British Speedway Forum

Have to say Nicholl's was completely at fault, There was NO need whatsoever to do what he did. Its also not the first time incidents involving him have occured. Such as taking out Chris Harris to name but one example.

You can see from the video that Nicholls made a dive under and attempted to take out the young Russian rider, In fact it was so tight that Emil's back wheel almost hit Scotts. Emil went up to have a word with Scott and probably to tell him rightly so that dangerous riding such as that is in NO way acceptable. This is where accidents happen! There's hard riding and there's deliberate taking out - This is the latter.

Its sad that young riders have such appauling role models such as Nicholls to look up to...

Very unprofessional behaviour.

I'm referring to the last bend, where you can see the way Nicholls is riding is aggressive and moving the Russian rider wider and wider and when they reach the straight Nicholls actually moves directly in line in front of Emil and you can see that his dirt deflector and back wheel miss Emil's back wheel by inches. Obviously Emil would have had to shut off to avoid quite a pile-up.

I ride speedway myself and aggressive riding such as this is quite frankly dangerous and un-called for. Yes there is hard racing, but deliberately taking out other riders is unacceptable and is what leads to alot of accidents in speedway that shouldn't happen.

Think you are completely alone in what you saw then, Speedway is an aggresive sport - any first bend is.

Emil has done more and worse moves and they have been hailed as brilliant, and i agree.

What Nicholls did was defend his postion well and Emil acted like a 4 year old not a 19 year old.

Fair play to scott for battling for his place and shameful behaviour from a so called `professional` team.

having just come back from my hoiday this morning and having missed my first cardiff :(

just seen the fight on toutube, to be frank i appreciate emil is a young man and full of fire, which makes him interesting.... but scott did nothing wrong at all, a perfectly valid move, the GP's are ough, i liked scotts right hander as well, must have hirt him smacking the helemt...

can we have more of this please?

that 30 seconds more drama than the whole of the danish gp!

I have to agree, Scott did nothing wrong, he's there to win races, and rode a hard race!.

Emil One punch Sudjfutinov is starting to show a bit of temperment, and i feel that if everytime things don't quite go his way he will throw his toys out of the pram, then perspective promoters will take a dim view of this!!.

Edited by Starman2006

Have to say fair play to Emil for having the courtesy to actually apologize for the incident;

Emil Sajfutdinov spoke Saturday after the Grand Prix round in Cardiff. Rosjanin przeprasza za swoje zachowanie i ma nadzieję, że więcej nie dojdzie do takich sytuacji jak na Millennium Stadium, gdzie pobił się ze Scottem Nichollsem. Russian supply for their behavior and hopes that more has not come to a situation such as the Millennium Stadium, where he defeated with Scott Nicholls.

- Na początku chciałbym przeprosić moich sponsorów, kibiców i wszystkie osoby, które uraziłem swoim zachowaniem po piątym biegu. - At the beginning I would like to apologize my sponsors, supporters and all those who offended his behavior after the fifth race. Na swoje usprawiedliwienie mogę powiedzieć, iż w moim odczuciu to ja zostałem zaatakowany przez kolegę z Anglii. On herself I can say that I think I was attacked by a colleague from England. Mam nadzieję, że już więcej do takich sytuacji z moim udziałem nie dojdzie. I hope that even more to the situation with my participation will not. Wracając do zawodów, to mogę powiedzieć, że nie były one najlepsze w moim wykonaniu. Turning to the profession, it can be said that they were not the best in my application. Jak zwykle miałem wszystko bardzo dobrze przygotowane przez mój team, tylko popełniliśmy błąd w doborze motocykli. As usual, everything was very well prepared by my team, but popełniliśmy error in the selection of motorcycles. Mimo wszystko ciesze się, że nadal jestem drugi w klasyfikacji generalnej. After all I am very happy that I am still second in the general classification. Ta miesięczna przerwa od GP bardzo nam się przyda. This month break from the GP is very useful to us. Mam nadzieję, że w kolejnych rundach będę równie skuteczny jak dotychczas. I hope that in subsequent rounds as effective as I would. Teraz koncentruję się już na zawodach ligowych w Zielonej Gorze i byłoby fajnie gdybyśmy sprawili milą niespodziankę naszym fanom i uratowali bonus z dwumeczu - powiedział Sajfutdinov na swojej stronie internetowej. Now we focus on the already league competitions in Zielona Gora and it would be cool if we sprawili miles surprise our fans with the bonus and saved dwumeczu - Sajfutdinov said on its website.

---

Reading the replies on here, I can perhaps see now that both riders are in part to blame for the incident and their actions even if they were heat of the moment were unprofessional. But I do think Nicholls could have controlled his temper better.

Edited by Speed_Way

Guest Ashie Smashy
But I do think Nicholls could have controlled his temper better.

This is the guy that throws his bike down in a tantrum at Peterborough the other week in the Sky Elite League match. Nicholls is an embarrassment in so many ways, yet people on here are blinded by his Team GB race jacket or club jacket and defend him to the hilt.

Harris on the other hand may not be a world beater, but he comes across the professional role model, his acceptance of the exclusion last night was a prime example.

Have to say fair play to Emil for having the courtesy to actually apologize for the incident;

Reading the replies on here, I can perhaps see now that both riders are in part to blame for the incident and their actions even if they were heat of the moment were unprofessional. But I do think Nicholls could have controlled his temper better.

Then BOTH riders could have controlled there tempers better!

NO the other riders paid his fine and said they would go on strike if any ban was enforced . hope someone will start a collection to pay Scott;s fine

I sincerely hope this was tongue in cheek.....

Adams looks like he is ready to fall on his sword which has to be good news, and Hancock can't be far behind.

Why would it be good news that Leigh stopped racing in the GPs? One bad season in the GPs doesn't make him a bad rider. I'd love to see get back into the top 8 and get through next year. If he didn't, then at least he wouldn't rely on being seeded through each year like some riders I could mention.

Emil was stupid to get into the fight, but taking out the "Brit" bias, Emil leant on Clot after the race & said something,then Scott nudged him into the fence by the gate before Emil threw any punch...so who started it?? BOTH were equally as bad.

Quite agree with you. Until Nicholls pushed Sayfutdinov away, the had been no actual contact, just verbals. Nicholls physically assaulted Sayfutdinov first, albeit after provocation.

Have to agree about the music I say it most weeks at Coventry where we now have some awful jingles for certain riders.

Still, we should be grateful that at least this year the music didn't include the song he used last year by Ivor Biggun. That is at least a small mercy.

I sincerely hope this was tongue in cheek.....

Why would it be good news that Leigh stopped racing in the GPs? One bad season in the GPs doesn't make him a bad rider. I'd love to see get back into the top 8 and get through next year. If he didn't, then at least he wouldn't rely on being seeded through each year like some riders I could mention.

Quite agree with you. Until Nicholls pushed Sayfutdinov away, the had been no actual contact, just verbals. Nicholls physically assaulted Sayfutdinov first, albeit after provocation.

Still, we should be grateful that at least this year the music didn't include the song he used last year by Ivor Biggun. That is at least a small mercy.

so in your opinion is perfectly ok to verbally abuse but not physically?

think you are a somewhat mixed up person then!

scott just wanted to get back to the pits was stopped in doing so by emil ridding across him, but apprently thats ok?

i do agree something not right with scott and his two late appreances for the bees not good either.

Then BOTH riders could have controlled there tempers better!

Maybe so but we need to remember that the adrenalin is running and these guys are pumped up, its a heat of the moment thing and it all adds to the entertainment, the thing that really annoyed me more than anything was the reaction of Emils pit crew that to me was really bang out of order. As a cradley fan i have no allegance to either rider but i really feel for Scott you can see hes trying so hard to get out of this rut and hes really struggling - i think the left hook was born out of frustration!!!

Just for a bit of balance, both riders let themselves down really, Emil is a young Hot head who is after all very inexperienced in the ways of the World. He is 19 years old, in a highly competitive adrenalin and testosterone fueled environment. This is the way that a 19 year old will react when he doesn't get it own way especially after being pumped up by four laps of speedway, I don't understand why anyone is shocked at this behavior. As our Sport becomes more the domain of the media giants controlling it. More money will come in and the stakes will naturally become higher, just look what has happened in premiere league football, fixtures all over the place, odd start times, petulant young men with too much cash behaving like young men with too much cash and we're surprised??????

Nichols on the other hand is an experienced hand and this kind of punch up is nothing new for him, remember Italy 08 and the confrontation with Dryml, almost the same at the end of the race except for the fisticuffs. How cool to see grown adults trying to punch each other whilst wearing full face crash Helmets, what do they think they are going to punch, .... That's right they didn't think that's why they did it, they were fueled up and high on Adrenalin. Nicholls is having a disastrous time right now and for sure things aren't going his way. in reality his career is at stake. This was the reaction of a desperate many and a worried soul.,

I say give the riders a break, cut them a bit of slack and those who condemn them just remember that the next time you shout at the old lady at the traffic lights or the guy who pulls out in front of you, or anytime soon when you become a little impatient in your car, and you have nothing at stake.

In real terms I can understand the riders having a go, it just happens, but the one person I cannot forgive and should be dealt with very firmly is Ashley Holloway, What on Earth was he doing, who does he think he is???, The trouble had calmed down and then out he comes running , with a push and a shove just to fire the whole situation up again. This man should not be allowed in any pit again. It had nothing to do with him, Just do your job with the spanners

sorry for the long post just my opinion

just watched it back on sky i dont think that scott is that hard on emil , yes he does run him wide but not right out to the fence and when there is a tiny bit of contact scott has already got his wheels in line and is making his exit from the corner, i would say emil clipped scotts dirt deflector rather than the other way round, what happend after that was handbags at 20 paces, a great night really enjoyed it , referee was crap .

Emil Sajfutdinov spoke Saturday after the Grand Prix round in Cardiff. Rosjanin przeprasza za swoje zachowanie i ma nadzieję, że więcej nie dojdzie do takich sytuacji jak na Millennium Stadium, gdzie pobił się ze Scottem Nichollsem. Russian supply for their behavior and hopes that more has not come to a situation such as the Millennium Stadium, where he defeated with Scott Nicholls.

- Na początku chciałbym przeprosić moich sponsorów, kibiców i wszystkie osoby, które uraziłem swoim zachowaniem po piątym biegu. - At the beginning I would like to apologize my sponsors, supporters and all those who offended his behavior after the fifth race. Na swoje usprawiedliwienie mogę powiedzieć, iż w moim odczuciu to ja zostałem zaatakowany przez kolegę z Anglii. On herself I can say that I think I was attacked by a colleague from England. Mam nadzieję, że już więcej do takich sytuacji z moim udziałem nie dojdzie. I hope that even more to the situation with my participation will not. Wracając do zawodów, to mogę powiedzieć, że nie były one najlepsze w moim wykonaniu. Turning to the profession, it can be said that they were not the best in my application. Jak zwykle miałem wszystko bardzo dobrze przygotowane przez mój team, tylko popełniliśmy błąd w doborze motocykli. As usual, everything was very well prepared by my team, but popełniliśmy error in the selection of motorcycles. Mimo wszystko ciesze się, że nadal jestem drugi w klasyfikacji generalnej. After all I am very happy that I am still second in the general classification. Ta miesięczna przerwa od GP bardzo nam się przyda. This month break from the GP is very useful to us. Mam nadzieję, że w kolejnych rundach będę równie skuteczny jak dotychczas. I hope that in subsequent rounds as effective as I would. Teraz koncentruję się już na zawodach ligowych w Zielonej Gorze i byłoby fajnie gdybyśmy sprawili milą niespodziankę naszym fanom i uratowali bonus z dwumeczu - powiedział Sajfutdinov na swojej stronie internetowej. Now we focus on the already league competitions in Zielona Gora and it would be cool if we sprawili miles surprise our fans with the bonus and saved dwumeczu - Sajfutdinov said on its website.

---

Shame Scott lost his footing or I'm sure he would have taken his full 500 dollars worth out of sajfutdinovs chin

Hope its only Freddie's pride that is hurt after his failed wheelie attempt on the back straight after he had come second in the Final!! How embarassing, couldn't do it at Wolves or Ipswich or Poole could he, had to be in front of 40,000 people!!!!

A decent meeting by Cardiff standards, with the track holding up very well. I'm not convinced there were that many racing lines however, with the outside gates and wide line tending to dominate. Crump was untroubled throughout with the exception of the Jonsson incident, and was a worthy winner. Barring injury the World Title is already in the bag, which doesn't exactly whet my appetite for the rest of the series. :rolleyes:

Congrats to Fast Freddie - best of the rest is no mean feat with Crump in this mood and he had a cracking meeting. Ladbrokes must have taken a right hammering as there were about 10 of us in the queue when I placed my bet and to a man we were all on the Swede. Why on earth was he 33-1 given his current form across Europe? :unsure:

Nicholls / Sajfutdinov - nothing wrong with the race, just hard and competitive, so the handbags at the end were as unexpected as they were uncalled for.

Mr Clean - very sad to see his GP career sliding away as it has over the past 4 meetings. Maybe he'll give the Robins fans another win before the series is out but it looks a long shot at the moment. At least he kept battling and still talks a good game!

Semi Final Exclusions - Bomber spot on, Nicki hard done by, or, as one esteemed judge text me, "excluded on reputation only". Fair play to Chris for getting there in the first place; his last qualifying ride brought the house down. At least the refereeing was better than last year's shambolic display!

Crowd - definitely down a good deal on last year.

As ever good to see some familiar faces, both before and after the meeting. :)

Nicholls / Sajfutdinov - nothing wrong with the race, just hard and competitive, so the handbags at the end were as unexpected as they were uncalled for.

It's rumoured here that Ashley Holloway might lend a hand for team GB in the SWC. Nice to see him already starting to build up for the SWC by giving Nicholls a push as their paths collided after the handbags were dropped. :lol:

The Scott/Emil fight was one thing and did spice things up a bit. But the Ashley Holloway incident was bang out of order. He should be banned from speedway for life. I can't believe more people aren't calling for him to be punished

EDIT

Had a fan done that, they would be banned from every stadium in the country and maybe criminal charges thrown in for good measure

Edited by coxy123