British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tony The Tiger

No Pearson Or Millard!

I was just popping onto this thread to say I thought Kelvin did really well thrusted into the hotseat today. Well done Sir.

And congrats to Mr & Mrs Pearson.

Rico :rolleyes:

congrats on the arrival of the little un,i wonder what they will call it on the day poland won the WTC, :rolleyes: MAYBE Thomazspeedway7nightsaweekTai Pearson!!

congrats on the arrival of the little un,i wonder what they will call it on the day poland won the WTC, :rolleyes: MAYBE Thomazspeedway7nightsaweekTai Pearson!!

Liam.

Congratulations to Pearson and wife.

First of all, Congratulations to Nigel and his wife on their new arrival.

Secondly...what a pleasure it was to hear Kelvin And Chris do the commentary this

morning. Very professional job by both and maybe we have the new Dream Team

in place now.

Whilst I do like Nigel Pearson, it was refreshing to hear two former riders doing

the commentary. They were good and kept if reasonably straight forward, which

made the meeting very enjoyable.

Charlie isnt a morning person is she.. :lol: Sorry, she does a great job to be fair, but

it was a MORNING meeting Charlie, not an evening one...bless her.

Thought the whole show worked well, Kelv and Loobie in the box doing the main

commentating and Charlie and Scott worked well in the 'Studio'... if you could call

it that.

I wont hold my breath and hope Sky keep Kelv and Loobie in the commentary box,

although I do hope they get more chances to have a go.

Last but not least, Congratulations to the Poles on the win.

You really couldnt have scripted a better finish. Gollob, who had done nothing all

morning, comes out on a borrowed bike, needing to defeat the Aussies, in the shape of

Leigh Adams and he goes and does the job.... and some.

Well done to all of the teams, who contributed to a great Final.

Edited by tomcat

I wonder who screamed louder in the delivery room?! :blink::wink:

Guest Ashie Smashy

:lol: that made me laugh.

Looks like we all missed out there... a few quid on Scoop winning that one.

Could have paid for the house move here... :lol:

Congratulations on their son Woofy Winditon Pearson

:lol: I liked this!

Congrats to Nigel and his wife on their new arrival.

somebody told me if it was a girl they were going to call her Mole-issa.

I wonder if Nige shouted 'What a riiiiiiiiiiiide' after his shot on target :unsure:

I wonder if Nige shouted 'What a riiiiiiiiiiiide' after his shot on target :unsure:

Ah...But he could have been tailed off at the back... :lol:

Or if Kelv had been about, he could have "Come out of the throttle".. :lol:

While adding my congratulations to Nigel Pearson & his family, I wonder if this morning's coverage has accidentally seen the end of Tony Millard doing any more speedway commentaries on Sky, certainly beyond any work he might have been guaranteed already this season.

It's not easy to switch from being the expert co-commentator to become the lead commentator ... in that respect, Kelvin Tatum switched roles outstandingly today and the way he called Heat 25 along with the Polish celebrations straight afterwards will sound really solid in any end-of-season highlights.

Millard's never (to my knowledge) hosted any speedway coverage in front of the camera ... Tatum's already proved he's comfortable in front of the camera and now it's clear his commentating is also good enough to justify him doing the whole of Pearson's usual role on a Monday night if another emergency crops up.

Chris Louis's never going to be the most controversial pundit and I used to find him boring as the expert on Elite League meetings ... but he's struck an excellent balance as an ex-rider doing interviews who can also explain what's going on to a more general audience and he stepped up even further today by coping superbly with the double role of co-commentator & trackside reporter after the deluge.

Millard's only been doing some of the Saturday GP-commentaries if Pearson's been busy with his Talksport football or Sky darts ... but from now on, I'd much prefer Tatum as lead commentator if Pearson's unavailable.

I'll comment more on Charlie Webster on the thread specifically referring to her ... suffice to say here that it's very harsh to judge her and Scott Nicholls (only an occasional pundit in the past) badly when they were trying to fill so much spare time given their collective inexperience ... I hope she adopts the attitude of "if I can survive that, I can survive anything" and use today's coverage to give her more confidence for the rest of the season instead of dwelling badly on any of the tougher moments.

While adding my congratulations to Nigel Pearson & his family, I wonder if this morning's coverage has accidentally seen the end of Tony Millard doing any more speedway commentaries on Sky, certainly beyond any work he might have been guaranteed already this season.

It's not easy to switch from being the expert co-commentator to become the lead commentator ... in that respect, Kelvin Tatum switched roles outstandingly today and the way he called Heat 25 along with the Polish celebrations straight afterwards will sound really solid in any end-of-season highlights.

Millard's never (to my knowledge) hosted any speedway coverage in front of the camera ... Tatum's already proved he's comfortable in front of the camera and now it's clear his commentating is also good enough to justify him doing the whole of Pearson's usual role on a Monday night if another emergency crops up.

Chris Louis's never going to be the most controversial pundit and I used to find him boring as the expert on Elite League meetings ... but he's struck an excellent balance as an ex-rider doing interviews who can also explain what's going on to a more general audience and he stepped up even further today by coping superbly with the double role of co-commentator & trackside reporter after the deluge.

Millard's only been doing some of the Saturday GP-commentaries if Pearson's been busy with his Talksport football or Sky darts ... but from now on, I'd much prefer Tatum as lead commentator if Pearson's unavailable.

I'll comment more on Charlie Webster on the thread specifically referring to her ... suffice to say here that it's very harsh to judge her and Scott Nicholls (only an occasional pundit in the past) badly when they were trying to fill so much spare time given their collective inexperience ... I hope she adopts the attitude of "if I can survive that, I can survive anything" and use today's coverage to give her more confidence for the rest of the season instead of dwelling badly on any of the tougher moments.

Top Post. Says it all in my view.

Thought they all did extremely well today and as I have said already, I enjoyed the entire coverage.

Congratulations to the Pearsons, hope all is well with Mum and baby.

Imagine if she had quadruplets, Nige could have commentated and used the famous line "and dissapointment at the back for......" :wink:

Team all did well today, but theres always room for Nigel, hope to hear him back soon.

P.S. Kelvin definately sounded like he'd been on the lash Saturday night!