British Speedway Forum

With respect SCB, if neither you or SB saw what had happened or who was involved, how do you know who is or isn't "innocent"? :unsure:
Because I know that 3 of the names mentioned on this thread are innocent of any wrong doing. I've not said Ben is innocent, I've said that I did not see him doing anything wrong.

Because I know that 3 of the names mentioned on this thread are innocent of any wrong doing. I've not said Ben is innocent, I've said that I did not see him doing anything wrong.

Fair comment; FWIW I didn't see him do anything wrong either. ;)

Edited by Seb the Snail

Fair comment; FWIW I didn't see him do anything wrong either. B)
I didn't know it kicked off by you too :P

The fighting happened in the 3 or 4 rows directly behind me, I did not see Ben Barker while it was kicking off.

Tiger2297 version of events makes a lot more sense than anything else I have read.

Edited by SCB

couldnt agree more morons from edinburgh as usual

Firstly would you like to explain what this means?

Secondly i was sat lower tier bends 1-2. There was myself with my Danish flag as im a Hans fan and a girl about 19-20 with her dad a few seats along with her Danish flag and Hans cap. So we had a cheer together etc waved the flags for Hans great day. It wasnt until the Bomber exclusion that me and this girl were waving our flags and some IDIOT from about 6 seats away in the row behind told me he didnt was to see that rubbishe when his rider was out. So i politely reminded him that i had paid for my seat and will wave any flag i want. I also gave Bomber a boo just to help with our bonding seesion.

What a pillock he was :D

And yet again im sunburnt lol Bring on 2010

No-one NEEDS to have a drink to enjoy it. But , myself and many posters on here work our nuts off all week , and enjoy a beer or two in our spare time, and combining the two made for a very enjoyable day out. a coachload of us came up from Exeter , had more than a few , had great fun , met up with a few old mates not seen for ages , and had no problems. Dont mix up the idiots that cant hold their pop , with the ones that enjoy a few pops and can. No matter where you go , you will always find a few idiots that shouldnt touch a drop

If you like a drink that's fine and no one on here seems to be saying that people can't drink. The problem at Cardiff is that a minority of people don't seem to be able to hold the amount they drink and get out of control. Then there are others who have a problem and think drunken oblivion is a way of life. We all like a drink and we drink to have fun, but its the sad drunks who become aggressive and impose themselves on others and ruin everyone else's fun, those are the ones the GP authorities need to control.

Next year it should be no drinking in the seating area, introduce family areas where anyone under the influence of alcohol (and I don't mean just because someone has had a drink before coming to the stadium) should not be admitted to these areas and those obviously excessively drunk should not be admitted to the stadium. They need to take action now before we have crowd problems at Cardiff; end up with a major crowd problem and then see how quickly the press get interested in Speedway!

Why not start the GP at 10am? no one can sell alcohol at that time so everyone will be sober.

What a pointless thread. People are going to knock things over whether it be beer or juice its an accident. Maybe we can tie people to their seats next year. No toilets trips, no flag waving, no airhorns, no bar trips.

One small incident allegedly started by a young teenager and it sounds like the British GP terracing turned into a full scale riot. - GET A GRIP ! As for beeer being spilt - Ive seen more beer spilt at my local pub than was spilt last night.

As for the Poles - no problem, compared to the drunken English idiots I have seen on nearly every foreign holiday, I know whose company I prefer.

I'm sorry, but you expect to get drunks in a pub (the number normally depends on the type of pub) or on a drink yourself rubbishless holiday, but you don't expect to have to put up with it at a major sporting event which has cost a small fortune to get into. Perhaps instead of putting the families in a special area next year they could put sawdust down on part of the terracing and corral all the drunks their own area.

Made me laugh though, they were a constant nuisance to us and others all through the meeting, stumbling around and spilling beer everywhere, then one of them decides to light a cigarette, and then an army of security guards came up, shouting and being very aggressive towards them, threatening to kick them out of the stadium.

Probably because they didn't buy the cigarettes in the stadium.........

Maybe they should follow cricket's example and have family sections where alcohol is forbidden. That way people with kids can go and enjoy themselves without worrying about idiots fuelled with drink.

I agree and not just people with kids though, anyone who does not want to have drunks near them

A couple of things about drunks at cardiff.On our way to stadium a large drunken lout wearing a speedway tee shirt came stumbling out of a pub and belched straight in my wifes face .When i asked the thug for an apology he replied f@@@ off or i'll fll you in you old @@@@. the other one was going to the toilet at the end of the meeting i was roughly pushed out of the way by a group of drunken polish supporters racing to get there first.On a better note i would like to :neutral:thank the staff of the green park & ride and all the true supporters for helping my wife (who is semi disabled and needs a walking stick)and i by helping us to get seats on the lower deck of the buses.She can only climb stairs with difficulty so their help was really appreciated.Everbody (including me) moans at the bad manners & drunkeness so i would say lets hear it for the vast majority of real fans who were brilliant and made it a night to remember.THANK YOU, and all being well, will be back next year.

Firstly would you like to explain what this means?

Secondly i was sat lower tier bends 1-2. There was myself with my Danish flag as im a Hans fan and a girl about 19-20 with her dad a few seats along with her Danish flag and Hans cap. So we had a cheer together etc waved the flags for Hans great day. It wasnt until the Bomber exclusion that me and this girl were waving our flags and some IDIOT from about 6 seats away in the row behind told me he didnt was to see that rubbishe when his rider was out. So i politely reminded him that i had paid for my seat and will wave any flag i want. I also gave Bomber a boo just to help with our bonding seesion.

What a pillock he was :D

And yet again im sunburnt lol Bring on 2010

you paid for your seat and your view ,does'nt give you the right to block someone elses view .your the idiot you should be ashamed of yourself waving a Danish flag and booing British riders at the british GP . what a pillock you are

Woth a crowd of over 40,000 there are bound to be one or two incidents but people do seem to be going OTT.

Spillage is always going to happen whether it be alcoholic or soft drinks given the limited room per seat.

At any sporting event you are going to get some who have had a few sherberts. That's just the way it is. You either put up with it or stay at home, same as any Saturday night in any town centre across the land.

Some people do need to be more tolerant i'm afraid.

Blimey.....didn't realise all this was going on whilst I was singing and happily waving my flag in my seat..... :lol:

Funnily enough, once again we found the Poles to be very nice. We had a fair few drunk ones all around us, but they were hysterical, dancing and waving their flags. and I would agree with others that the Brits are far worse when they are drunk. Am shocked to hear of all the fights that went on. :cry:

As I said the other day on the other Cardiff thread, I know I'm getting on a bit but I really don't understand why people pay good money to go to an event and then get so bladdered they don't even know their own name let alone whose won etc. I went to see Oasis in Manchester earleri this month and some of the crowd were so drunk they could barely stand. One bloke in front of us lay in the floor for 3 songs until the St Johns came and carted him away. I'll bet he told everyone at work the concert was brilliant when in reality he saw bugger all. The same applies to the GP's....if you want to get drunk, save yourself some money, stay in the pub! Surely you're there to watch the speedway? :blink:

Did seem to be more drunks this year than previous...more Poles?? :shock: glad we didn't get the last train back to Swindon, unfortunate for the guy with the frightened kid...drove instead 3 hours there half that time back!! bloody motorway hold-ups. :mad:

There will always be a minority of drunken idiots spoiling people's fun but the many Poles round us were good-natured, chanting Leigh Adams name as I was wearing my Swindon shirt.