British Speedway Forum
heathen79

Nl Agm Cancelled?

That just shows how you have joined the thread at the last minute and not taken the time to read any of the other posts. way back at the beginning of this thread I said that as the NL was an equal part of speedway , the supporters ,riders, sponsors, promoters would have to be patient and wait while the running of the sport was sorted out , it was the posters on here who said otherwise , so have a rant at their lack of knowledge of the sport .straight after you apologise to me for jumping the gun and not taking the time to acqauaint yourself with the full facts of the debate

Best you go back to where you come from with statements like " I said that as the NL was an equal part of speedway , the supporters ,riders, sponsors, promoters would have to be patient and wait while the running of the sport was sorted out" not sure it's got anything to do with you. The current lot responsible for the shambolic running of the sport should welcome you on board.

But good of you to speak on behalf of the controlling body.

As a suggestion maybe start to listen to people like Nikko who have a good knowledge of what goes on ( maybe even understand some of it although there are some big words in there ), never know you might learn something factual and be able to contribute.

Oh and before you dismiss NL have a look at your declared riders - how many have those have risen through the NL conference ranks?

Kev

Best you go back to where you come from with statements like " I said that as the NL was an equal part of speedway , the supporters ,riders, sponsors, promoters would have to be patient and wait while the running of the sport was sorted out" not sure it's got anything to do with you. The current lot responsible for the shambolic running of the sport should welcome you on board.

But good of you to speak on behalf of the controlling body.

As a suggestion maybe start to listen to people like Nikko who have a good knowledge of what goes on ( maybe even understand some of it although there are some big words in there ), never know you might learn something factual and be able to contribute.

Oh and before you dismiss NL have a look at your declared riders - how many have those have risen through the NL conference ranks?

Kev

oh right ho kev . I'll go back where I came from and you can listen to Nikko , no doubt the NL will continue to thrive as it has over the last few years , especially with such knowledgable people as yourself at the helm .

oh right ho kev . I'll go back where I came from and you can listen to Nikko , no doubt the NL will continue to thrive as it has over the last few years , especially with such knowledgable people as yourself at the helm . 

What a particularly irrelevant and childish statement this is on the back of several previous poor comments from the same source.

Let's keep the debate at a sensible level or say nothing.

Malcolm Vasey

What a particularly irrelevant and childish statement this is on the back of several previous poor comments from the same source.

Malcolm Vasey

Nice sensible and easy question for you Malcolm that no-one has been able to answer so far.

When is the NL AGM going to be held?

Malcolm Vasey

Malcolm, is there any prospect of you getting all the relevant NL promoters/managers together in a pub/restaurant/greasy spoon and thrashing something out so it only has to be ratified by the BSPA as a whole?

Nice sensible and easy question for you Malcolm that no-one has been able to answer so far.

When is the NL AGM going to be held?

No date for the National League AGM has been released as far as I know.

Malcolm, is there any prospect of you getting all the relevant NL promoters/managers together in a pub/restaurant/greasy spoon and thrashing something out so it only has to be ratified by the BSPA as a whole?

Although I am at Stoke and we are hoping to compete in the National League next season that has yet to be ratified by the other clubs although I would not expect a problem with that.

Further I am not aware, other than by rumours, of who has declared that they will run next season nor what new teams are hoping to participate.

Finally, I am not a Promoter any more and not in any position to do anything along these lines, which would be improper in any event and carry no weight with the BSPA even if such a meeting were to be organised.

Whilst I share your sense of frustration at the present time there are other matters taking place in speedway of which I only have a limited knowledge which may well be inaccurate and I think we must remain patient until such time as the powers that be direct otherwise.

I would like to see at least ten or a dozen teams in the National League and one thing that needs careful thought is the points limit which must be produced once the number of competing teams is known and not before. The more teams the lower the points limit and I would like the gap between stand alone Clubs and those primarily for development to be as close as possible. That way we will get close entertaining speedway.

Malcolm Vasey

No date for the National League AGM has been released as far as I know.

Although I am at Stoke and we are hoping to compete in the National League next season that has yet to be ratified by the other clubs although I would not expect a problem with that.

Further I am not aware, other than by rumours, of who has declared that they will run next season nor what new teams are hoping to participate.

Finally, I am not a Promoter any more and not in any position to do anything along these lines, which would be improper in any event and carry no weight with the BSPA even if such a meeting were to be organised.

Whilst I share your sense of frustration at the present time there are other matters taking place in speedway of which I only have a limited knowledge which may well be inaccurate and I think we must remain patient until such time as the powers that be direct otherwise.

I would like to see at least ten or a dozen teams in the National League and one thing that needs careful thought is the points limit which must be produced once the number of competing teams is known and not before. The more teams the lower the points limit and I would like the gap between stand alone Clubs and those primarily for development to be as close as possible. That way we will get close entertaining speedway.

Malcolm Vasey

Just read thorough a collection of "posts" and I'm sorry but I still cannot understand why EVERY time it comes to the National League AGM there is allways a problem/s and this starts EVERYONE having a "Swipe" at each other. At the end of the day we all support speedway, we all support NL speedway, so my message to those so called "men at the top", please get it sorted out !!!!.

I would point out that the previous post which purports to be a quote from me contains comments whuich I did not make.

These are: Just read thorough a collection of "posts" and I'm sorry but I still cannot understand why EVERY time it comes to the National League AGM there is allways a problem/s and this starts EVERYONE having a "Swipe" at each other. At the end of the day we all support speedway, we all support NL speedway, so my message to those so called "men at the top", please get it sorted out !!!!.

I did not make this commentr as suggested by Canary Boy and I would ask him to make his own comments not attribute his remarks to me by including them in a quote from me.

Malcolm Vasey

Mod Note: As canaryboy1, a new user, indicated above it was an innocent error. now sorted

CarefulL Malcolm dont say anything wrong against the b s p a.But wy oh wy should what happens in the foreign league affect the National League.Its about time the National League was treated better they have got fans to think about ,in fact Dudley have got more fans than most teams in any league,but if they get messed about they will get fed up and stop bothering with speedway.I think Mike Bowden as done the right thing by moving up,but what will the Stoke fans think if the National league is messed around as if it dose not matter .Poor Dave Tattam is struggleing to convince his fan base that the National League is a good move .But if the powers that be dont get there act together i dread to think of the end result . :rolleyes:

CarefulL Malcolm dont say anything wrong against the b s p a

I am sure like everybody else I like to choose what I say not be provided with a quote that I didnt make. Anyway Canary Boy obviously made a mistake but I was writing my post when he posted his own comment.

For what its worth I think the National League meeting should have been held before Christmas and I dont really know why it wasn't. I only offered suggestions.

However, unlike you Mr BW Double I like to make informed opinions and not offer ridiculous suggestions like you have on another thread ie its ok to have Aussies and New Zealnaders because Major, Briggs and co rode for Great Britain in the sixties. The two eras are quite different and only British Passport holders should ride in our Third Tier League which is for development purposes.

Malcolm Vasey

CarefulL Malcolm dont say anything wrong against the b s p a

I am sure like everybody else I like to choose what I say not be provided with a quote that I didnt make. Anyway Canary Boy obviously made a mistake but I was writing my post when he posted his own comment.

For what its worth I think the National League meeting should have been held before Christmas and I dont really know why it wasn't. I only offered suggestions.

However, unlike you Mr BW Double I like to make informed opinions and not offer ridiculous suggestions like you have on another thread ie its ok to have Aussies and New Zealnaders because Major, Briggs and co rode for Great Britain in the sixties. The two eras are quite different and only British Passport holders should ride in our Third Tier League which is for development purposes.

Malcolm Vasey

Malcolm,

Everybody has the right to an opinion, I'm not too sure that BW Double's can be classed as ridiculous - I can only assume you are claiming "informed" is from a legal viewpoint, otherwise your's is surely a personal opinion the same as anybody else's.

Just tell me the benefit's of allowing British Passport holders to ride in the third tier - UNLESS they sign a declaration that they will ride for England / GB in the future - otherwise there is zero benefit towards providing the next English world champion.

Another point - supposing there are e.g. 10 teams in the league - name me 70 riders who ould fill the slots AND provide entertaing meetings every week. If you take out those from the higher league's and the mature riders who are past what you are looking for the number does not exist.

In days of old teams like Rye House took on the mantle of developing English riders and did it exceptionally well, even in those days you could not have populated 10 teams of sufficient standard to bring punters through the door.

My opinion - the likes of Nikko at Mildenhall has the right idea with the Academy. Used solely for British riders that could work, and before we have the famous red herrings of costs etc most odf these young lads travel the U.K. to get rides at different tracks anyway - oh, and why not bring the NL down to the old formula of 13 heats that would ,make a contribution financially and maybe encourage supporters to actually stay and watch a second half. And lastly, any club that brings a lad through the academy has a contract OR a binding agreement that ALL clubs abide by - any club that brings a rider through the academy has the right to a set fee from the first PL or EL club that the lad subsequently signs for. Top rider in the Academy side is also the automatic number 8 for the NL side.

Kev

Edited by norwichkev

Top rider in the Academy side is also the automatic number 8 for the NL side.

I think this is a great idea although there is an issue with calling 2nd half teams Academy hence why the Nikko Racing Ninjas have been formed.

Malcolm and I may disagree with the points limit needed in the National League, no doubt it comes from the age old issue of the different needs of a standalone club and a second team of a PL/EL team, but we all need to work together to make the NL a success and give the young British lads every opportunity.

Thats why Nikko Racing was setup and thats why we will continue to work with and support young British riders.

Lets hope the NL AGM can be sorted out asap, as many teams as possible can be confirmed, riders signed up and we can start to look forward.

Just tell me the benefit's of allowing British Passport holders to ride in the third tier - UNLESS they sign a declaration that they will ride for England / GB in the future - otherwise there is zero benefit towards providing the next English world champion.

The main advantage would be that it would be illegal to stop a British Passport holder from riding.

Surprised that hadn't occurred to you Kev

Malcolm Vasey

Just read thorough a collection of "posts" and I'm sorry but I still cannot understand why EVERY time it comes to the National League AGM there is allways a problem/s and this starts EVERYONE having a "Swipe" at each other. At the end of the day we all support speedway, we all support NL speedway, so my message to those so called "men at the top", please get it sorted out !!!!.

next month now, must be big problems at foundery