British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tricky dicky

2004 GP WILD CARDS

So who will be the 6 permanent wild cards for 2004? I'd say lukas dryml is a cert, loram or richardson or maybe both, there will be at least one polish rider chosen with bajerski and hampel staking claims , max from sweden will be considered as will bjerre and hans andersen from denmark ! any others ?

So the top 10 from SGP 2003 are,

Nicki, Jason, TRick, Leigh, Greg, Tomasz, Scott, Runa, Ryan and Andreas.

11th is Pepe, whos through from the qualifier, as does Bjarne, Jesper B, Lakannen, Brhel (who was 22nd overall in the GP standings) and Ales Dryml.

Looking down the list, I would think that the 6 places are given to possibily the following :-

1. Lee Richardson (started slowly but performed better in the second half of the GP calendar)

2. Lukas Dryml (season ending injuries, but has shown the pedigree to mix it at top flight)

3. Mark Loram (ex-world champ, an injury ravged season, and with a bit of fitness and confidence will allways be in there and provide some entertainment)

4. Jarek Hampel (world U-21 champ and semi-finalist at Bydgoszcz)

5. Matej Zagar perhaps - to help to keep the Slovenia round on the calendar ?

6. A Swede ? Max has been really dissapointing, perhaps Ruud or even Ljung (he seemed to mix it at Ullevi and in the SWC)

Other considerations could come from Hans N Andersen, Bajerski (didn't do enough 2nd half of the year for me), Peter Karlsson and Joonas Kylmakorpi, then obviously there would be 2 wildcards for each round. If there is a German round as indicated, then perhaps that may have an influence ?

The above would balance it out, with national representation as follows:-

Aus - JC, LA, RS

UK - SN, LR, ML

Swe - TR, AJ, T.B.A

Pol - TG, PP, JH

Cze - LD, AD, BB

Den - NP, BP, JBJ

Nor - RH

Fin - KL

Slo - MZ

USA - GH

+ 2 wildcards

Anyway, I'm sure that BSI have it all sorted pretty much by now anyway and will put us out of our misery soon.

I read in the speedway star he not been beaten round brough by an opposing rider since july (not counting Lee L runoff) - Impressive which ever way you look at it!

not a bad achievement on a track so fair.

what even more impressive is the fact he is streets ahead of both Nicki and Bjarne and is a few years younger than the pair of them were in their time learning how to ride the track which decides who will make the cut 8)

Go and have a bet and see wot odds you can get for him being world champ in next ten years! Do you think he will be at Newcastle next year? They've turned down a big offer already have n't they?

an offer from another club?

we need to go EL, just think KB, Bjarne and maybes even Nicki can return and be local heros - consistantcy - sounds good, build the future teams around them - think of what that would do for speedway at newcastle - we would need the bends and back straight open to contain the masses - give loadsa free tickets out like the ice hockey does, think of the atmosphere! get a working sound system, quality

Speedway being dragged into the new minenium - St James park would make a decent speedway stadium in a few years wouldn't it 8)

Guest Oh no ur shoes!

Brightonbob, nobody knows where it is going to be next year but if you want to look at people's opinions then go to the:

Where do people want the SWC to be next year? Topic, personally i would like it to be in Czech Rep. (or mabie even poland!)

Don't forget Billy Janniro, there's only one USA rider surely there should be 2!

Brightonbob, nobody knows where it is going to be next year but if you want to look at people's opinions then go to the:

Where do people want the SWC to be next year? Topic, personally i would like it to be in Czech Rep. (or mabie even poland!)

Don't forget Billy Janniro, there's only one USA rider surely there should be 2!

Having just had my first experience of Pardubice at the recent Golden Helmet and seen 31 races with 6 riders and just ONE re-run then I would suggest there is no better place to run it but there.

no way should ruud get the nod!....and as for bjerre & ljung i fink its prob a year too ealry..why put riders in who are going to struggle & be consequently demorolised???..thats the trouble with gp organisers...a good example is bajerski whos confidence seems to have been drained..also im not over sure about andersen...just doesnt seem to cut it to me....and wot a pity that bjarne has already qualified cos apart from the hamar which was doctored by a dane for a danish win he was quite simply awful last year...such a horrible riding style too!!.....its gotta be loram dryml max(4th in world yeah b4 dont forget!!!) hampel janniro(bottle) & richardson