British Speedway Forum

scotty needs to take a good look at himself and where he is in his career, its great if he sorts himself out , but its not watching a rider totally out of touch with his form.. get back to basics scotty. things may well turn upwards for the better.

really enjoyed the meeting some good races the boys seemed right up for it. i am really pleased for bomber

who has probably not started the season the way he would of liked but great way to turn it round. watching last night

a could see the real bomber was on show. massive fan of chris and well made up he is british champion. hope he wins at cardiff again 2007 was class.

Your a nice chap aren't you ! You seem glad one of our GB riders is suffering a lack of confidence, upset that he alledgedly has enough money to miss the Elite league.

Supporters like you should support another sport.

I should choose another sport cos i disagree with you!

nicholls is very good at elite league level but will never cut it at gp level in my view after 70 attempts,the future is the likes of kennett,woffinden and harris ,thats my opinion and thats what this forum is about,opinion.

scotty needs to take a good look at himself and where he is in his career, its great if he sorts himself out , but its not watching a rider totally out of touch with his form.. get back to basics scotty. things may well turn upwards for the better.

yer right there ashman. come on scotty u can do it,

So Harris won...Have noticed that he does seem to do better in individual meetings, when riding for himself. Better than when riding for a team....Is he not a team man??

Thanks Orion... :approve:

Well, there are two conclusions I've come to and I'm not sure yet which is the right one. Someone else has logged in under his name or you've bribed him with a fair amount of money. :lol:

He's been 8th & 9th in the world for the last 2 seasons. That is his level but its still a high standard to achieve

Why cant the GB supporters get behind our riders and stop slagging them off. Maybe its part of his current problem. He is out of form but only 2 GP's have gone from 11. Nikki P is behind where he was last year too.

I'm with you on this one, Personally I think he needs support and guidence at the moment and from someone better than bloody Tatum!

We all know that Scott has the ability, and the determination, he has amazing skill on a bike so the British Supporters just need to get behind him now to help boost his confidence again! I hope he does better in Gothenburg and Copenhagen and then on to Cardiff where we can all raise the roof for him!

Well, there are two conclusions I've come to and I'm not sure yet which is the right one. Someone else has logged in under his name or you've bribed him with a fair amount of money. :lol:

I'd like to think he's changed into a kindly chap in his old age...but I reckon he'd been on the pop.. :wink:

As I said to Sandie on the way out last night (nice to see you guys again btw :D), the lack of the anthem had passed me by. No excuses as I do agree that one should have been played. However...Nij our usual announcer was sick and so Clive came down to stand in for the night. It might have just been one of those things that went unnoticed out of that change of routine.

Good to meet you to Rabs, as normal.

Thinking logically, I dont actually feel Poole should be blamed for the anthem. Maybe your usual presenter would have thought about it but he probably would have had to nudge the BSPA and prompt them.

At the end of the day it was a Super Seven meeting and it is the responsibility of the BSPA and the Super Seven committee to organise and stage manage the event - telling Poole Speedway what THEY require.

Which in a way makes it even worse as it is the BRITISH speedway Promoters Association

I dont think Scotty (or Bomber) would ever win a GP series to become World Champ. I do think he can win a GP as he's been 2nd and 3rd a few times so its only one or two steps up. He has made plenty of finals so at some stage maybe the cards will fall his way.

It just pi**es me off that some the GB supporters cannot get behind our guys. But then it's far easier to knock someone isnt it.

I guess that when Woofy gets into the GPs he'll be looked at as a potential world champ but then slagged off he he only gets to the same level as Scotty. Human nature is sad sometimes

So Harris won...Have noticed that he does seem to do better in individual meetings, when riding for himself. Better than when riding for a team....Is he not a team man??

You obviously have not seen him ride very much or you would not make such a remark also when there is dirt on the track he is a different rider i have seen him since grasstrack days and he has never rode well on slick prepared tracks

You obviously have not seen him ride very much or you would not make such a remark also when there is dirt on the track he is a different rider i have seen him since grasstrack days and he has never rode well on slick prepared tracks

Well if he wants to be world champ he'd better start learning fast.

You should get some work done!!

Enjoyed the meeting last night and good on Sky for showing it. Credit to Poole who produced a decent enough track and when you combine that with the amount of determination all the riders were showing, it was always going to be a cracker.

Congratulations to Bomber, who knows what he'd achieve if he gated like THAT more often :blink: absolutely brilliant in the final. Rico was class in his 5 rides only dropping a point but had a bad ride when it mattered. Edward Kennett, never really been a fan of his but he's slowly "converting" me. He means business. Very impressed with his attitude, determination, and how much has he come on since I used to watch him in the PL and wonder what the fuss was about. The progression he's made is very clear and if he keeps it up and replicates performances like last night on the international stage then he could go far. Big well done to Tai also, battled all night and deserved his place on the podium. Danny King was another who impressed me, and I'd definitely keep my eye on him with a view to the world cup.

Can't quite believe Nicholls. He looked gutted all night and his confidence is obviously non-existant. Not sure if he'll stick to his guns or come back to Britain if offered a place but he seriously needs to do something somewhere because as he knows, the way you get confidence back is by winning races and at the minute, it's not really happening often enough.

No National Anthem !!?? Perhaps Poole haven't a need for it with their rider base over the lst few years !! :lol:

I like it - bang on.

I was always mystified when as Team GB Manager, Middlo constantly complained about the limited resources he had with regard to whom to pick to represent Team GB, when there was clearly no attempt made by Poole to nurture and develop young British riders. They sure knew how to develop young Poles and Scandinavians though. Maybe that's why most of the world's best riders now come from beyond our shores.

I too think it was shameful that the National Anthem was not played. Bomber had the opportunity, as a result of his own efforts, to demonstrate his absolute pride in being the British Champion. None of us had the opportunity to demonstrate our pride in being British.

Oh! and by the way, where were the fireworks at the conclusion of the meeting?