British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Bspa Agm 2004 News Here!

Under the top secret leaked copy of the grading system

actually i made thise bands up on the friday afternoon, does that mean ther correct?

As with all good 'rumours' Phil they are now being quoted as fact on other websites! :lol::P

As with all good 'rumours' Phil they are now being quoted as fact on other websites! :lol::P

if thats the case then i would wish to annonce my engagement to Julie Bradbury :D

Doesn't really matter whether your gradings (or wherever the came from) are right.

Wherever the grading line is drawn there's going to be some lucky chap who is 0.01 below the next highest grade, and some poor sod who is 0.01 above the grade below.

Wherever the lines are drawn it seems that Rusty Harrison's 6.99 which converts down to 3.50 would put him in the lowest grade.

P.S. Sophie Blake says can we join up with you and Julia and make it a double wedding?

As with all good 'rumours' Phil they are now being quoted as fact on other websites!  :lol:  :P

if thats the case then i would wish to annonce my engagement to Julie Bradbury :D

I would reply but I don't have time-I'm off to post on everyopther website that Phil has got engaged to Julia Bradbury for anyone who hasn't heard ;)

ps if you wanna throw in David Walsh then for the interests of balance I would be willing tomake it a threesome-oopes I think I worded that wrong :P

If anybody wants to post rumours of my affair with Kate Moss they can do - if anybody knows her phone number my mail address is IBLOODYWISH@veryhotmail.com

Guest Kylie Minogue

If anyone wants to post rumours of my affair with Ace_of_Clubs they can do too.

lose 6 points (ok not saying this is going to happen!) best possible squad

Jonsson    5

Fisher        2

Stead        3

Robson      3

Janirro      4

Bunyan      1

Risager      1

Wouldn't Risager be a 2 pointer? (4.50 ave seems to equate to grade E = 2 points)

Still at least you got a good run at the 2003 title to build up your massively overstrong side.

Here at Belle Vue our all conquering 2003 side leaves us with a too strong heat leader trio of Crump (6 points), Lyons (4) and Screen (4) which breaks the 13 point limit on heat leaders.

Just demonstrates how stupid the whole thing izzzz 13.gif

If anyone wants to post rumours of my affair with Ace_of_Clubs they can do too.

Sooooo it was U on the grassy knoll. :shock:

Ok, the realities the, present squad

hamill 5

janirro 4

Richardson 5

Robson 3

jonsson 5

fisher 2

Bunyan 1

equals 25

lose 6 points (ok not saying this is going to happen!) best possible squad

Jonsson 5

Fisher 2

Stead 3

Robson 3

Janirro 4

Bunyan 1

Risager 1

If this were the team then lets examine what the Bees fans are going to get for their money.

(for the record I don't mean any disrespect to the riders. i'm just making comparrisons in an in your face/black and white kind of way)

Last year

An ex world champion

Two ex under 21 champions

Two of the hottest young riders out of America for quite some time. BJ in particular improved dramatically

A solid reserve/second string

A try hard who struggled but always gave 100% and was entertaining especially towards the end of the season.

This coming season

1 ex under 21 champion

2 reserves riding in second string positions (or 1 at heat leader depends if you count the teams as now having 2 or 3 heat leaders)

Solid second string/reserve

One of last years second strings now at 2nd heat leader position

1 3.something struggling reserve

1 kid who's never raced over here

Now like I said no disrespect, but I think that clearly illustrates how much weaker the teams in the Depleted League will be this coming season.

:angry::angry::angry:

That just about sums it up. Looking good isn't it? :blink:

That's it - time to pack up and go home. What's the point of watching EL speedway when the teams are scarcely better than the teams they tracked for the BLC this year? When will some promoter have the guts to challenge this total farce?

Firstly, I think some people are missing the plot with regard to gradings.

QUESTION....Why did the BSPA vote them in? ANSWER....to ensure a distribution of at least 1 Top rider to the New Teams moving up ( something that has always failed to happen in the past), and also to reduce the costs, notably from High Wage demands from some Top riders, because they have been in short supply.

Now this may sound very unfair, both to Fans who have to lose a favourite Rider ( or two), and also on the Riders, and who can blame them for wanting to earn as much as possible. But the simple fact is, that Speedway has been Spending more than it has been receiving, for several Seasons now, and it cannot go on. Any common Business sense will tell you that. You have to cut your cloth accordingly, and this is what the BSPA have done. If they had not, the EL would have folded completely next year, because Arena and Swindon would not have moved up, and Ipswich, and possibly Peterborough may have dropped down. I suspect that only 3 EL Clubs mad money last year. The rest would have lost substantial amounts. What we have got from the BSPA, is a Survival package, and a package, that with the continued support from Sky, just might work.