British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

I've just tried this screamer & when i submitted it said i had come from an unauthorised domain, wonder why?

I get the sane response. However why don't we all e mail the Head of IMG Motrsports and let him know what we think. In a constructive manner of course!! Will be interesting to see if we get a response.

harry.horsley@imgworld.com

my thoughts have been sent, including the fact you can't e mail the Speedway GP Site.

I asked someone ''in the know'' about why the tracks are all prepared so slick for the GP's. The answer ? The sponsors dont want to pay money and then see their logo's covered up by shale, and thats the reply i was given

what a load of rubbish.

Ha, this is the only reason I could think of BSI/IMG not wanting the best racing the riders could provide for the public in their series.

So it all boils down to clean sponsors names, forget the racing as long as the sponsors names are clean .................. how sad eh They must also think that the fans who attend to see the racing are irrelevant too then, as longs as the sponsors names are clean ......................

you are 100% wrong again. i left prague gp at heat 20 as it was that boring.

I get the sane response. However why don't we all e mail the Head of IMG Motrsports and let him know what we think. In a constructive manner of course!! Will be interesting to see if we get a response.

harry.horsley@imgworld.com

my thoughts have been sent, including the fact you can't e mail the Speedway GP Site.

wrong bloke mate.

you are 100% wrong again. i left prague gp at heat 20 as it was that boring.

So you now think GP racing is as bad as the action in the British leagues?

Haven't seen your company name in the GPs for a while, how's the lift business going these days?

Haven't seen your company name in the GPs for a while, how's the lift business going these days?

The SGP seems to have few decent sponsors these days. It looks to be mostly tourist boards and media companies.

Once again, one wonders how long IMG are going to tolerate this failing series?

wrong bloke mate.

Well who else do we contact to make our feelings known. You can't reply on the Speedway GP site, won,t accept e mails and there is no points of contact to register any concerns we may have. Not really ideal given it is supposed to be a major company.

Olsens record of track prep is hardly one to be proud of,its either slick produces no proper racing and who could ever forget the episode in Germany last year.The quicker this idiot is retired the better but it seems he is none to keen to hand over his mantle to anyone else.

Aside from Tony Olsson who has been learning at the "Great Master's" feet for a couple of years now - who would want the poisoned chalice that is GP track preparation? I was appalled - even Mr Clean couldn't get a decent race all night on a track he's ridden virtually every week for 14 years. Olsen's preparation completely ruined what had the promise of a cracking meeting.

The comparison between the track last night and Scunny's tack n Monday was immense. I was shocked to see that Scunny had dirt on it - I've grown so used to seeing bald-as-a-badger's-nether-regions tracks on Sky that I had to ask Mr Bobbin' what the stuff was on top of the concrete. :rolleyes: And Monday's meeting was the best I'd seen for a long, long time.

Yep, He asks Nicki P...What gate are you off in the first heat? and sets the starts up to make that gate an advantage.

The guys in the studio and Johno were saying...Gate 3 is never the best gate here because its on the racing line, what happens last night? nicki off gate 3 twice...including the very first heat, and statistically the best gate all night is gate 3.

Im sure looking through past GP's..there will be a general trend along those lines.

And im sure olsen can prepare tracks well...he just chooses not to, for sponsors/the danes.

Unless Leigh Adams announces a retirement year from the GP's, i wont be shelling out to go and watch another GP for as long as olsen is setting up the tracks.

Just one tiny little question SSP. Do you have any proof of these accusations? I know we all have our opinions, but.....

keep watching then, very well thank you.

Well who else do we contact to make our feelings known. You can't reply on the Speedway GP site, won,t accept e mails and there is no points of contact to register any concerns we may have. Not really ideal given it is supposed to be a major company.

who knows but its not harry.

Well if we can't contact the buggers there's only way to make 'em take notice , don't bloody watch it & don't bloody go to 'em.

Edited by colincooke

Out of interest (not a regular SS reader anymore), has anyone conducted an indepth interview with the man and quizzed him on track preperation?

Fekkin hell , i can just imagine that Interview

There`d be a blank expression/stare and the sound of Tumbleweed blowing in the background :o

A perfect interview just before you pop off to Bed !

Lucky

I would think its a bit up and down :rolleyes:

I would think its a bit up and down :rolleyes:

oh yes, up up and away :lol: