British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Facilities For 'unavailable' Riders

Congratulations to Buxton, hard luck Newport, and so near but so far for our guys at The Heathens.

Yes i agree Simon, the R.R facility really is open to abuse, and i alluded to this earlier in the topic.R.R for riders who are unavailable for whatever reason, yes i see the point of putting out a Team that is worth watching, but it is presently open to allow teams who have a strong reserve to take advantage <Jerran Hart Bournemouth 2009> tho i am not saying they did.

Also dates that the play offs have to ridden by without getting into the CIRCUS we have had over the last couple of weeks, quite simply when the cut off date has been reached, the next Home meeting for the Teams becomes the play off SF, then the following meeting becomes the POF. The KO Cup must be raced for in the 1st half of the season and the final held by the end of july, this will stop play offs and KO meetings clashing with dates at the end of the season.This will also then allow Teams that have not qualified for the Play offs to compete for the National Trophy, which surely is what the NL trophy is best suited to.

I think the above is harsh on the Dudley riders concerned. Both riders have been committed to the club throughout the season and in fact Jake has been an ever present along with Ashley Morris. If a situation appears to help all and it makes common sense and all parties agree, then where is the problem here. Ok the paying public could not see the riders for one last time but the public were aware that they were not going to appear in advance of the meeting being staged.I am sure that had we been involved in any finals the duo would have been there.

We all want common sense in speedway this was one occasion it happens and riders still get criticised.

Sorry mate, I don't like it. The bottom line is that they chose not to ride and send their bikes home. Was not Cradley's most important meetings of the season (the DWT) just a challenge at the end of the day? I would love to have heard your opinion of the some of the former Heathens riders if they decided not to ride in it, or if Hamill and Hancock had sent their bikes home and not ridden in the last meeting of the season at Dudley Wood.

More concerning is riders only able to ride at home and a facility is used for them because they cannot make away meetings. Now this does really annoy fans, especially when we hear constantly that young riders are not given an opportunity to race. It also affects the team lineup, becuase aforementioned rider does not get a new average and therefore retains his old average and stays in the main body of the team allowing other riders to take his rides.

I am not having a go at the promotion of the club in particular because it is within the rules and fair play to them for using it to their advantage, and in light of the Charles Wright situation who can blame them. However, this facility really needs to be looked into along with countless other issues.

You have a point but it's the rules, yet again, that are wrong. The same rules applies. You can have a facility if a rider is absent for any reason. I don't have a problem with clubs exploiting the rules, that's just good management, but it should never be allowed to happen. Much the same as clubs being given a facility for Aussies sending their bikes home early, my own club included.

If Jake and/or Micky sign for the Heathens again next year I'll back them, but it doesn't mean I won't speak out on what I see as negatives as much as I will when they ride well and deserve praise. :)

I understand where you are coming from but Billy, Greg etc did earn alot more than the current bunch, ANyway lets agree to disagree, good bit of TV publicity tonight for the club and speedway in general.

So as I said at the time could they not borrow a bike just to put on a show for the fans in the last couple of meetings?! (or had they shipped their gloves and goggles as well :lol::P) But yes, we can agree to disagree mate. :)