British Speedway Forum
Jim Blanchard

Motogp 2009 1st Round At Qatar This Weekend

it's scheduled then, race WILL go ahead at 7pm on Monday night. Least the race is going ahead. :):approve:

I see it rains on average 8 days a year in Doha.

Yep, with April being one of the prime canditates for having one of those wet days. Still DORMA took the big bucks from the Losail track owners to host the first GP when they could have held it there later in the year, still under flood lights with a miniscule risk of rain. Hope they lost more $$$ than they gained out of all this.

it's scheduled then, race WILL go ahead at 7pm on Monday night. Least the race is going ahead. :):approve:

Marvellous,a choice between Emmerdale or a GP............ :lol:

Got to say what a boring race it was, fell asleep half way through, such a small field that just strung out after one lap. Compared to the close racing at Brands yesterday I fail to see how this is the best series :unsure:

Gotta agree, it was a tad tedious. In fact the whole meeting was hardly awe inspiring was it?

The only reason MGP is considered pinnacle of 2 wheeled sport is now the same as the reason F1 has been considered the top of the 4 wheeled tree and that is bescause of the bikes themselves being so technologically advanced, the actual racing has been largely dull for the last few years. Just as GP2 produces close exciting racing, WSB does the same.

One thing though, please only return to Qatar for a daytime race, knock the night time stuff on the head.

I agree that WSB has been much better value for a few years now. Not impressed with that as a season opener, but can't say it's down to the night racing particularly.

Toseland was particularly disappointing, I'm sure Edwards will be having a good chuckle. His boss seemed a bit concerned that it will take time for the new package to kick in and get JT going, if that's the case and he has another poor year can't see him sticking it out in Moto GP.

The race was strung out last night, and overall quality was poor. Mind you, anyone see De Angelis and Pedrosa get it together in Turn 6/7 I think it was when Dani was slow and wide out of the corner, leaving De Angelis with no way where to go as he (DA) was already committed to that line. Bet Dani woke up really sore this morning!

Toseland was particularly disappointing, I'm sure Edwards will be having a good chuckle. His boss seemed a bit concerned that it will take time for the new package to kick in and get JT going, if that's the case and he has another poor year can't see him sticking it out in Moto GP.

Toseland will go back to WSB next season if it fails for him this season in MotoGP. I'm sure Ten Kate Honda would welcome him back with open arms?

All De Angelis' fault, he lifted halfway round the bend and ran wide straight into the side of Dani, wasn't impressed.

All De Angelis' fault, he lifted halfway round the bend and ran wide straight into the side of Dani, wasn't impressed.

Dani should have been going faster, he wouldn't have been in the way! :lol:

yeah, he lifted but he was committed to the racing line and Dani was in his way. Dani was so slow and wide and should have been paying attention tbh.

The race was strung out last night, and overall quality was poor. Mind you, anyone see De Angelis and Pedrosa get it together in Turn 6/7 I think it was when Dani was slow and wide out of the corner, leaving De Angelis with no way where to go as he (DA) was already committed to that line. Bet Dani woke up really sore this morning!

Toseland will go back to WSB next season if it fails for him this season in MotoGP. I'm sure Ten Kate Honda would welcome him back with open arms?

yeah, he lifted but he was committed to the racing line and Dani was in his way. Dani was so slow and wide and should have been paying attention tbh.

You may have seen it like that Chris, I have watched it a few times and I would suggest he used him as air fence, if Pedrosa had not been where he was De Anglis would have been on the astro turf or in the kitty litter, he was just going too fast, and were lucky they both stayed on.

That might not be as easy as it seems. He has the same manager as Neil Hodgson and has secured him a very lucrative sponsorship and a competitive MotoGp seat. If they do not make it sadly it seems they are then limited to where they can go if they do not make it, as they are ‘yesterdays men’ with very high price tags.

One thing I consider that has been handled all wrong with JT has been putting him under pressure at various times prior to a GP with this piano performing malarkey, like at Donington Park last year. He should have been hid away and let him concentrate on the serious stuff.

I am no big fan of JT really for various reasons but he is a very good rider and British of course, so I would still like him to be successful at this level.

I am no big fan of JT really for various reasons but he is a very good rider and British of course, so I would still like him to be successful at this level.

Not to mention he always has time for the fans no matter when or where... and is a genuine nice bloke... unlike Nori Haga... who for contiuous seasons has snubbed the fans!

And i remember at Brands 2007 when about 7-8 SBK riders got on a mini bus to go to a press conference etc Haga ran into the mini van oh so quickly and a fan even asked JT to go get Haga's autograph and he did - and even after that Haga wouldn't look out the window to make eye contact with the fans :unsure: Yet they same day, JT was out signing for easily 3-5 hours :neutral:

Some people need to realiase that the fans are the reason they're there... that really annoys me about any motorsport riders... :rolleyes:

Chris, what was Dani supposed to do? Just because he ran a little wide, not even excessively, it's ok for De Angelis to barge into him? What exactly was he supposed to do?

Agree about JT. Had a pit walk in WSBK a couple of years ago and JT was there the entire time signing autographs, having photos taken and giving away posters, whereas other riders couldn't be bothered to come and see the fans at all. Love watching Haga race but never really come across him and his attitude towards fans.

Edited by Silver Bee