British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Slovenian 2011 News

Franc Babič cup:

Semi 1: Ulamek, Kovačič, Stichauer, Magoši

Semi 2: Facher, Skornicki, Duh, Jedrzejewski (ef)

Final: Ulamek, Skornicki, Kovačič, Facher (ef)

The result of the final are not ok. Skornicki was disqualified because the silencer fell off his bike during the final heat.

tomazpozrl, who will be represent Slovenia in semifinal in Rivne 23/06 (European Junior U19 Championship )?

Thanks for the answer

tomazpozrl, who will be represent Slovenia in semifinal in Rivne 23/06 (European Junior U19 Championship )?

Thanks for the answer

No one. Because we only have 3 riders who are U19. Two of them will race in Krosno this weekend and one was in semifinal in Germany.

No one. Because we only have 3 riders who are U19. Two of them will race in Krosno this weekend and one was in semifinal in Germany.

and whats race in Germany?

and whats race in Germany?

This race was on 7th of May in Güstrow.

Edited by Kreso

Matic Ivacic was supposed to race, but he had some mechanical problems with his van and he couldn't come to Germany.

and may be Ivacic wiil take part in race in Rivne?

and may be Ivacic wiil take part in race in Rivne?

I think he won't take part on this race. First reason is money and second reason is that Slovenia has one guaranteed place in the final which is in Ljubljana. Those two who are today in Krosno don't have many chances for the final, so Ivacic will get this place in the final because he is our best U19 rider.

I think he won't take part on this race. First reason is money and second reason is that Slovenia has one guaranteed place in the final which is in Ljubljana. Those two who are today in Krosno don't have many chances for the final, so Ivacic will get this place in the final because he is our best U19 rider.

With Slovenia having one guaranteed in the final, is it true that only 3 riders advances from the Nordic qualifier in Finland on July 2nd? That's how I interpret the supplementary regulations on UEM's website anyway, but I must admit that only 3 places from the Nordic round sounds too little in comparison to what the remaining European countries have the possibilities to ride for...

Just curious.

With Slovenia having one guaranteed in the final, is it true that only 3 riders advances from the Nordic qualifier in Finland on July 2nd? That's how I interpret the supplementary regulations on UEM's website anyway, but I must admit that only 3 places from the Nordic round sounds too little in comparison to what the remaining European countries have the possibilities to ride for...

Just curious.

Yes, it's 3+1 from Seinajoki. I agree with you, it should be 3 riders from one of the other semifinals.

By the way, any idea who is riding in the Nordic round?

Yes, it's 3+1 from Seinajoki. I agree with you, it should be 3 riders from one of the other semifinals.

By the way, any idea who is riding in the Nordic round?

OK, thanks. One of the Swedes better have a great qualifier then, because it would be great to have someone to cheer for in the final. In any case, sixteen U19 riders should provide plenty of action me thinks. :approve:

From f-s-p's "Finnish News" thread:

SWEDEN: Victor Palovaara, Joel Larsson, Tim Gudmundsson, Mathias Thörnblom, Jacob Thorssell, Oliver Berntzon

FINLAND: Jiri Nieminen, Mika Loppi, Timo Lahti

DENMARK: Jonas B Andersen, Kasper Lykke Nielsen, Kenni Nissen, Michael Jepsen Jensen, Mikkel B Jensen, Mikkel Michelsen, Nicolai Busk Jakobsen

Jensen and Jensen must be favourites to have two of the places, but it should be one h*ll of a battle for that third place.

Another question about the U19 final;

When is the start time on the first reserve date (Sunday)? If that's needed, heaven forbid...

(Adria Airways cancelled my Monday flight back home, and wants to put me on the Sunday flight instead, but I must be sure I'm able to catch the meeting if it's postponed on Saturday...)

Another question about the U19 final;

When is the start time on the first reserve date (Sunday)? If that's needed, heaven forbid...

(Adria Airways cancelled my Monday flight back home, and wants to put me on the Sunday flight instead, but I must be sure I'm able to catch the meeting if it's postponed on Saturday...)

The start time on Sunday will be 16:00, as it is on Saturday. But worry not, the weather will be ok. :) I don't remember a meeting being postponed in Ljubljana in the last 10 or 15 years. What can happen is some short downpour or a storm, but it usually goes away in about an hour or so. So I think at worst we can get a short delay.

When are you arriving in Ljubljana? On Friday I guess? If you want, you can join us at the track on Friday afternoon and we can have a chat/beer. :)