British Speedway Forum
heathen79

Nl Agm Cancelled?

At the same time, how hard can it be to get 10 people in a room together and agree some rules in principle? 42.5 point limit, no foreigners, ride home & away, have a cup and a 4TT. Sorted.

Excellent reply and it is not just Nigel Pearson that is complaining. In Speedway Star Dave Tattum was voicing his frustration as was Nicky Mallett. Can you imagine being in their position not knowing what the composition of the league is, what the rules are, not knowing which riders they can track and at the same time trying to attract sponsorship to this exciting sport.

What a crazy situation.

add the isle of wight to that list of frustration

Not to mention riders that are left waiting to see if this meeting will actually go ahead, so they can actually know what they're doing in a few months time. Not the best situation for anyone involved in the NL, far from it! From what I've read elsewhere there are indications the BSPA are expected to release a Press Release tomo about Cov/Pboro, likely back in the EL. How true that is I don't know, but someone posted it over in the EL section. Perhaps if that's true, the NL can now become next priority.

totaly agree Parsloes, very well put.

wish people would stop treating NL as rubbish, where do they think the next Mark Loram is going to come from... Australia?

more likely than from the national league thats for sure.

You're top notch at being rude and pompous but you've yet to attempt to explain exactly WHY, in your esteemed opinion, the NL meeting has had to be delayed due to the EL situation...

I've spoken to an NL chairman today and I can tell you he agrees with 99% of posters on here that there is not a single understandable reason why this is happening...

Ok do you want the National league to be accepted as part of what we know in this country as speedway , and the owners of the 2 tracks to be members of the BSPA , a simple enough question because if you do, regardless of your impatience you'll will have to wait until the problems of the higher tiers of the sport are sorted , when that has been achieved the owners of the rest of the tracks may be able to take the time to look into the running of the national league , of course if you would prefer not to be considered as part of the overall sport then it's simple hold your agm with whoever is available make up some rules between yourselves and get on with your calendar for

Ok do you want the National league to be accepted as part of what we know in this country as speedway , and the owners of the 2 tracks to be members of the BSPA , a simple enough question because if you do, regardless of your impatience you'll will have to wait until the problems of the higher tiers of the sport are sorted , when that has been achieved the owners of the rest of the tracks may be able to take the time to look into the running of the national league , of course if you would prefer not to be considered as part of the overall sport then it's simple hold your agm with whoever is available make up some rules between yourselves and get on with your calendar for

Sorry STILL have no idea (and neither does anyone else involved in the NL...) why whether or not (and surely it'll be not... :rolleyes: ) two clubs drop out of the Elite has got to do with sorting out clubs entering and the rules of the 2011 NL.

Simply repeating that there are 'problems' in the top tier does nothing to justify keeping calling off the meeting to sort things out in the third division.. :neutral:

As I said, three tracks (at least) may well stand or fall in terms of continuing or starting to stage the sport in this country on how soon the NL gets sorted for this year, so delay is not only senseless it's potentially VERY damaging too...

Excellent reply and it is not just Nigel Pearson that is complaining. In Speedway Star Dave Tattum was voicing his frustration as was Nicky Mallett. Can you imagine being in their position not knowing what the composition of the league is, what the rules are, not knowing which riders they can track and at the same time trying to attract sponsorship to this exciting sport.

What a crazy situation.

Would that be the same Nicky Mallet who had his promoters license taken off him for abuse on a social networking site . and who was seen fighting with a supporter at Newport ?

Sorry STILL have no idea (and neither does anyone else involved in the NL...) why whether or not (and surely it'll be not... :rolleyes: ) two clubs drop out of the Elite has got to do with sorting out clubs entering and the rules of the 2011 NL.

Simply repeating that there are 'problems' in the top tier does nothing to justify keeping calling off the meeting to sort things out in the third division.. :neutral:

As I said, three tracks (at least) may well stand or fall in terms of continuing or starting to stage the sport in this country on how soon the NL gets sorted for this year, so delay is not only senseless it's potentially VERY damaging too...

Fair enough neither you nor apparently the chairman of the national leaque can see why the problems of 2 elite clubs should hold up the planning of the national league . neither can I , so instead of complaining on here and in speedway star , why don't all of you get a room in a pub somewhere and hold your AGM .

Would that be the same Nicky Mallet who had his promoters license taken off him for abuse on a social networking site . and who was seen fighting with a supporter at Newport ?

No.

Looking at it purely from a riders perspective, which I can do as we are working with 6-7 riders who may well end up in the National League this season.

At the moment we dont know how many teams there will be in the National League, and personally I dont count Coventry and Peterborough as I dont think they will be in the NL, but this delay must be having a major effect on the possible future of Mildenhall and Weymouth and therefore 14 riders at least.

Assuming the National League starts in late April, it will not be ready for March, that means that from now until then riders have got to:

1) Decide if they have the sponsorship to ride in 2011 as none of them can do it without sponsorship/help from others. One key question for any sponsor would be which team the rider will be with. There are very few national sponsorships at NL level so riders need to find local sponsors once they know where they are riding.

2) There has been alot of talk about pay rates for the NL. As well as sponsorship riders need to know what their rates will be. This cant be sorted out until after the AGM. The same applies to mileage rates.

How can riders know how much to spend on bikes, engines etc now when they have no idea if they have a team place for 2011?

In previous years that would be the situation for NL riders in November/December but not the end of January/February and that is why the National League AGM needs to take place asap.

Personally I cannot understand Jim the Whippers comment, tongue in cheek or not, of course the National League needs to be part of the overall picture but anyone who has had anything to do with the third tier in the last 5 years will know that it hasnt been given the time or management from the BSPA it needs.

I believe that if the next Mark Loram is out there he will come through the National League.

In business if you have a major problem, and lets be honest here British Speedway does have a major problem, and you want to put in place a long term solution you fix the problem from the bottom up not the top down.

Therefore the National League should not have its AGM after the EL/PL ones the whole of British Speedway should resolve its problems together and that means sorting out the NL now and in the future the annual meeting should include the NL as well.

For now it looks like we have from the middle/end of January for riders to find a team,sponsors,agree contracts,work out their budgets, get their supplies for the season , engines tuned, parts bought, await the fixtures, wait for them to be changed, receive the final fixtures, arrange time of work for these dates and all be ready in approx 10 weeks !!!

Also how long before clubs such as Mildenhall and Weymouth will even be ready to talk to riders about any of the above as at the moment these clubs dont have licences.

Looking at it purely from a riders perspective, which I can do as we are working with 6-7 riders who may well end up in the National League this season.

At the moment we dont know how many teams there will be in the National League, and personally I dont count Coventry and Peterborough as I dont think they will be in the NL, but this delay must be having a major effect on the possible future of Mildenhall and Weymouth and therefore 14 riders at least.

Assuming the National League starts in late April, it will not be ready for March, that means that from now until then riders have got to:

1) Decide if they have the sponsorship to ride in 2011 as none of them can do it without sponsorship/help from others. One key question for any sponsor would be which team the rider will be with. There are very few national sponsorships at NL level so riders need to find local sponsors once they know where they are riding.

2) There has been alot of talk about pay rates for the NL. As well as sponsorship riders need to know what their rates will be. This cant be sorted out until after the AGM. The same applies to mileage rates.

How can riders know how much to spend on bikes, engines etc now when they have no idea if they have a team place for 2011?

In previous years that would be the situation for NL riders in November/December but not the end of January/February and that is why the National League AGM needs to take place asap.

Personally I cannot understand Jim the Whippers comment, tongue in cheek or not, of course the National League needs to be part of the overall picture but anyone who has had anything to do with the third tier in the last 5 years will know that it hasnt been given the time or management from the BSPA it needs.

I believe that if the next Mark Loram is out there he will come through the National League.

In business if you have a major problem, and lets be honest here British Speedway does have a major problem, and you want to put in place a long term solution you fix the problem from the bottom up not the top down.

Therefore the National League should not have its AGM after the EL/PL ones the whole of British Speedway should resolve its problems together and that means sorting out the NL now and in the future the annual meeting should include the NL as well.

For now it looks like we have from the middle/end of January for riders to find a team,sponsors,agree contracts,work out their budgets, get their supplies for the season , engines tuned, parts bought, await the fixtures, wait for them to be changed, receive the final fixtures, arrange time of work for these dates and all be ready in approx 10 weeks !!!

Also how long before clubs such as Mildenhall and Weymouth will even be ready to talk to riders about any of the above as at the moment these clubs dont have licences.

What are you waiting for? I cannot see the problem, most of the posters on here claim that the Problems between Cov/Pet and the bspa have nothing to do with the national league and that the NL needs to be sorted right now , so just crack on , after all the Elite league and Premier league have nothing to do with you . so why are they holding you back ?

What are you waiting for? I cannot see the problem, most of the posters on here claim that the Problems between Cov/Pet and the bspa have nothing to do with the national league and that the NL needs to be sorted right now , so just crack on , after all the Elite league and Premier league have nothing to do with you . so why are they holding you back ?

That just shows a lack of knowledge in your post because the EL,PL and NL do have something to do with me, as they do for anyone involved in the sport. All three leagues, and all licences held by clubs in all three leagues come under the BSPA.

They are not seperate and the future of the sport in this country depends on all of them.

If your club were in the NL I am sure your views would be different.

That just shows a lack of knowledge in your post because the EL,PL and NL do have something to do with me, as they do for anyone involved in the sport. All three leagues, and all licences held by clubs in all three leagues come under the BSPA.

They are not seperate and the future of the sport in this country depends on all of them.

If your club were in the NL I am sure your views would be different.

That just shows how you have joined the thread at the last minute and not taken the time to read any of the other posts. way back at the beginning of this thread I said that as the NL was an equal part of speedway , the supporters ,riders, sponsors, promoters would have to be patient and wait while the running of the sport was sorted out , it was the posters on here who said otherwise , so have a rant at their lack of knowledge of the sport .straight after you apologise to me for jumping the gun and not taking the time to acqauaint yourself with the full facts of the debate

That just shows how you have joined the thread at the last minute and not taken the time to read any of the other posts. way back at the beginning of this thread I said that as the NL was an equal part of speedway , the supporters ,riders, sponsors, promoters would have to be patient and wait while the running of the sport was sorted out , it was the posters on here who said otherwise , so have a rant at their lack of knowledge of the sport .straight after you apologise to me for jumping the gun and not taking the time to acqauaint yourself with the full facts of the debate

I read all the posts.

As someone who freqently posts on NL matters I am fully aware of the facts and enjoy a good debate.

I also have followed the forums rules and attacked the post not the person who posted it, and therefore under the forum rules I have nothing to apologise for however as you feel you deserve an apology from me then I apologise.

Unlike some on this forum I am not going to get into a "one on one" argument with another forum member, we all have our opinions and post accordingly, and therefore will not respond further.

For all NL fans, and speedway fans, lets hope this gets resolved.