British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Iow V Dudley

Surprised there's no thread yet for this. Anyone 'abroad' on the IOW can give us a weather update please? :unsure:

Surprised there's no thread yet for this. Anyone 'abroad' on the IOW can give us a weather update please? :unsure:

Just had this through;

Tonight's National League speedway match between the Isle of Wight and Dudley is on, the track is dry and it's all go. first race 7.30pm

Edited by stressed

Good news after a night and morning of heavy rain for so many paces around the UK. :)

From the Heathens website:

HEATHENS HEAD SOUTH

MONDAY 09 AUGUST 2010

DUDLEY Heathens continue their surge towards the National League play-offs with a southern tour starting on Tuesday.

The former Cradley club are taking big numbers of loyal fans to the Isle of Wight on Tuesday and then Poole on Wednesday for the meeting with Bournemouth.

Heathens hand a debut to Barrie Evans after signing him as cover for the injured Jon Armstrong.

Boss Will Pottinger said: "Our big win over the Isle of Wight at Perry Barr will count for nothing as they are a different side on their big home track. "Bournemouth have added Jerran Hart which makes them stronger at the top end of their team so we are expecting two very tough away matches but we'll give it our best shot and look to come away from each meeting with at least a point.

"I know there's a lot of Heathens supporters travelling south which should be great motivation for our boys so hopefully we can pick up some points and make it a worthwhile journey for them."

ISLE OF WIGHT: Nick Simmons, Lee Smethills, Danny Warwick, Brendan Johnson, Ben Hopwood, Dean Felton, Tom Hill.

DUDLEY: Lee Smart, Micky Dyer, Tom Perry, Jake Anderson, Barrie Evans, Ashley Morris, Richard Franklin.

I would like to think that the Heathens can continue their run of good form and season-long strong away performances this week. A point from each meeting would be perfectly acceptable, but a win from one of them and the odd point from the other to put us top would be very nice indeed. :approve:

Updates will be available here. Thread may not be open/anything happening til nearer the start time, but never fear, I have an appointment and some food shopping to do beforehand.. I'll be there before it starts, guaranteed :wink:

No idea on line-ups but I think Ben was hoping to be able to race tonight, though may be wrong as not heard anything recently.

I am surprised this meeting is still on, raining all day in Boscombe..and even now at 6-00 pm..if it goes ahead good luck guys..better forcast for tomorrow, so maybe i will see you there, at Poole.

Edited by greyhoundp

It's dry in the refs box :P

But no ref as yet :rolleyes:

Still light drizzle :sad:

Riders walking the track, majority in shorts :D

Edited by stressed

[

It's dry in the refs box :P

Riders walking the track, majority in shorts :D

So maybe they will have a swim in there shorts :wink: or even do a swimming meeting without the bikes.. :lol: but for double points to the winners..

Ref has looked at the track and a decision will be made after 7.00pm

I would like to think that the Heathens can continue their run of good form and season-long strong away performances this week.

Nor would i, must be costing them a fortune to put out that team.

Feel sorry for the fairly large contingent <by NL standards> of fans that have travelled down there,not an inexpensive trip for them around £150 and that was only for the travel and Hotels, and i must admit i was very tempted to go, but studied the forcast for today and it was a Sh*te forcast, however tomorrows another day, and i may well be tempted to make that journey,to Poole.

Meeting has been called off :sad:

Very interesting statement, where did you get this information? I was at the track and we weren't told it was off until around 7.15.

Very interesting statement, where did you get this information? I was at the track and we weren't told it was off until around 7.15.

Uummmm,Stressed is the track announcer over there! :blink: