British Speedway Forum

And bring in who precisely? :rolleyes:

He has had some good scrapes, taken a few scalps as well.

He is only going to get better and better.

Which they wont be dropped. The BSI is pretty clear they want the best AND the most upcoming youngsters.

Lindgren still has several years on most of the GP regulars whilst Woffinden is likely to keep the pick unless GB can provide a better option. Which there isnt.

Nicholls wont get another pick, same as with Richardson.

Stead has showed he is even further down the pecking order internationally with his WTC showing.

Whilst id prefer riders qualified and there were no picks, until that day we will get 2 picks.

No point in saying we dont deserve it, and given we need 2 Harris and Woff are almost nailed on for next season.

as much as IMG made a statement by picking Tai this season.... and as much as we are short of Brits good enough at the highest level.... I think IMG are going to find it extremely difficult to select him based on just how adrift he is in the series...... it might have been easier if he had continued his improvement throughout the year but the last couple of grand prix he has reverted back to the start of the season and the kind of form that just cannot lead to a Wildcard (as per Rico, Krystof, Chrzanowski etc)

As far as the Brits are concerned I think Bomber is in whether he qualifies or not..... and then realistically there are the choices of Steady qualifying, Scott being given a wildcard (yet again)... or only one Brit being involved next season............ I think its becoming increasingly more difficult for IMG to justify 2 brits... but tbh I think thats been the case the previous 2 seasons so I really wouldnt be suprised if Scott is brought back.... IMG seem to be deaf and quite bolshy on the subject of the Brits in the GP's

well thats a funny one because I was indeed one of those non people questioning it as TRick in that season was ludicrously head and shoulders above anyone

Okay, you were one of the few, as most seemed content to put it down to professionalism and attention to detail, allied with great skill and ability. What about Crump in 2006, when he was just as dominant, until he eased off when the championship was assured? That season came after his switch from Jawa to GM. Or what about Nicki Pedersen in 2007 when he was similarly dominant?

You question Holta's engines and yet when they met earlier in the meeting Gollob easily overhauled Holta. What does that say about Gollob's engines? What does it say about Jonasson's engines? After all, in an earlier heat Jonasson was all over Gollob and only a yard or so separated them as the chequered flag fell?

Well, unlike some British riders who are too weak to finish in top 8 every single season, Polish riders don't need any wild cards to ride in SGP. So don't worry, we won't take any of your wild cards.

No you just need "non-poles" to win the World Cup don't you :lol:

Get over yourself B)

Decent GP. Shame about the dullard winner. Gollob is now looking set to become WC. Nasty move on Emil though. Seemed to panic when he should have waited. A race is 4 laps not one.

It's a shame a dullard like you is allowed anywhere near a computer. rolleyes.gif

as much as IMG made a statement by picking Tai this season.... and as much as we are short of Brits good enough at the highest level.... I think IMG are going to find it extremely difficult to select him based on just how adrift he is in the series...... it might have been easier if he had continued his improvement throughout the year but the last couple of grand prix he has reverted back to the start of the season and the kind of form that just cannot lead to a Wildcard (as per Rico, Krystof, Chrzanowski etc)

Woffinden, in my opinion, represents a bit of a problem for BSI. They nominated him for 2010 when most halfway sensible speedway supporters knew that he wasn't really ready and hadn't really achieved anything that could warrant a nomination. Now, to cast him aside after one season would appear harsh, possibly even cruel. It might not go down to well in Sky HQ either, since they have pushed Woffinden's merits hard. Bellamy, like Postlethwaite before him, likes appearing on Sky.

Another interesting scenario could be played out in Pardubice during the Golden Helmet meeting, where Darcy Ward is handily placed in the World Under 21 series. Sayfutdinov was nominated after twice winning the Under 21 championship, Woffinden was nominated after finishing second last year. Could BSI ignore Ward's credentials if he gained a second title?

If there were only one GP in Poland in a 70,000 seater stadium with a roof and a temporary track and three GP in UK on permanent tracks the GP leaderboard would be quite different. :blink: (...)

The whole point is that it wouldn't be much different. Gollob, Hampel and Holta are different class riders than Harris or Woffinden, simple as ... But I understand some of you cannot understand/accept it and try to think up reasons other than skills, hard work, consistence and professionalism these riders represent (or not). If you are focused on the British leagues only it may be a bit shocking when you find out that only 1 British rider rides in the Polish Ekstraliga and he's got the 47th average there currently. The rest is good enough to ride in our Division 1 or 2 only.

Well at least you got a winner last night,even if he was a fake,3 GP'S in Poland looks like the BSI are doing very nicely out of the SGP series along with Poland,and yes a Polish champ will benefit Poland even more you'll soon have it all,we'll see what happens next year,

We don't want it all. It's all about the money though, BSI are happy having 3 GP's in Poland cause Polish organisers pay them a lot for the rights to organise GP's in their cities.

the British riders should be given more chances in their own leagues instead of foreign imports,regardless of a Brit in the GP'S next year or not,it's all nicely geared elsewhere

Stop moaning and blaming Poland for everything then. Blame British promotors, some of your riders' attitude and their lack of professionalism instead.

Britain had many individual world champions in the past, it's time for Poland to catch up a bit with the statistics now :)

No you just need "non-poles" to win the World Cup don't you :lol:

Get over yourself B)

I presume 15 in your nickname is your age?

Edited by Mateusz

If you are focused on the British leagues only it may be a bit shocking when find out that only 1 British rider rides in the Polish Ekstraliga and he's got the 47th average there currently. The rest is good enough to ride in our Division 1 or 2 only.

Your point is well made, although I thought Czestochowa had two Britons: Woffinden and Bridger.

The thing is a little foresight, or dashed good fortune, on the part of the Poles has brought them to the fore. A few years ago the Polish leagues had set limits on the number of non-Polish riders at their clubs (one of the reasons, if not the primary reason, Holta finds himself a Polish citizen, since being a Pole guaranteed him a place and freed up a non-Pole position at Czestochowa). What that meant is that Polish clubs had to find riders from within their own country. This led directly to the Kolodziejs, Miedzinskis, Kasprzaks and Hampels coming through. To be sure many have fallen by the wayside, sometimes tragically so, but if you find twenty young riders then at least a handful are going to do well enough.

Edited by ladyluck

The whole point is that it wouldn't be much different. Gollob, Hampel and Holta are different class riders than Harris or Woffinden, simple as ...

Maybe so .....the fact remains that the Gp has got to the stage where The poles are having more and more Gp's on there own speedway tracks where the Brits and Danes have to do with one on a temp track ..I am sure if you had your gp on a one off temp track and there 3 gp's in the Uk the gap would be a lot closer .

Dont think anyone expected Tai to do what Emil did.

He`s done precisely what was expected of him.

Taken a few scalps without really challenging for a semi except in one round.

Job done as far as Tai goes.

All the experience learned will only benefit him, the GP AND Team GB.

Ill be very suprised if they ditch him after one season, very suprised.

Maybe so .....the fact remains that the Gp has got to the stage where The poles are having more and more Gp's on there own speedway tracks where the Brits and Danes have to do with one on a temp track ..I am sure if you had your gp on a one off temp track and there 3 gp's in the Uk the gap would be a lot closer .

Not so. As things stand in the here and now, Denmark have two GPs, with one on a permanent track; Vojens. The British and Danish GPs are promoted by BSI themselves and as far as anyone can gather BSI won't sanction a second GP in Britain until Cardiff is a sell-out, or some promoter coughs over the dosh in the way Polish clubs do. Hasn't Terry Russell the financial clout to being a GP to Swindon? No point blaming the Poles; it's BSI's party.

I presume 15 in your nickname is your age?

Turn the numbers round and you would be closer .... you wanna come on the "British" speedway forum and knock the "British" riders ... I will take the chance o remind you of the "lack of faith" you have in Polish riders for the world cup ... simples B)

Not so. As things stand in the here and now, Denmark have two GPs, with one on a permanent track; Vojens. The British and Danish GPs are promoted by BSI themselves and as far as anyone can gather BSI won't sanction a second GP in Britain until Cardiff is a sell-out, or some promoter coughs over the dosh in the way Polish clubs do. Hasn't Terry Russell the financial clout to being a GP to Swindon? No point blaming the Poles; it's BSI's party.

When did i say i was blaming anone i said that it the gp's woul be closer if there were more Gp's in the uk and not as many in Poland ..i don't give a rat ass how much dosh polish clubs pay as really it's meant to be a world championship ran on a level field rather that a who's got the most money circus .

Personally I wouldn't mind UK having two 2 GPs - the whole series would more balanced if every main speedway nation (PL, UK, SWE, DK) had two GPs. The question is - where would like to organise the second GP in UK - at Wembley (would u get there the same crowd as u get in Cardiff annually?) or at Kings Lynn?

However, I don't see much point in Poland hosting any GP at a temp track while we have such speedway stadiums like MotoArena in Torun - and almost exactly the same one to be built in Bydgoszcz within next two years (just a bit bigger and with a roof covering the track :) )) ...And then Gorzow and Zielona Gora won't be much behind when they finish re-building their stadiums.

Edited by Mateusz

Turn the numbers round and you would be closer .... you wanna come on the "British" speedway forum and knock the "British" riders ... I will take the chance o remind you of the "lack of faith" you have in Polish riders for the world cup ... simples B)

This is why I thought you were 15 :P

This is why I thought you were 15 :P

Yeah the truth hurts eh :lol: