British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mp2

Grands Prix On Eurosport?

Wondering if anyone can help - saw an ad on Eurosport Asia-Pacific tonight that showed Speedway - does anyone know if the Grands Prix are showed live or very closely delayed?

In Oz, we have the highlights programs, but a long time after it has gone to air. I can't seem to find a list of broadcasters or an EPG through to April to see if Eurosport Asia-Pacific will show them or not.

Any help appreciated!

Wondering if anyone can help - saw an ad on Eurosport Asia-Pacific tonight that showed Speedway - does anyone know if the Grands Prix are showed live or very closely delayed?

In Oz, we have the highlights programs, but a long time after it has gone to air. I can't seem to find a list of broadcasters or an EPG through to April to see if Eurosport Asia-Pacific will show them or not.

Any help appreciated!

Quickest way to find out is likely to contact Eurosport Asia-Pacific by email/phone/forum and ask them. Unless a member of their programming staff is a forum member on here and can tell you ;)

Is a great shame that the highlights are shown with such a delay.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Quickest way to find out is likely to contact Eurosport Asia-Pacific by email/phone/forum and ask them. Unless a member of their programming staff is a forum member on here and can tell you ;)

Is a great shame that the highlights are shown with such a delay.

Yeah I could do that too, just thought I'd throw it out there and see!!

Yeah I could do that too, just thought I'd throw it out there and see!!

I did have a right old Google myself, unfortunately to no avail, before suggesting the email route.

Still none the wiser - I found the contact form on the Eurosport site and shot a note off with the grand result of....no response! Hopefully there is a backlog and they get back this week sometime.

The EPG should be available for April some time soon.

I thought there may have been a subscriber from somewhere in Asia that may be into their speedway.

Greetings

Also in Australia, had previously emailed Fox, Setanta etc asking if Elite League maybe shown considering the amount of ozzies riding in it, Grand Prix Live etc...

Well reading through the Foxtel monthly magazine, under the monthly sport section....

Imagine my suprise:

Motorsport - 25th FIM Speedway Grand Prix, Leszno, Poland, 3am LIVE Fox Sports 2 + HD

Woooo Hoooo, I sometimes watch an internet stream, as Im normally up watching Portsmouth Football on EPL, so this shouldnt be a problem staying up... Just hoping its true!

Cheers

Mike

Greetings

Also in Australia, had previously emailed Fox, Setanta etc asking if Elite League maybe shown considering the amount of ozzies riding in it, Grand Prix Live etc...

Well reading through the Foxtel monthly magazine, under the monthly sport section....

Imagine my suprise:

Motorsport - 25th FIM Speedway Grand Prix, Leszno, Poland, 3am LIVE Fox Sports 2 + HD

Woooo Hoooo, I sometimes watch an internet stream, as Im normally up watching Portsmouth Football on EPL, so this shouldnt be a problem staying up... Just hoping its true!

Cheers

Mike

Wow! fantastic news for you all, nice to hear.

Greetings

Imagine my suprise:

Cheers

Mike

2 Cup Finals in 3 seasons, you must be in dreamland. :lol: Shame about the drop tho. Could have your old mates along the coast back next season. Gps on myp2p.eu.

another point for the mighty pompey... and now, the anticipation of the young guns at gp level....

its late, and will go on till 6am.... but its the first live hd gp shown over here, so it better not be raining.

hanging for it.

it should be awesome.

its funny, now we have coverage of the elite aswell, we are so glad to just see speedway, i read some of the threads on here and well....

must say, very concerned about the crowds, does everyone stay at home to watch on tv, or is that the norm attendance now?

my pick, the flying banana, jarek hampel.

another point for the mighty pompey... and now, the anticipation of the young guns at gp level....

its late, and will go on till 6am.... but its the first live hd gp shown over here, so it better not be raining.

hanging for it.

it should be awesome.

its funny, now we have coverage of the elite aswell, we are so glad to just see speedway, i read some of the threads on here and well....

must say, very concerned about the crowds, does everyone stay at home to watch on tv, or is that the norm attendance now?

my pick, the flying banana, jarek hampel.

A bit of both, but bees crowd reflects how good the current team is, simply put, dire. :angry:

Edited by From PC to KC.

Couldn't agree more Pompey, its great to see the skids back on TV in Oz and the 'magnificent' Sky coverage!

I too am interested in looking at the crowds at the track - there seem to be some striking issues with the Elite League crowds: Aside from the size of them, with no disrespect, the vast majority of attendees would appear to be on the other side of 40. As they'd say in Sydney, they're losing supporters to Rookwood (cemetry) rather than other pursuits.

Couldn't agree more Pompey, its great to see the skids back on TV in Oz and the 'magnificent' Sky coverage!

I too am interested in looking at the crowds at the track - there seem to be some striking issues with the Elite League crowds: Aside from the size of them, with no disrespect, the vast majority of attendees would appear to be on the other side of 40. As they'd say in Sydney, they're losing supporters to Rookwood (cemetry) rather than other pursuits.

You've done it now. The people on this forum will be calling you ageist!

FWIW, I agree, speedway has a problem attracting young people.

Not being ageist mate, just being a realist!

They are the things I look at and it seems like the BSPA and the clubs haven't been out there promoting the sport to new audiences.

There is lots to promote to the broader population about our sport and the evidence of Monster and Red Bull, along with Prodrive and others in the SGP Series is evidence that they can see future potential in the sport.

It needs a concerted push to get the youngsters that are coming through profile outside the Speedway Star and Sky Sports, whether they be English, Aussie or from Timbuktu.