British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wolfy

Elite League Riders Championship

Exactly. Get the right line up and it will be like a 2nd GP in Britain :)

My thought exactly, Jason. So why not apply for official recognition of the meeting as a Grand Prix [in addition to the Cardiff tourney] with all that it means.

The Cardiff event could be renamed the Welsh Grand Prix and the new event the English Grand Prix.

There are probably valid reasons why this cannot be. I look forward with eager anticipation to learning what you feel they are.

Regards,

Ron.

Wasn't it held at Birmingham this season? Could well be another PL track that gets it.

Last season. It was at Cov this season.

I say give it to Leicester. Nobody knows the track. Central location. New club would welcome the income boost.

Where did you get that idea from.THOSE riders who don't ride in the EL, and will never do so, why should they be given an open invatation to our event?. Besides, those riders who stuck there grotty noses up at the EL shouldn't even be considered!!

Cookie, No 2. As Jason says, Birmingham held it last year, why shouldn't a PL club get it again??

Besides, if, the idea was to let in the 7 top averaged PL riders, it would make it interesting.

But not at Sheffield, please. I couldn't bare to see Ricky Ashworth win it. :lol:

Lets go some where else, like Somerset,a nice neutral track built for very good racing for a change!! :wink: Why Somerset?, because its the best track in the PL for racing, and one of the best tracks for racing in the country, bar Poole!! :wink:

Rocketben is quite correct - Idea came out of the recent AGM - The event is now re-branded "The Elite Riders Championship" , and is open to the nine Elite League number 1 riders, plus 7 wildcards, open to GP riders not racing in Britain, or in fact "any rider racing under the auspices of the FIM"

Where did you get that idea from.THOSE riders who don't ride in the EL, and will never do so, why should they be given an open invatation to our event?. Besides, those riders who stuck there grotty noses up at the EL shouldn't even be considered!!

Egg on face moment for you Starman LOL, obviously you didnt read the Star when it mentioned the AGM results and changes then. :rolleyes::lol:

Egg on face moment for you Starman LOL, obviously you didnt read the Star when it mentioned the AGM results and changes then. :rolleyes::lol:

Instead of going Nah nah nah, nah nah. Explain what it said, i don't read the star from cover to cover.

As i said, why the hell should those riders who stuck their noses up to the EL rider in the EL riders championship?. If you are going to do anything, i feel my ideas better, at least they ride in this country on a regular basis!! :wink:

Instead of going Nah nah nah, nah nah. Explain what it said, i don't read the star from cover to cover.

As i said, why the hell should those riders who stuck their noses up to the EL rider in the EL riders championship?. If you are going to do anything, i feel my ideas better, at least they ride in this country on a regular basis!! :wink:

Can't you read matey it isn't the ELRC it's the ERC, that's Elite Riders Championship not Elite League Riders Championship, as has been made very clear. :rolleyes:

All those Elite Riders in the PL , wonderful :blink:

My thought exactly, Jason. So why not apply for official recognition of the meeting as a Grand Prix [in addition to the Cardiff tourney] with all that it means.

The Cardiff event could be renamed the Welsh Grand Prix and the new event the English Grand Prix.

There are probably valid reasons why this cannot be. I look forward with eager anticipation to learning what you feel they are.

Regards,

Ron.

That would be brilliant in an ideal world. First thoughts why it wouldn't happen is probably cost and time. It can't be cheap to set up such a meeting while the GP calendar is quite demanding as it is along with other rider commitments.

My post explained it as it is and you told me that was wrong... :lol: