British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lance52m

2008 Dave Booth Memorial

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySQMfbdJmw

Clip of the Junior semi's and Final before the main meeting was washed out after 8 races, it promised to be a great meeting and from what i witnessed before the rain, some of Australia's best junior and under 21 international stars of the future where set to entertain the crowd, will put some clips of the senior solo's and 350's up a bit later

cheers

Good video of the first one lance. I have to say on my first visit to Australian Speedway, it was a good show in the afternoon by the juniors on their junior track on their 125's. The British speedway promoters should take note if they want to produce more decent british youngsters. Its no wonder the aussies have so many good riders coming through like Darcy Ward, theres a number more coming through behind him who will be big hits in british speedway, providing we are still attracting riders to our shores, as we do seem to be losing riders for whatever reason (money probably).

Congrats to all on a good show, just a shame that the rain had to ruin the senior 350/500 meetings, again british promoters take note that they dont just chuck everybody onto 500's straight away at 14, they do ride younger ages over here on smaller engines.

And yes i wasnt lying, i came all the way to Brisbane to escape the cold and wet and miserable winters that Britain has just to see a complete downpour almost ruin the evenings racing with riders such as Darcy Ward, Josh Grajczonek etc riding in and Chris Holder/James Holder/Trent Leverington and Ryan Sullivan all spectating/helping in the pits. They worked tremendously to get the speedway on and unfortunately after more rain and a crash between Mike Penfold and James Holder it was inevitably postponed. Never mind the juniors and veterans (including ex Peterborough rider Craig Hyde, who has not lost the skill) gave us an entertaining and very comitted display in the afternoon.

I also bumped into Robbie Perks the ex referreee, was that a boo i heard ha ha, he would have called the meeting off before they rode any races in the evening. Also ex Swindon/Reading/Coventry & Ipswich star and still as lively as ever Mitch Shirra was present to.

Look out for more aussies in brittain in the near future, although as a swindon supporter im not going to tell you who !! :lol:

Thanks for posting the clips Lance.

Some very good junior action, the meeting always looked a bit risky weather wise.

As Squeeky said loads of current and former riders in the pits, we could of put quite a good Aussie team together from those just spectating.

Certainly some very good riders coming through the ranks, the race between Darcy Ward and Josh Grajczonek had real spice to it, the two friends were out to out do each other, Josh got the start and despite Darcy's best efforts held on for the win, this race being just as the heavy rain started to fall.

Here's a team of past and present riders who were in the pits (not riding);

Ryan Sullivan

Chris Holder

Mick Poole

Steven Davies

Mitch Shirra

Trent Leverington

Craig Hyde

Special mention for the Under 16's who rode in the afternoon heat and humidity, some great racing, some of the youngsters are coming on in leeps and bounds.

Hope you enjoyed your first taste of Aussie action Squeeky?