British Speedway Forum
keef

Leigh Adams Farewell 17/10 In England

I am so glad I went, it was a terrific astmosphere, stadium packed full of true Leigh fans. We loved having the Polish guests, they were great with their huge banner and throwing Leigh in the air on the centre green at the end. The Shane v Tai race was hillarious and brought the house down, all us ladies loved it. Rosco and Sean Mcdonell excellent value too in their two races, loved the Rocky music!!! Nice to see Brian Karger and Ronnie Correy. All the riders present gave The Great Man a farewell to remember, Good luck to him for the future :lol:

Edited by Red Robin

What a great night. I have never been to Swindon before as it is a fair distance so was a newbie. Really enjoyed the meeting and what a good send off Leigh had. It was fitting his won his last meeting. Brought a couple of items from the auction as well. Nice chatting to people in the bar after the meeting.

Good luck back in Oz Leigh and thank you.

I'd have gone round like that if i had Charlie to warm me up later like Tai might have. :wink:

Surely Matej Zagar would have something to say about that!

well worth the money did not care about the line up just great to see leigh go out in style only chris holder really pushed him all night,went to both leighs meeting and the elrc and both worth the money all though i was more disapointed with the elrc with had been billed as a open with none elite riders but we had the normal usual suspects

I made the journey down from Glasgow (went to Peterborough for the ELRC too) and enjoyed the experience thoroughly.

Leigh has been a favourite of mine for years and I wanted to be there for his final meeting and I'm glad I made the effort - well worth it.

Managed to sample a beverage or three in The Jovial Monk prior to making my Blunsdon debut, the excellent weather surely played a part in swelling the crowd to 4000(?) and created a good atmosphere. Leigh looked pretty pumped and you could tell he really wanted to win the meeting, looked super quick and only Chris Holder managed to get close in the final heat - although, would he dare pass Mr Clean?

Highlights for me........

The well oiled Leszno fans and their massive banner - "Your heart is white and blue, we will never forget you"

Naked Speedway featuring Woffinden and Parker, pmsl.....

Watching Chris Holder completely ignore an attractive dark-haired girl after she deliberately bumped into him at the bar in an attempt to catch his eye and bag herself a free drink - hilarious!

Finally meeting "Seb The Snail", a shame you didn't get to see the full meeting Seb. Great to have a chat and a beer.

And finally, I hope Leigh and his family enjoy their new life back in Australia.

I'm going to miss Leigh Adams, but more importantly Speedway's going to miss Leigh Adams.

Who were the road racing (?) VIP's presented to the crowd during the interval?

Didn't catch the names as there was a lot of noise in the bar at the time!

Apart from John Mcguinness the TT champ havent got a cloo!

Troy Corser was one. Didn't catch the name of other two Aussies interviewed.

A fitting farewell to great servant of British speedway. However for one of the top riders in the world I was very disappointed by the lack of turn out of big name stars - even Mark Loram pulled out.

Enjoy your "retirement" Leigh!

I think the great Mark Loram,s wife was expecting to give Birth so a little harsh on Mark Loram .

To LEIGH ADAMS THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. A GENUINE GREAT GUY

Anyone know the reason for Rune Holta's no show?

Leigh said in a radio interview on Saturday that Rune was a major doubt as his ankle was still playing him up.

Edited by bobxski

Highlights for me........

The well oiled Leszno fans and their massive banner - "Your heart is white and blue, we will never forget you"

Naked Speedway featuring Woffinden and Parker, pmsl.....

Watching Chris Holder completely ignore an attractive dark-haired girl after she deliberately bumped into him at the bar in an attempt to catch his eye and bag herself a free drink - hilarious!

Finally meeting "Seb The Snail", a shame you didn't get to see the full meeting Seb. Great to have a chat and a beer.

Good to meet you and your brother too mate, and thanks for the beer! :)

As mentioned, I managed to miss most of the meeting after arriving late and being locked out of the Abbey stadium for the second time this season, but after listening to most of it on the radio I managed to wander back up the road and sneak in before the end. There was still time to see parts of Messrs Woffinden and Parker that I'm still trying to forget, and 2 former Robins legends end their evenings unbeaten, with Rosco (2 from 2) and Clean (6 from 6) both in the deadliest of moods in front of the huge crowd. :P

Holder tried everything in the Grand Final to rain on Leigh's parade, but after one or two anxious moments for his huge legion of fans, Adams fittingly roared past the chequered flag at The Abbey for one last time while his compatriot added to his growing collection of second places. B)

It's hard to put into words what Leigh has meant to our club over the seasons, but there can be no doubt that we'll only really know the answer when we line up without him next March. For years now we've pencilled him in for 13 or 14 in the pre-meeting banter and then worked out where the rest of the points will come from to give us the result that we need. It sure will be strange not to have him leading us, as he always did, from the front.

All the very best Leigh, and thanks for the memories. :approve:

I think the great Mark Loram,s wife was expecting to give Birth so a little harsh on Mark Loram .

To LEIGH ADAMS THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. A GENUINE GREAT GUY

Not harsh at all - he pulled out - Fact!! All I said was that I was disappointed that the big names didn't turnout for Leigh and even Mark Loram pulled out.