British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BossMan

Rye House Cobra's

Hopefully I'm not upsetting anyone by posting this but just noticed the following on RH website:

"Call for New Cobras"

"On the National League front, the Kart Raceway Cobras are actively seeking fresh new youngsters for their 2011 team, and are invited interested riders to contact George Barclay. He can be reached by phone on 0208 592 3361, or by e-mail at g.barclay@hotmail.co.uk"

Good news that NL racing will be back at Rye in 2011 and I will make a few trips there to watch. icon_smile_approve.gif

Yes great to see Rye House will be running in the NL, despite some of the doom and gloom some people on here forcast for The NL in 2011, so i make that two teams who have made there intentions clear to run in 2011.

Hopefully I'm not upsetting anyone by posting this but just noticed the following on RH website:

"Call for New Cobras"

"On the National League front, the Kart Raceway Cobras are actively seeking fresh new youngsters for their 2011 team, and are invited interested riders to contact George Barclay. He can be reached by phone on 0208 592 3361, or by e-mail at g.barclay@hotmail.co.uk"

Good news that NL racing will be back at Rye in 2011 and I will make a few trips there to watch. icon_smile_approve.gif

Is this a change of plan from Len Silver from last year at this time saying he was going to bulid a strong team to win the league,now looking for youngsters??

Or was this a result of the NL meeting the other week,an indication of how the NL will be next year??

Is this a change of plan from Len Silver from last year at this time saying he was going to bulid a strong team to win the league,now looking for youngsters??

Or was this a result of the NL meeting the other week,an indication of how the NL will be next year??

It's more of an indication that Len Silver is not going to throw money at the Cobras next year perhaps ... Attendances have been very poor this year

Edited by Shadders

Please please dont reck the national league by turning it back to the conference league it has become a league worth supporting .I and most people wont spend their hard earned 10 pounds on a down graded product.Keep it on the level its on the only change must be to run with the same rules as the other two leagues. I got fedd up with teams turning up to Plymouth useing R/R or wobbelers at reserve.Letts be posative keep team strenght on a parr with last season and give us a good product to watch.

Please please dont reck the national league by turning it back to the conference league it has become a league worth supporting .

The Conference League was an excellent product and it gave us - among others - Eddie Kennett, the King bros, the Allen bros, Lewis Bridger, James Wright...: so it didn't do a bad job!!

It's more of an indication that Len Silver is not going to throw money at the Cobras next year perhaps ... Attendances have been very poor this year

I would say it's more to do with Len's pricing structure and complete F*$k up of race nights etc that caused the low attendances.

There were so many people that were pi$$ed off with the way the season ended regarding times and days etc. if he raises prices next year I can see him loosing a lot more customers.

Maybe he actually just wants hungry young kids to fill the lower team spots?

We have a good core with Owen Morley Hazelden Jacobs and Mason.

And all of those, with the exception of 'Magic' of course, ARE very young...!!

If speedway is the sport it should be then owen, morley, jacobs and shane should be all PL riders by 2012. If not the rules need to be changed whereby there should be a new bias to introduce them - say an average of 1 point if a rider is under 18 or has less than two years affiliated experience and is british.

I totally agree that the 4 named riders should be in the PL 2012.We are talking about British speedway and not very sensible things happen in British speedway.Promotors would seem to rather fly in young foreign riders every week than use a young Brit

Lots of interest on this thread! Nothing from the management, pretty poor I recon. The Rockets team named first, the Cobras will no doubt be last! Perhaps all the 2011 Rockets will be racing in the NL as well......