British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dickiemint

Plymouth Changes

Thing is though he was born in this country and nothing can change that. As I said I would hope PS gets fixed up (which I'm sure he undoubtedly will!) very quickly indeed.

Tell that to Jason Crump :blink:

Totally disgraceful! Not a shock as the 'click' will never be broken up! The sooner the BSPA implement rules to restrict older and foreign riders in the NL the better! Whats even more laughable is that other than Pickard, Starke was the only one to increase his average, justify that Bowden! Disgusted!

The only trouble I see for Paul is that very few NL teams can match his Plymouth pay rate. Good choice of guest for any teams visiting Plymouth for the rest of the season.

After Bowdens little "my riders are not guesting in the PL" rant earlier in the season, Paul is better off out of it.

After Bowdens little "my riders are not guesting in the PL" rant earlier in the season...

He's been the same for the last couple of seasons - and the reason is (IIRC) because Glanz got injured whilst riding PL. Guess he'll have it in his contract that he doesn't ride PL this time around. :blink:

I thought that if Plymouth were going PL next season Paul Starke - as a Plymouth asset - would have been a useful asset. I wonder what will happen to the clique if they do go PL...surely 'the old boys' won't return to PL riding :unsure:

It would seem that Paul has been sacrificed on the altar of expedience. I believe this to be a kneejerk reaction to a season of underperformance by a Devils side, this brought about by a hasty and ill considered team selection. And so Paul Starke carries the can.

I've been vocal in the past on this forum as regards the willy nilly introduction of non British riders at the expense of British ones. And here we have another case in point. The facts that I follow the Devils and that Paul will probably get another ride very quickly are absolutely irrelevant. Believe me, were Paul to ride again at the SBA and it was for the opposition and he scores a skipload of points, I'll be there at the front of the queue to applaud his efforts.

Edited by ancient mariner

It makes my blood boil......another british youngster out to make room for a foreigner......The only time our kids are going to get a look in is if the BSPA change the rules for next year.....I say all british kids for N/L and at least 3 brits in prem and 2 in E/L.....not a lot to ask seeing as it is british league speedway. Its us brits that pay to watch and its not fair for instance when the sky meeting the other night, not one brit.....hence I didn't watch. At this rate my speedway days are looking like coming to an end sooner rather than later.

It would seem that Paul has been sacrificed on the altar of expedience. I believe this to be a kneejerk reaction to a season of underperformance by a Devils side, this brought about by a hasty and ill considered team selection. And so Paul Starke carries the can.

I've been vocal in the past on this forum as regards the willy nilly introduction of non British riders at the expense of British ones. And here we have another case in point. The facts that I follow the Devils and that Paul will probably get another ride very quickly are absolutely irrelevant. Believe me, if Paul rides again at the SBA and scores a skipload of points I'll be there at the front of the queue to applaud his efforts.

Doubt you will have to wait too long for that :rolleyes:

I must admit i am not surprised at the decision to drop Smethills, however Paul Starke is a rider who i would have liked to have seen in the Heathens team this year, I cannot for the life of me see what he has done wrong to deserve losing his team place, i am pretty sure this will come back to bite the Plymouth promotion. Good luck Paul wherever you end up.

A British teenager who has upped his average significantly is dropped to make way for a Dane and to accomodate two riders with a combined age of 80+. You really couldn't make it up and, if it is true, those responsible should be thoroughly ashamed.

Edited by tigerowl

Im stunned by this.

Glanz hasnt rode for about 2 years, he has gained a huge amount of weight (or he had last time I seen him, everyone was laughing at how big he had got) and comes in on a huge average.

A young rider whos improved no end this year is sacked to make way for him!!! Shocking.

Can understand Smethills being sacked as its clear he isnt trying a leg for them but Starke as well?! Baffling!

Can understand Smethills being sacked as its clear he isnt trying a leg for them but Starke as well?! Baffling!

To be able to fit Glanz into the team - and keep his pals in - Bowden needed to get rid of Smethills and Starke...

Didn't see it myself as was manning the office phone until 7.30pm but was told Paul was due to have a pre-meeting spin at Lakeside last night, Assuming he did, hope it went well.