wink:

Can you clarify..: what WAS the correct order in heat 3 of the 250cc class..?? :unsure:

Cheers mate!!

One more question (I was obviously very dim on the day...: must've been the stress of following that bloody tractor for miles!! :wink: ):

Can you clarify..: what WAS the correct order in heat 3 of the 250cc class..?? :unsure:

Naylor, Freemantle and Barrett.

im 99.9 % sure its kyle haworth ... i was with him yesterday at scunny where he was flying

i think his dad clocked him at 62 sec's which is awesome for a 14 yr old lad who only took up speedway less than 3 months ago .. and he's such a nice kid .. ive all the time in the world for him and his team

im lucky because half the boys who rode in this meeting come to scunny for a skid .. talented kids everyone of them

british speedway has a bright future if these riders stick at it

im 99.9 % sure its kyle haworth ... i was with him yesterday at scunny where he was flying

i think his dad clocked him at 62 sec's which is awesome for a 14 yr old lad who only took up speedway less than 3 months ago .. and he's such a nice kid .. ive all the time in the world for him and his team

im lucky because half the boys who rode in this meeting come to scunny for a skid .. talented kids everyone of them

british speedway has a bright future if these riders stick at it

Your right there pudding me ole mucker, i have seen some of this good talent at the scunny summer championship, the bspa should play there cards right and make the best decisions for the future of british speedway or we'll become a nothing team, the bspa has the power to help thses young riders who are up and coming, but like normal, more foriegn riders will get a chance in teams instead of the bspa making sure the young ones get there chance.

Your right there pudding me ole mucker, i have seen some of this good talent at the scunny summer championship, the bspa should play there cards right and make the best decisions for the future of british speedway or we'll become a nothing team, the bspa has the power to help thses young riders who are up and coming, but like normal, more foriegn riders will get a chance in teams instead of the bspa making sure the young ones get there chance.

they could start by not charging clubs who run practise & amateurs meeting

then said clubs could reduce admission charges for the riders leaving them with more pennies to spend on equipment

Scunthorpe have already made the decision to reduce the price to practice and enter our amateur meetings for kids using 250s and lower. The price will be £25 and there will be further announcements (hopefully this week) designed to encourage kids into the sport.

Edited by Scunny Stag

Now I've sorted out the error on my race card (well it WAS wet!!. :oops: ) I've updated the scores as I think should have been awarded championship-wise in the 250cc class too..:

Round Four, Buxton Championship Points

Ben MORLEY 18

Rhys NAYLOR 16

Daniel I'ANSON 14

Brandon FREEMANTLE 12

Lloyd BARRETT 11

Jack CORNES 10

Tyler GOVIER 9

Connor DWYER 8

Daniel SIBSON 7

Final Championship points and positions

score in italics deleted (only applicable where four rounds ridden).

1st Rhys NAYLOR dnr 18 16 16 50 :approve:

2nd Nathan STONEMAN 18 16 12 dnr 46

3rd.Ben MORLEY 9 dnr 18 18 45

4th. Connor DWYER 16 12 11 8 39

5th. = Daniel I'anson 10 11 dnr 14 35

5th. = Lloyd BARRETT 14 10 10 11 35

5th. = Jack CORNES 11 14 9 10 35

8th. Daniel SIBSON 8 9 dnr 7 24

9th. Brandon FREEMANTLE dnr dnr 14 12 26

10th. Tyler GOVIER dnr dnr 8 9 17

11th. Marc OWEN 12 dnr dnr dnr 12

Final Championship points and positions

score in italics deleted (only applicable where four rounds ridden).

8th. Daniel SIBSON 8 9 dnr 7 24

9th. Brandon FREEMANTLE dnr dnr 14 12 26

No-one spot the deliberate (NOT!!) mistake!!

Of course it should read, Brandon 8th. and Daniel 9th..!! :oops: