British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomcat

The 2009 Elite League Riders' Championship

I guess it's not surprising Tai is not there though given the U21 final the following day in Gorican.

I had that pointed out to me tonight. That being the case, it makes perfect sense :)

I would be hoping that Leigh and Matej pick up a nasty bug for the 24 hours around this meeting what with it being just a few days before the start of the play-off final (assuming Swindon get there).

I know there is the argument about not wrapping riders in cotton wool but in this instance the argument about not taking unnecessary risks outweighs it.

I would be hoping that Leigh and Matej pick up a nasty bug for the 24 hours around this meeting what with it being just a few days before the start of the play-off final (assuming Swindon get there).

I know there is the argument about not wrapping riders in cotton wool but in this instance the argument about not taking unnecessary risks outweighs it.

Cant argue with that adder

One question I like to ask is how does Jason Crump qualify he can only have done a handful of meetings this year

I fully understand your point of view Adder. However it is the Elite League Riders Championship and all the riders named should be at the meeting.

Or given the examples of the previous few years meetings just re name it The Whoever Can Be Bothered to Ride Championship.

One question I like to ask is how does Jason Crump qualify he can only have done a handful of meetings this year

Doubt it'll be an issue. Expect to see James Wright riding for BV. Thats base don nothing but my cynisism.

I fully understand your point of view Adder. However it is the Elite League Riders Championship and all the riders named should be at the meeting.

Or given the examples of the previous few years meetings just re name it The Whoever Can Be Bothered to Ride Championship.

ThE ELRC has become a tin pot trophy these days that nobody particularly gives a monkeys about.

In my view the play-offs should finish earlier and the ELRC run after them rather than having riders engaged in the Play Off Final risking themselves unnecessarily.

I'd be suprised if Crumpy risked this meeting to be honest, too much at stake elsewhere for him, especially with the injury.

:mad:

QUALIFYING RIDERS:

1. Jonas Davidsson (Lakeside),
  2. Davey Watt (Eastbourne),
  3. Scott Nicholls (Ipswich),
  4. Niels-Kristian Iversen (Peterborough),

5. Chris Holder (Poole),
  6. Kenneth Bjerre (Peterborough),
  7. Lee Richardson (Lakeside),
  8. Matej Zagar (Swindon),

9. Edward Kennett (Coventry),
  10. Freddie Lindgren (Wolverhampton),
  11. Krsyzstof Kasprzak (Belle Vue),
  12. Robert Miskowiak (Ipswich),

13. Hans Andersen (Poole),
  14. Jason Crump (Belle Vue),
  15. Chris Harris (Coventry),
  16. Leigh Adams (Swindon).

Reserves: Lukas Dryml (Eastbourne), Adam Skornicki (Wolverhampton).

1 ~ Why should Jason Crump be allowed to enter this meeting, he has only just turned up to the league and gets a chance of being named the top rider ! ..... weird how heat 20 is with Holder and the 2 Belle Vue riders !

2 ~ Why is Adam Skornicki named as reserve ? ..... Peter Karlsson should be named in the line up having a near 9 average and IF he was unavailable then Adam should take his place (as Tai is in the WU21) ..... Should for example Holder not ride .... will Bjarne or Screen be asked to cover ? ..... or will they give Dryml a place .... even though his average is way below Skornicki's !!! ..... Swindon and Wolves are the top 2 teams this year ... but Wolves have 1 rider in the line up :unsure:

Karlsson has clearly said no else he'd be in the top 16 by right. Still, knowing everything about Wolves and riders pulling out of meetings, surely you already know.

Karlsson has clearly said no else he'd be in the top 16 by right. Still, knowing everything about Wolves and riders pulling out of meetings, surely you already know.

I would be suprised if PK had turned down the chance to ride in this and even if he had ... his place should be taken by the next highest Wolf available .... Adam Skornicki !

I would be suprised if PK had turned down the chance to ride in this and even if he had ... his place should be taken by the next highest Wolf available .... Adam Skornicki !

No - it shouldn't, it goes to the next in line from the next club. :rolleyes:

Karlsson has obviously said no. There's no way he wouldn't be included otherwise, they don't just randomly make up the line up, there's always a statistical basis.

Well Crump looks like he wont be in after all, so who would take his place ?