British Speedway Forum

Why are people not questioning Jade Mudgeways inclusion in Buxtons 2008 and 2009 team?

Because he didn't ride for Buxton in 2008 :rolleyes:

Wanna......you and I are miles apart in our opinions regarding young british riders and opportunities given to Aussies at the expence of our own lads. I am not going into yet another debate, theres been so many and nothing much changes. I'm not against foreigners riding in our leagues but Aussies come in on lower averages than the Swedes and Danes thats why they get an advantage. I still think you are out of order to involve S. Worrell and Gary Irving in this thread, their inclusions in the PL has no bearings whatsoever.....As for the Mark Jones situation if he rides legally, no problem, but for goodness sake get your promoter to make a statement so we can move on.

Why are people not questioning Jade Mudgeways inclusion in Buxtons 2008 and 2009 team? He is a couple of years younger than Mark but rode NL and joined the PL on a 5.00. Did he have a proper visa? Did it ever get questioned? No.

For one very good reason - Buxton would never do such a thing...

As for what they get that Brits dont, thats rubbish. Most foreign riders provide their own bikes, they pay for lodging (or are you suggesting Brits should be allowed to doss at other peoples houses and eat etc for nothing), they fund their own way here, they either bring a mechanic from home or pay for a British one.

Did I just see a pig flying... Some of us really do know what happens behind the scenes...

Glasgow have before stated that they have approached young Brits with good deals only for them to turn it down because of the travelling. That shows lazyness and lack of ambition. Yet you have Aussies and New Zealanders travelling the world away from their familys for 6 months to race.

Arguements going around in circles... Glasgow find their foreign riders board and lodging etc. Young British riders are reliant on parents for transport - costly enough for away meeting - astronomical for home and away matches

Your argument holds no water.

The more you defend Newport the more I think that you are more than just any ordinary supporter... I guess you're a friend of the Malletts.

Wanna......you and I are miles apart in our opinions regarding young british riders and opportunities given to Aussies at the expence of our own lads. I am not going into yet another debate, theres been so many and nothing much changes. I'm not against foreigners riding in our leagues but Aussies come in on lower averages than the Swedes and Danes thats why they get an advantage. I still think you are out of order to involve S. Worrell and Gary Irving in this thread, their inclusions in the PL has no bearings whatsoever.....As for the Mark Jones situation if he rides legally, no problem, but for goodness sake get your promoter to make a statement so we can move on.

Fair enough.

My point regarding Worrell and Irving was that if they are good enough to be snapped up by a PL team, then Jonesy should have no problem.

For one very good reason - Buxton would never do such a thing...

Ah right. Newport obviously would as they have a huge history of employing illegial riders dont they?!

Did I just see a pig flying... Some of us really do know what happens behind the scenes...

As do I. I know three of the four newcomers Newport Wasps lined up with this season done exactly what I listed regarding their own machinery, mechanics etc. And that is another fact for you.

Arguements going around in circles... Glasgow find their foreign riders board and lodging etc. Young British riders are reliant on parents for transport - costly enough for away meeting - astronomical for home and away matches

They had to pay for Danny Bird to fly up to Glasgow from his southern based home for every home meeting because he was too lazy to drive up. That must of cost a lot of money surely? Oh wait, that cant be true because he is British!

The more you defend Newport the more I think that you are more than just any ordinary supporter... I guess you're a friend of the Malletts.

I ran Newports Official Site from the day Malletts took over until May 2010 when I had enough. I havent fell out with them but we are no longer in contact and I havent been to the track since May when I finished the website. I have no reason to defend them.

They bent over backwards for "young gun" Sam Hurst in 2009, lending him bikes etc, they done everything for him, he used their van. And he through it back in their face. Why would they want to go through the same again?

As said, you may think your well in the know and you could be, I couldn't careless but I know a hell of a lot of what goes on through my time doing the website. And it is a lot more than you think.

All this comming because of a thread going from asking why Mark Jones is returning home early. It turned from that to talk of riding here illegially. He is perfectly legal, get over it and find something else to moan over .

Edited by Wanna

Fair enough.

My point regarding Worrell and Irving was that if they are good enough to be snapped up by a PL team, then Jonesy should have no problem.

Worrall can't be that bad - he's 'tasted' Pl level riding only months after sitting on a Speedway bike for the first time.

Jonesy was under 16 Australian Champion in 1999 - 11 years age - yet he's still only in the NL. Has he ever been asked to ride in the PL (genuine question)

Didnt say Worrall was that bad but at this stage I would rate Jones as the better rider, and expect him to progress in 2011.

Yes, Mildenhall in 2008 announced they were in talks with him and I am sure Kings Lynn were after him at one stage, sure someone will clarify this.

Didnt say Worrall was that bad but at this stage I would rate Jones as the better rider, and expect him to progress in 2011.

Yes, Mildenhall in 2008 announced they were in talks with him and I am sure Kings Lynn were after him at one stage, sure someone will clarify this.

The implication was that Worrall was a poor rider - and British.

But Jones wasn't offered a PL place this year... Worrall was. Both ride for Clubs with a PL and an NDL team. I guess the fact that Jones couldn't stay the whole season was why he rode NL and not PL... the rules are adhered to more stringently there I guess...

You say that you left Newport Speedway, because you'd had enough, that's about the same time that Mallett junior lost his promoters licience...

The more I have thought about it, the more it makes sense. WHy come out and make a statement when there is no need? His place in Newport Hornets team is all legal and above board. Why are people not questioning Jade Mudgeways inclusion in Buxtons 2008 and 2009 team? He is a couple of years younger than Mark but rode NL and joined the PL on a 5.00. Did he have a proper visa? Did it ever get questioned? No.

As Squall says later on, Jade did not ride for Buxton in 2008. In fact he rode for Redcar before moving to Buxton in 2009 after Redcar decided not to run in the CL/NL. I can't comment on his circumstances at Redcar but I can confirm that he did indeed have the correct visa whilst riding for Buxton.

The only reason why anyone is querying the legality of Mark Jones' visa, and to my knowledge he isn't the only one, is that it has been stated that he only has a 6 month visa. Unless the rules have changed you can only compete in the NL on a youth mobility visa which lasts for 2 years although you can come and go as you please during that time. Something doesn't add up somewhere as there is an obvious discrepancy between the validity periods of the visas in question. Maybe the rules have changed and that explains everything but it would be nice to know either way.

The implication was that Worrall was a poor rider - and British.

But Jones wasn't offered a PL place this year... Worrall was. Both ride for Clubs with a PL and an NDL team. I guess the fact that Jones couldn't stay the whole season was why he rode NL and not PL... the rules are adhered to more stringently there I guess...

You say that you left Newport Speedway, because you'd had enough, that's about the same time that Mallett junior lost his promoters licience...

No, my implication was that Mark Jones is, in my opinion, a better rider (at the moment) than Steve Worall. Worall and Irving were just two riders I picked off the top of my head. I also think he is a better rider than the likes of Courtney, Davey, Bujega, McDade, etc.

I would love to see GB back on the map but sadly it wont happen for some time and it is not fair to blame that on Aussies riding in the NL!

I quit my job as webmaster after a shambolic performance against Birmingham in May when I left the stadium far from happy with the way the team performed, and havent returned since. It is absoloutely nothing to do with Nick Mallett having his promoters license taken away from him and anyone who knows me well will confirm that.

As Squall says later on, Jade did not ride for Buxton in 2008. In fact he rode for Redcar before moving to Buxton in 2009 after Redcar decided not to run in the CL/NL. I can't comment on his circumstances at Redcar but I can confirm that he did indeed have the correct visa whilst riding for Buxton.

The only reason why anyone is querying the legality of Mark Jones' visa, and to my knowledge he isn't the only one, is that it has been stated that he only has a 6 month visa. Unless the rules have changed you can only compete in the NL on a youth mobility visa which lasts for 2 years although you can come and go as you please during that time. Something doesn't add up somewhere as there is an obvious discrepancy between the validity periods of the visas in question. Maybe the rules have changed and that explains everything but it would be nice to know either way.

As far as I can see - looking on the Border Agency website - the rules haven't changed. I did cut and paste them at the top of page 5...

Obviously Mark can't ride on a Youth Mobility visa...

Jayne - are you thinking of Tregoning last year? ... also Newport IIRC...

All this comming because of a thread going from asking why Mark Jones is returning home early. It turned from that to talk of riding here illegially. He is perfectly legal, get over it and find something else to moan over .

Is it now safe to assume that you have changed your mind about the thread being started about Mark apparently riding here illegally although you didn't answer me directly when I challenged you about it ;)

As far as I can see - looking on the Border Agency website - the rules haven't changed. I did cut and paste them at the top of page 5...

Obviously Mark can't ride on a Youth Mobility visa...

As i see this,if you have a "youth mobility visa" or "holiday visa" as some call it,you cant ride in the NDL.proved by tyson nelson

other option is a full blown "work permit",which again i believe you cant use in the NDL [eg Kurt Sheilds couldnt ride in NL], but is fine for PL and EL as the permit permits the said person to earn on a professional basis

If, as i read it,and have been told is true ,does that make a problem with Dyer,Kurtz etc?

if mark jones rode for any other club there would be a topic would there.i dont think so.as for tim webbers he is on the sick .so he as not lost his place in the team. if a rider is on the sick he cannot ride for 28 days

Edited by madirish is here