British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lake Bodom Comet

Workington Meeting 05.09.2009

If he can repeat that on a regular basis he will be a steal on his average next year. Is it not true he had to obtain a certain average this year to retain his visa?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case, but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

No, we want him back please! :wink: Should never have let him go if you ask me...

Unfortunately Chris wasn't/isn't a contracted Redcar rider, so it wasn't the consortiums decision to let him go. I'm sure they wanted to keep Chris but with him being a Wolverhampton rider and also with Ty Proctor doubling up with Wolverhampton along with Chris, they had to make sure that at least 1 of them was available at the time of the Wolves fixtures. Had they both rode for Redcar then neither would have been available for Wolves fixtures on the same days the bears where/are riding. This is the reason why Chris Kerr wasn't back at Redcar this season.

If he can repeat that on a regular basis he will be a steal on his average next year. Is it not true he had to obtain a certain average this year to retain his visa?

We should sneak him back in the country and pay him minimum wage.......

Chris got a new 2 year Visa at the beginning of this season so he will be back in the PL in 2010 !

well i really enjoyed the meeting tonight was good to see some good racing but for me it was heat 19 when john branney won it not even a traine ref put the red light with riders coming out of second bend and called all 4back john scored 7 points well done john ....

Huge congratulations to Chris. The posse here in Cali are very happy for your well deserved win. Can't wait for the DVD of this one! :D:D

Chris got a new 2 year Visa at the beginning of this season so he will be back in the PL in 2010 !
Waste of paper.

did not see anyone filming this meeting .wish i would have like done as my daughter presented the trpohies ,:(

Sent Chris a well done text message and he has just replied saying... " It was great, everything went smooth and I'm over the moon"

Well done Chris. Brilliant. You deserved this win. You are now starting to get your rewards!!

Jason Pipe

chris kerr.......... sooooooooo much better than that other american. deserved this win,

smooth and damn quick ..well done mate.. one of the best meetings so far this year at worky. good to see some old faces . super joe had some bad luck tonight, looks like he could do a great job on in pl, he would be some attraction in this league . john branney= 110% tryer.deserved more. edge of the seat stuff. brilliant....

chris kerr.......... sooooooooo much better than that other american. deserved this win,

smooth and damn quick ..well done mate.. one of the best meetings so far this year at worky. good to see some old faces . super joe had some bad luck tonight, looks like he could do a great job on in pl, he would be some attraction in this league . john branney= 110% tryer.deserved more. edge of the seat stuff. brilliant....

Well said Jenga couldn't agree more, I don't usually like these open meetings but every rider gave it their all and really provided some great entertainment. Congratuations Chris great performance :lol:

Rusty Harrison 5 Ty Proctor 7

Chris Kerr 13 Joe Screen 7

Simon Stead 12 James Wright 8

John Branney 7 Simon Lamber 1

Kevin Doolan 12 Jason Lyons 5

David Howe 6 Ricky Ashworth 8

Joe Haines 8 Andre Compton 9

Tomasz Piszcz 8 Derek Sneddon 4

Stead got 2nd on count back

Great confidence booster for Chris ..... lets hope he keeps that bike for the play-offs.

If you were to pick the top 10 from this line up before it started, I dont think anyone would have picked Chris, let alone to even get on the rostrum, so this is some achievement.

Well Done Chris.

did not see anyone filming this meeting .wish i would have like done as my daughter presented the trpohies ,:(

I saw a light coming from the 1st bend that looked like it may have been a camera.