British Speedway Forum
Robbobee

Coventry V Wolves Ko Cup 2nd Leg 23/9

Definitely announced as the 1st at the track tonight. And on our schedule on the Bees website the 1st is listed as a reserved date.

Correct, definately announced as the 1st.

However, it seems the riders all thought it was Thursday 30th!!!

BSPA site says Thursday 30th..

So who knows!

Can the re-admission ticket be used on Monday (paying the extra £2)? :blink:

Good point! I'd like to think so...??? :unsure:

It'd be interesting for someone to post the wording from the programme as the ticket doesn't give any info.

I have been told by the press officer that the date will be Thursday 30th not Friday 1st due to it being the Czech Golden Helmet weekend then.

Also re-admission tickets will be valid for Monday +£2

This information is now also on clubs website.

I have been told by the press officer that the date will be Thursday 30th not Friday 1st due to it being Czech Golden Helmet weekend this week.

Also re-admission tickets will be valid for Monday +£2

This information is now also on clubs website.

Well lets hope the club (aka Mr DR) can get this well publicised - would hate to see the fans turn up on the 1st!

That's an oopsie made by the club this evening I think! rolleyes.gif

Well lets hope the club (aka Mr DR) can get this well publicised - would hate to see the fans turn up on the 1st!

That's an oopsie made by the club this evening I think! rolleyes.gif

Yes, thank heavens for Peter York eh? :blink:

Really weird weather. :blink: Started off from Leicester during a massive thunderstorm and torrential rain only to find once I was on the M69, a mile away, the road was bone dry all the way to Coventry. But as that black cloud settled over Brandon it looked pretty ominous and so it proved with heavy rain falling during heat 2. No chance of the meeting continuing but once back on the M69 it was still dry all the way back to the end of the motorway. Very unusual for Hinckley (half way) to miss out on bad weather as it's normally peeing it down there. :lol:

Yes, thank heavens for Peter York eh?

I don't think it's fair to blame Peter York in this instance as he must have got the details from somewhere.

Edited by Gemini

I don't think it's fair to blame Peter York in this instance as he must have got the details from somewhere.

Agreed Gem -

If you looked at the Bees fixture list it had Friday 1st October listed as a reserve meeting date.

I suspect in the few minutes between rain off and announcement someone probably told him this.

At the time I said to the ladies 'with whom I was getting drenched with' biggrin.gif - that was a quick announcement on the re-arranged date!

But, as David Rowe has said on FB, we have a final at Brandon on Monday, so if anyone is not in the computer age, they will have the opportunity of hearing it over the tannoy then.

Another wierd moment to this strange day, which includes Superbarts early rain off announcement!

Curious day!!!biggrin.gifohmy.gif

Another wierd moment to this strange day, which includes Superbarts early rain off announcement!

Hopefully he can tell me Saturday lottery numbers!

Yer - I heard he will call you on Sunday morning with them!!!!icon_lol.gif

Don't rely on them though, they might be a month out of date... :D

Yes, thank heavens for Peter York eh? :blink:

Not his fault. The reserve date was nodded through quickly on a "should be OK" basis by the promotions and it was only detailed checks with the riders afterwards that threw up the problem.