British Speedway Forum
tanya

The Prince Of Wales Trophy - Newport 15/03

It could be argued that Sheffield have a meeting on an off day when Newport are having a memorial for Tim Stone on the clubs own race day is the issue here, not the other way around.

Not an argument on my part.

Respecting Tim's memory goes without saying.

However Darren was a childhood freind of mine & i feel duty bound to be there.

This is also going to be the relaunch for the new promotion so it'll be interesting to see if the old faces make a steady return to the Stadium. There has been lots of rumours that people are coming back and that people that have never been are coming to see and even changes of alligance so should be a good day on the 15th.

Surprised Phil Morris has not been invited to this event?? Nik Mallet may have missed a good pr trick here with the local lad come good.... surely with new supporters coming in they would like to see a welsh lad riding??

Surprised Phil Morris has not been invited to this event?? Nik Mallet may have missed a good pr trick here with the local lad come good.... surely with new supporters coming in they would like to see a welsh lad riding??

I agree spannerboy and from a business perspective you would have thought that Newport would have engaged the services of the only decent Welsh rider to generate more PR, especially seeing that Morris' TV appearances would generate plenty of publicity in the local area.

I wait for the Newport fans to come up with the line of Morris not being the rider he was etc, my answer to that is well you've signed Werner and Watson! :lol:

seems a bit harsh.

swindon have signed stead who isnt the rider he was, what you think of that?

im sure most fans would like to see wizzer riding, however its only fair that each Wasp gets a ride in it and with 8 positions left, which of these would you say morris is better than?

kramer

howe

doolan

doyle

korneliussen

iversen

barker

klindt

maybe morris could be reserve?

I wait for the Newport fans to come up with the line of Morris not being the rider he was etc, my answer to that is well you've signed Werner and Watson!

Why would we say that. Phil was a former rider at Newport and respected by the Newport fans. I think it was just a chance for you to have a jibe at the Newport team. The Newport supporters have no say in who rides in the meeting.

My advice would be to get a taxi from the train station, it will take you directly to the track. On a Sunday the buses are few are far between and there will be a walk involved to get to the track. A taxi would be much easier.

What are the admission fees for this meeting (adults and kids)?

anyone know the answer please?

Im torn as to what meeting to go to

this or the Ozchem :unsure:

Bet both will be good meetings

Im torn as to what meeting to go to

this or the Ozchem :unsure:

Bet both will be good meetings

Both are very worthy meetings but if it helps you make up your mind - I will be in Newport!!!! :wink::lol:

I know - Ozchem it is then!!!!!! :cry:

Edited by Sandie

Both are very worth meetings but if it helps you make up your mind - I will be in Newport!!!! :wink::lol:

I know - Ozchem it is then!!!!!! :cry:

aaah sandie. Stop flirting lol

seriously tho it prob will be Ozchem as i can get alift there.

But id like to be at newports opener :blink:

It's that time of year again......

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

I guess this makes the Prince of Wales Trophy the first speedway action of the season :)