British Speedway Forum
keef

Leigh Adams Farewell 17/10 In England

so....its all over, a season or two ago you'd never really think you'd be sat at home contemplating that we'll never see leigh ride again and what the next season would be like, without Leigh heading the team. but here we are.

cracking night on sunday, thank goodness the weather read the script beforehand and played ball.

wasnt the best meeting ive ever seen but still a very entertaining one all the same, and a great send off for leigh. so fitting for Mr.Clean to end the night looking just as well scrubbed up as he did on the parade, immaculate as ever.

good to see rosco in such a rampant mood aswell :D

it would have been nice to see a couple more international stars (crumpy getting his arm sorted, and a shame rune wasnt able to make it) but as long as Leigh enjoyed him self with all the guys, it certainly was entertaining enough.

The good:

Sweety looking very good early on (we'll have him back, thanks, rosco)

Steady entertaining as ever, one of the races of the season against holder...he even won it, even better :D

Zagar putting on a real show, see you next year hopefully.

Leigh, Obviously.

The bad:

No Holta or Loram, a shame but understandable with Holta's ankle and Mark soon expecting.

The ugly:

Parker and Woffinden's bare hinds flying past at high speed :blink: yeeesh.

great spirit though :D blimey that must've been cold. Thank god they didnt give Rosco enough time to wrestle those kevlars off and join them :lol:

Great atmosphere in the bar for the auction after too, great banter from punters and riders a like and a quick mention to the Leszno fans who came over too, brilliant. the sunday before, there was 10000 of similarly passionate Leigh fans in Poland, it was cracking.

So thanks for the years of 1st class service Leigh, he definitely goes down in my eyes as the greatest rider to don the red breast, and i dont think we'll ever see anyone better him.

i dont think it will properly hit me until first match of 2011 and i look down at the programme and think "god this doesnt look right". Not looking forward to the first last heat decider we come to either, when you need someone to step up to the plate, you'd always feel confident that Leigh was about to do the business. unless we sign crumpy as a replacement, i cant see us ever having that comfort blanket again.

Hope things go well back home in Aus Leigh, come back in a few years time for a beer in the Legends Lounge.

p.s anyone know of any sites with some photos of the evening?

Edited by Speedy swindon pete