British Speedway Forum
Guest Ashie Smashy

Gollob - 2010 Race Suspension?

Guest Ashie Smashy

Following Gollob leaving his bike on the track, he is guilty of a deliberate unsporting act and this may be a semi final for the last GP of the season, so he may think that he can get away with it. The authorities need to penalise his act and give him a one race ban, starting with the first GP of next season.

Following Gollob leaving his bike on the track, he is guilty of a deliberate unsporting act and this may be a semi final for the last GP of the season, so he may think that he can get away with it. The authorities need to penalise his act and give him a one race ban, starting with the first GP of next season.

A one race ban rather than one meeting? Not a bad idea at all, though there are suggestions that Bydgoszcz are having the first GP so Tomasz would probably still have a good chance of the semis if he had to do 4 rides. He did sound a little contrite after the meeting to be fair to him.

I would give him alot more than 1 meeting ban. There is absolutely no need for that sort of behaviour. One of the three remaining riders could have been seriously injured due to that.

I don´t think i have ever seen suce an unsporting act from a world number two before - I was chocked he left the bike on the track,without thinking about anything else than himself - I have seen riders hit the dirt and being able to get up and get the bike on the centergreen before the remaining riders return to the scene again.

Gollob should be banned from the first meeting of 2010, no doubt about it - I hope somebody reacts, so we can see that Gollob cant do anyting in Bydgoszcz and get away with it..

I don´t think i have ever seen suce an unsporting act from a world number two before - I was chocked he left the bike on the track,without thinking about anything else than himself - I have seen riders hit the dirt and being able to get up and get the bike on the centergreen before the remaining riders return to the scene again.

Gollob should be banned from the first meeting of 2010, no doubt about it - I hope somebody reacts, so we can see that Gollob cant do anyting in Bydgoszcz and get away with it..

Pedersen can get away with worse twice

Pedersen can get away with worse twice

Please tell me you aint referring to the coming togethers in the heat in question. Nicki was racing what Gollob done was a pure disgrace.

Granted Gollob should not have left the bike at the edge of the track.

However you make me choke when you mention the word unsporting considering what a certain Danish rider did in the race and got away with it not once but twice!

Why are people bringing Nicki into this? Nicki was racing and can only go with the decision a referee gives. Gollob however decided to stop the bike get off it and walk away leaving on the track. How do the two compare in anyway whatsoever?

Haha love this forum sometimes!

Gollob spat the dummy, realised and apologised on the podium.

Nikki rode a good race and won because hes a world champion, done it in the past, will be back in the future.

Why are people bringing Nicki into this? Nicki was racing and can only go with the decision a referee gives. Gollob however decided to stop the bike get off it and walk away leaving on the track. How do the two compare in anyway whatsoever?

Weak referee tonight exploited to the full by an ex champion

Pedersen is a racer. If there's a chance he can overtake he will. He's ruthless and unmerciful on the bike, and often let's his temper get the best of him if he's excluded, telling anyone and everyone who will listen that it's never his fault, when it often is. I respect his talent, but not his attitude.

Gollob on the other hand spat his dummy, threw his toys out of the pram and deliberately caused a dangerous situation. He, like Pedersen has talent, but again, his attitude, especially when things don't go his way, stinks.

What Pedersen did is considered "hard and tough racing", but what Gollob did was worse than all of Pedersen's tantrums on camera. He left his bike in a deliberately dangerous position. If he felt he could not continue, he should have done what every other rider does and leave the track (With his bike)

of course, because it's Gollob, because he's 2nd and because the reaction of Polish fans & teams would be hard for the FIM to bear, he'll get away with a slap on the wrist and a small fine.

Weak referee? Tony Steele is regarded as the best in the World by many riders, fans and officials so dont be so silly. What Gollob did cannot be excused for what happened during racing. He should be banned and fined.

Weak ref ? a weak ref would have made the easy choice and excluded nicki in front of Gollob home fans ..pardon the pun but balls of steele :wink: