British Speedway Forum
tomhaines

SGP 2004 Calendar Announced

They are saying on the Yahoo site that there is another GP on October 23 next year and unofficial reports are that it is Paris.

Yea Clarkie, bring 'em back

They are saying on the Yahoo site that there is another GP on October 23 next year and unofficial reports are that it is Paris.

That's excellent news if it proves to be correct Jo - One Night In Paris (Is Like A Year In Any Other Town).

Wouldn't be surprised if its Sydney, thats why there is a question mark over it. They are doing all the talking to see if they can afford it this time. That is what I think anyway. Get your beach gear ready Pawprint ;)

We can only wish it is Sydney. I can't imagine it being back at the Olympic Stadium as good as it was. Maybe there holding off till J.C. becomes World Champ.

Which 'proper speedway' track has the capacity of say, 20,000? I cannot see BSI wanting to put on a British GP in a stadium with a smaller capacity than that.

i dont think prague can hold that many

That's excellent news if it proves to be correct Jo - One Night In Paris (Is Like A Year In Any Other Town).

Too right - that would be wicked to get a GP in Paris. I'd definitely be up for that one if it did happen. Probably as easy to get to as Cardiff! :D

For anyone that likes to plan a trip in advance.

RyanAir are offering flights to Stockholm for the GP on May 29th (well flying out on the 28th and coming back on the 30th) for £41 return (inc taxes). Can't see there being much chance of the date being changed, BSI have to book the stadiums well in advance.

Hope that helps someone get a cheap deal. Probably see you on the flight as well :D

That's early AJH. The Easyjet ones don't come out until the end of December. Think I'll wait to see what the last one is now, Paris or Sydney or somewhere else :?:

Wouldn't be surprised if its Sydney, thats why there is a question mark over it. They are doing all the talking to see if they can afford it this time. That is what I think anyway. Get your beach gear ready Pawprint ;)

Just say the word and I will be ready! :approve:

There is a little matter I would like to take up with that Dingo from last year and the fact I have had four extra mouths to feed since my last visit. :shock:

ajh - thats my birthday sorted :)

ooh Pawprint

you listen to those with experience ;)

For anyone that likes to plan a trip in advance.

RyanAir are offering flights to Stockholm for the GP on May 29th (well flying out on the 28th and coming back on the 30th) for £41 return (inc taxes). Can't see there being much chance of the date being changed, BSI have to book the stadiums well in advance.

Hope that helps someone get a cheap deal. Probably see you on the flight as well :D

Thanks ajh for highlighting that. :D

I went to Prague this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next year, I was thinking Stockholm or Copenhagen - this might swing it though.

Thanks ajh for highlighting that. :D

I went to Prague this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next year, I was thinking Stockholm or Copenhagen - this might swing it though.

No probs Falcace and Addy have a great birthday :D:D

Stockholm is on my to do list and with flights at £41, it looks like 2004 might well be the year.

Went to Gothenburg last year and have been to Vojens twice. Have always had a great time on my GP trips and I'm hoping Hamar will be the same this weekend.

Also really want to do Prague and Bydgoszcz but by the looks of the calendar they may only be 2 weeks apart and that may well stretch the budget to far :!: May have to choose between the two, any recommendations folks :?: :?: :?:

I haven't been to Bydgoszcz, but I can't really fault Prague. The track is a good for racing and although its no Cardiff, it has a great atmosphere. But the biggest selling point is the city itself.

I have travelled a bit in my time, but I would have to say Prague is the most stunning city I have ever seen.