British Speedway Forum
Phil

Motogp Drops Donington - Moves To Silverstone

Silverstone has signed a five-year agreement with series organisers Dorna to host the race from 2010

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/motogp/new...otogp_loss.html

Much better facilities than Donington as it is at present but not sure about the racing as its not such a flowing track and that ‘mickey mouse’ chicane at the end of the lap needs changing. Having said that Donington has gone right off over the past couple of years too with all the earth moving that has been going on . I am quite happy to see it back at Silverstone anyway. :)

Edit: By the way, well done with the new section Phil. :) Now we will really see how little 'cross over' there really is. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jim Blanchard

Having said that Donington has gone right off over the past couple of years too with all the earth moving that has been going on .

Family of Badgers moved in then Jim or is it those damn Moles again? :lol:

Family of Badgers moved in then Jim or is it those damn Moles again? :lol:

Thought it might be Pawprint and friends :shock::lol:

No way will that chicane remain for the motogp boys :rolleyes: Good move imo, about time we left Donington, let F1 have to contend with traffic chaos :approve:

silver bee, can you be persuaded into entering BSF's first MotoGP competition? ;):D

Quite shocking actually... to think that well the moto gp lads will fly around that tiny little track - i know the F1 guys drive like hell round there, but i'm not sure ... but this will be fantastic to attend... but imagine it will be jam packed!

but i think no way will they stick to the track they used for SBK or BSB, similar to the F1 layout tbh, might even extend it further, you never know!

Edited by WimbledonDon

Brings back a good few memories,a weekend on the pop at Silverstone,my mate Ashie spewing for Wales and swearing blind he had`nt had carrotts at all during the weekend,so after he had finished being sick,he decided to taste what those orange bits were :lol:

Perhaps some one can tell me the year because I have forgotten,it was the Sheen v Roberts race where they both came out of the last bend side by side with Roberts just taking the victory.

Perhaps some one can tell me the year because I have forgotten,it was the Sheen v Roberts race where they both came out of the last bend side by side with Roberts just taking the victory.

Although it was before I was born, I believe it was 1979 as I saw highlights for that race last year on ESPN classic. :D

Edited by chris26

thanks jim, I knew it was in 70's from sometime :)

just three years too early with my guess :lol:

silver bee, can you be persuaded into entering BSF's first MotoGP competition? ;):D

I was planning to anyway mate, just haven't got round to it yet!

oh ive just caught up, dont tend to visit the forum out of season well heres my two-penneth

Facilities may be better at Silverstone but Donnington is a much nicer circuit. Ive driven (not ridden) both and have to say Donnington is the winner every time for me. Distance wise there's not much in it from where I am and the traffic isnt an issue too much of an issue on two wheels ....