British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Kev

Dudley Heathens 2011

Okay i dont want to drag this thing down to the depths, but it sickens me when someone comes on here with TOTALLY Unfounded accusations that this rider has done this, that rider has done that, all i will say is Rogue Trader PROVE It or i suggest you withdraw YOUR Unfounded Accusation about Micky Dyer.

Back to the Topic, i havent looked at points tallies etc, but would love to see,Micky D,Tom,Jake, Ash,Armo <Newport asset> who i would suspect want him back, so that is a four plus i would guess Darryl Ritchings, which leaves us with 2 riders depending on points totals to find and fit in.

Edited by greyhoundp

'Fred' had missed a meeting due to a prior Grasstrack booking so didn't have a new average if memory serves.

---------------------------------------

Glad to have Ash confirmed, not that it's any surprise.

Perry is local too so it's, surely, all-but certain he'll return.

Would like to have Rich on board too. He made no secret of loving his time with us last year so it would be good to give him another chance. He's relatively local too.

Armstrong was very popular so I suspect everyone involved will be keen to get him back next season.

Would desperately love to see Roynon in the team. If he gets his confidence back and gets dialled it he's a 10+ man in the NL, easily. Easier said than done of course, but the raw talent hasn't gone away.

Depending on the limit, fitness and other signings I would be happy with Taylor coming back in.

Hey, keep your hands off Roynon, I want him at Stoke :P

I just hope we have a team that can challenge/beat you on a consistent basis ;)

Just a pity we cant have Coventry,Birmingham,Wolves enter a team in the NL vog, some great derbies between Stoke,the Heathens and those three, would also be very profitable, so theres a justification for it, to subsidise there EL Teams. :D:wink:

Just a pity we cant have Coventry,Birmingham,Wolves enter a team in the NL vog, some great derbies between Stoke,the Heathens and those three, would also be very profitable, so theres a justification for it, to subsidise there EL Teams. :D:wink:

Bring back the Midland Cup I say

Maybe another way to bring back the local derbies with Brum,Wolves,Dudley,Coventry, and Stoke is if the EL Teams put a Team in the Nl Trophy only, is this allowed ?? this would give some lucrative enthralling meaningful local derbies.

Some further team hints for the Heathens in this weeks Speedway Star. Nothing official can be announced of course due to the delayed AGM.

Ashley Morris already signed and confirmed though.

Tom Perry next likely name on the teamsheet - a Dudley asset.

Darryl Ritchings a third likely addition, asset of Gary Patchett at Swindon and deserving the chance after patiently staying in the 'Number 8' role last season.

Rightio now that we have the points limit confirmed I've completed my 2011 wish list.

Brundle

Roynon

Perry

Franklin

Morris

Sarjeant

Ritchings

Hope the Easter Bunny (well I can't say Santa at that time of year :lol:) delivers because I've been a good boy. :approve:

Rightio now that we have the points limit confirmed I've completed my 2011 wish list.

Brundle

Roynon

Perry

Franklin

Morris

Sarjeant

Ritchings

Hope the Easter Bunny (well I can't say Santa at that time of year :lol:) delivers because I've been a good boy. :approve:

Brundle-8.97,Adam-7.70,Tom-6.56,Rich-5.39,Ash-5.25,Sarj-3.91 and Darryl-3.00.If these averages are correct then would be too high (40.78).

Brundle-8.97,Adam-7.70,Tom-6.56,Rich-5.39,Ash-5.25,Sarj-3.91 and Darryl-3.00.If these averages are correct then would be too high (40.78).

nice looking team but i get it at 42.5 ish

As per Will's comment on the Adam Roynon thread Brits will get a 5% reduction. So Brundle ended on 8.97 becomes 8.54, Roynon is PL 3.85 x 2 = 7.70, Perry finished on 6.56 becomes 6.25 etc. I made it as follows...

Brundle - 8.54

Roynon - 7.70

Perry - 6.25

Franklin - 5.13

Morris - 5.00

Sarjeant - 3.72

Ritchings - 3.00

= 39.34 (so even some wiggle room for rounding up)

I don't for one minute it's the team we'll actually end up with, but it would be nice. ;)

I'd be happy enough to see Priest, Johnson, Pickard, we might get Hargreaves, would be happy if Nick Morris signed, would love Lambert but expect him to be at KL, wouldn't mind McKinna coming in after he missed out with us last due to injury before even turning out in Heathens colours, would be happy with Taylor is he's fit for the same reason (well, he did one lap before injury), and I'm sure I could go on. :lol:

As per Will's comment on the Adam Roynon thread Brits will get a 5% reduction. So Brundle ended on 8.97 becomes 8.54, Roynon is PL 3.85 x 2 = 7.70, Perry finished on 6.56 becomes 6.25 etc. I made it as follows...

Brundle - 8.54

Roynon - 7.70

Perry - 6.25

Franklin - 5.13

Morris - 5.00

Sarjeant - 3.72

Ritchings - 3.00

= 39.34 (so even some wiggle room for rounding up)

I don't for one minute it's the team we'll actually end up with, but it would be nice. ;)

I'd be happy enough to see Priest, Johnson, Pickard, we might get Hargreaves, would be happy if Nick Morris signed, would love Lambert but expect him to be at KL, wouldn't mind McKinna coming in after he missed out with us last due to injury before even turning out in Heathens colours, would be happy with Taylor is he's fit for the same reason (well, he did one lap before injury), and I'm sure I could go on. :lol:

Sounds good,who is Brundle an assett of?I knew EL and Pl Brits got the 5% reduction but wasn't sure on riders who only do NL.

Sounds good,who is Brundle an assett of?I knew EL and Pl Brits got the 5% reduction but wasn't sure on riders who only do NL.

is it 5% decuction thats Brits get?? i thought is was 2.5%???

I dont think NL only riders do get a 5% discount.

We had this last season with Jerran Hart at Mildenhall.

He got a 5% discount from his PL average for team building which took him below 4.00 in the PL that meant he could ride NL.

As WillP has stated:

Just to clarify, Adam did finish on a PL average of 3.95 last season but with a 5% reduction that all British riders receive for team building, he'll start the 2011 PL season on a 3.85 average. When doubled for a National League average, this is of course 7.70

Therefore Adam gets a PL average with a 5% deduction, which then converts to an NL average.

If your a Brit with a NL only average, thats your average unless of course they have changed the rules at the NL AGM.

I dont think NL only riders do get a 5% discount.

We had this last season with Jerran Hart at Mildenhall.

He got a 5% discount from his PL average for team building which took him below 4.00 in the PL that meant he could ride NL.

Nikko,are you sure Jarran didnt get a 2.5% reduction,not 5%???

he finished the 2009 PL season at scunny on a greensheet of 4.09

Edited by montie