British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Is This A New Jawa?

looks to me as if its a one off special. Its interesting with such a short transmission chain and the rear chain is on the opposite side!

looks to me as if its a one off special. Its interesting with such a short transmission chain and the rear chain is on the opposite side!

I am almost sure that the primairy drive is not by a chain, but gear driven.

It looks like a super motard engine with an intergeral gear box. The frame does not have engine plates so there is no stress on the crank cases. The engine is mounted more like a 250cc grasstrack bike.

The Klatovsky family may be the people to ask as they are involved with super motard racing and Jawa motorcycles.

I would say no. It looks like a pure one off experiment. Has is been mentioned there are no engine plates, but it seems to have also a cradle frame which seems odd as it would normally have the engine as a stressed member of the frame if there were no front plates at all.

There does not appear to be a primary chain drive; a gear driven clutch from the engine sprocket which also seems a little odd from the point of view of altering the gearing ratio, it could it be by the look of it an experiment with a centrifugal example of a semi automatic clutch, a bit like the 'twist and go' examples of today scooters. There seems to be a cable and lever so maybe its a semi automatic or an experiment with a slipper clutch of some sort?

Anyway, I like the idea of the cam type rear wheel chain adjuster though. :)

Edited by Jim Blanchard

I would say no. It looks like a pure one off experiment. Has is been mentioned there are no engine plates, but it seems to have also a cradle frame which seems odd as it would normally have the engine as a stressed member of the frame if there were no front plates at all.

There does not appear to be a primary chain drive; a gear driven clutch from the engine sprocket which also seems a little odd from the point of view of altering the gearing ratio, it could it be by the look of it an experiment with a centrifugal example of a semi automatic clutch, a bit like the 'twist and go' examples of today scooters. There seems to be a cable and lever so maybe its a semi automatic or an experiment with a slipper clutch of some sort?

Anyway, I like the idea of the cam type rear wheel chain adjuster though. :)

I am almost sure that the primairy drive is not by a chain, but gear driven.
looks brilliant. no more prehistoric primary chains

. can i have one?

On a less technical note, would nt your right leg be at risk going around the bend if you locked up with the chain being on that side?

Edited by Markone

On a less technical note, would nt your right leg be at risk going around the bend if you locked up with the chain being on that side?

In the past there were other bikes with the final drive on the right side, but I never heard there is more risk for a riders right leg.