British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dickiemint

Plymouth Changes

You've just sent another thread off topic too, tut tut.

You really are a complete comedian Benny babes.

You sent it off topic and I followed up on your spurious comment.

Malcolm Vasey

You really are a complete comedian Benny babes.

You sent it off topic and I followed up on your spurious comment.

Malcolm Vasey

No I didn't, the rest of that post was topic related ;) you have a knack of censoring others posts to suit your own argument.

Back on topic, it seems the long tail the Devils now have has already caused problems, I'm sure losing starke will prove to be a mistake on the devils part, however now he is at rye I'm sure we will look after him :)

• Like 1

Change the record, and learn to spell too.

Paul has signed for the Rockets, if he has outings for the Cobras too then fair enough, he is certainly a very good NL rider.

Technically Benny Boy none of this is to do with the Plymouth changes but Rye House stepping in to retrieve a young rider's career from the aftermath of said changes and therefore a slight adjunct to the topic.

But I agree with your sentiments (don't faint) and believe Paul Starke's career will kick on now under the tutelage of Messrs Silver and Sampford. Good luck to him anyway, a rider of considerable burgeoning talent who could yet become a very good British rider.

Malcolm Vasey

I am holidaying with my family in Cornwall next week and would like some info,as the club web site is next to useless.Where aroundabouts is the stadium is it near Tamar bridge/tunnel,admission cost,track length and is the track slick or grippy.Many thanks.

I am holidaying with my family in Cornwall next week and would like some info,as the club web site is next to useless.Where aroundabouts is the stadium is it near Tamar bridge/tunnel,admission cost,track length and is the track slick or grippy.Many thanks.

Hi One of Clubs

Try this alternative site - the Devils forum. There is a wealth of information here:

http://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/index.cgi

Briefly;

Track is the shortest in the country at 216 Meters

Entry £9 Adults

Children up to 16 £5

Under 8s accompanied by an adult free (unsure)

Family ticket (2 adults) + 2 children £23

Parking free in the Coypool Park and Ride - then a short walk to the track

You can get really up close to the track which has recently been bladed and is now as flat as a billiard table. I think the racing is good, usually a good amount of passing, but then I'm going to be dead biased

Please come and visit, I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised

On 7/21/2010 at 1:35 PM, dickiemint said:

I see Plymouth have signed Nicki Glanz and dropped Paul Starke and Lee Smethills in order to accommodate him

Interesting to read about incidents years later. But I think it's safe to say Plymouth were wrong to drop Paul Starke for Nicki Glanz lol!