British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

New Teams For Nl

Excuse me montie, just how far is Coventry from Leicester..????? and that means we will never see a return for Hull due to the 30 mile ruling, somehow i dont think that rule is enforcable.

But would take a miracle to get Speedway approved at the London Rd. track - as this is literally surrounded by homes. Indeed I know of no dog track so completely surrounded by houses..: why it's virtually in people's back gardens!!! :rolleyes:

yep there is a dog/speedway track surrounded by houses - my old hunting ground - Brough Park in Newcastle.

yep there is a dog/speedway track surrounded by houses - my old hunting ground - Brough Park in Newcastle.

Is it..? I was there recently and it didn't look like it was surrounded by houses to me... :shock:

Is it..? I was there recently and it didn't look like it was surrounded by houses to me... :shock:

houses on three sides Parsloes. Brough was where I became an addict for speedway in 1964. Folks can watch the racing from bedroom windows, I would imagine the houses are still there, they were in May when we paid a visit. I used to have to walk through the streets of houses to get in when there was a gate off the street that took you in behind the pit area. Those were the days.

Edited by whippy

houses on three sides Parsloes. Brough was where I became an addict for speedway in 1964. Folks can watch the racing from bedroom windows, I would imagine the houses are still there, they were in May when we paid a visit. I used to have to walk through the streets of houses to get in when there was a gate off the street that took you in behind the pit area. Those were the days.

Thanx! I was in a hurry getting there in a cab having struggled to find somewhere to park near my hotel so must've been less observant than usual!!! :oops:

Berwick when I went there a few years back I noticed houses very near!!! :wink:

Indeed there are houses within 75 metres of the pit gate at Brough Park. Having said that, as far as I'm aware, the promotion have been warned that if they ever close the speedway down, that would be it. They are allowed to race courtesy of being there first. If they shut down and need to reapply they would be turned down on noise grounds.

Indeed there are houses within 75 metres of the pit gate at Brough Park. Having said that, as far as I'm aware, the promotion have been warned that if they ever close the speedway down, that would be it. They are allowed to race courtesy of being there first. If they shut down and need to reapply they would be turned down on noise grounds.

Mind you if the houses were there in the '60s (or earlier) there HAS been a period when the Speedway did close and successfully reopen.. :neutral: Though I take your point that NIMBY-ism is a bigger force nowadays generally (though, mind you, the most infamous NIMBY case in Speedway history - returning to the sub-theme of Romford - was at Brooklands in the early '70s... :mad:)

For anyone to think about opening a track thinkl again .Untill the sport is run more competent i will be keeping my plans under rapps. :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: