British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dickiemint

Plymouth Changes

I see Plymouth have signed Nicki Glanz and dropped Paul Starke and Lee Smethills in order to accomodate him

your kidding right?....

your kidding right?....

Its true on BSPA web site under National League press releases.

Although Glanz is a very good rider at this level.. Dropping Starke is incredible :blink:

another young brit who hadnt done anything wrong, dropped for a foreigner,

another young brit who hadnt done anything wrong, dropped for a foreigner,

And he was the rider for Plymouth who had improved his average (5 -> 7.5)... :shock:

And Bowden's kept in his 'Plymouth Pensioners' - laughable - if it wasn't so sad that a young Brit has been ditched...OK, OK Glanz has British parentage (I think)...but to ditch a young hopeful for a guy who's barely ridden after an injury 2 seasons ago is not good. Just goes to show that Bowden has favourites... thinking of the riders he's 'let go' and who came good after they left Plymouth...

Edited by scribbler

Unbelievable. :mad:

One of the most improved riders in the NL this season.

He then gets treated like dirt.

A couple of tips for you Paul,before you sign for anyone.

Try saying ''ya know'' a lot,as most Danes seem to say that.

Maybe ''G'day mate'' might make then think you are an Aussie.

Add ''ski'' to your surnmame and pretend you are Polish and dont understand English.

They will give you a bike,van and somewhere to live.

You only have yourself to blame mate.You were born in the one Country that doesnt get a look in here.

You are BRITISH.Seemingly the biggest crime in British Speedway.

In some ways,it may do you good.I hope so.Its just the way its been done that really annoys me. :mad:

Good luck wherever you ride from now on.

"Strewth cobbers!" as my Aussie mates would say, when did they move Swindon (where young Mr. Glanz was born!)abroad???

Having said that it sure is tough on Paul Starke and hopefully he'll soon be in action elsewhere

Edited by Bryn

"Strewth cobbers!" as my Aussie mates would say, when did they move Swindon (where young Mr. Glanz was born!)abroad???

He might have been born in Swindon - but I presume that he will get help coming over here from Denmark (?) where he lives and works...

Starke can come and race for Rye if he wants ;) we've got injury troubles ATM and I've always rated him highly, he wouldn't be held backfrom PL speedway at rye or elsewhere either if he came to Rye.

He might have been born in Swindon - but I presume that he will get help coming over here from Denmark (?) where he lives and works...

Thing is though he was born in this country and nothing can change that. As I said I would hope PS gets fixed up (which I'm sure he undoubtedly will!) very quickly indeed.

ican not beleive mr Bowden.how could he get ridd of Starke a very much improved rider,and a full blown britt.go on Starkie go back to Buxton they will need you to replace Morris who can only do home meetings. :wink:

Edited by bw double

ican not beleive mr Bowden.how could he get ridd of Starke a very much improved rider,and a full blown britt.go on Starkie go back to Buxton they will need you to replace Morris who can only do home meetings. :wink:

All clouds have silver linings, Starke will be a great asset wherever he goes would imagine he would be great at Weymouth :unsure:

Starke can come and race for Rye if he wants ;) we've got injury troubles ATM and I've always rated him highly, he wouldn't be held backfrom PL speedway at rye or elsewhere either if he came to Rye.

Definately agree would love to see him replace Mason.