British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

So are you going to "stick to your guns" if the BSPA back down and walk away from Speedway?

BSPA will not be backing down pal. Your lot will be doing the backing down, otherwise they do not come back. Simples!!

BSPA will not be backing down pal. Your lot will be doing the backing down, otherwise they do not come back. Simples!!

I did say "If" - and you didn't answer the question?

So if the BSPA are so confident in their actions, why after releasing a statement that Coventry and Peterborough will take no part in 2011, have they embargoed the movement of Coventry riders and offered mediation talks?

Doesn't sound like the actions of a confident organisation to me. My guess is that most of the talking behind the scenes will be between Terry Russel and Mr Sandhu. Coventry I'm sure will race Elite League next season and there will be some compromise from both sides. What that compromise will be remains to be seen, but it gives us all something to speculate on during the cold winter months.

No doubt the forum junkie will be voicing the opinions of the puppet master during the early part of next week. ;):P

Edited by Dogstar

I did say "If" - and you didn't answer the question?

Leave him alone. If he gives up speedway I'll have nowhere to get a free peek at the Speedway Star on a Wednesday night::wink:

As the Screen episode from last year has been mentioned again, was it not a certain Mr Trump who was very very vociferous, went to press and stated that Poole were cheating by letting Screen miss his 12th meeting (with a sick note). Yet he thinks this year because his team did something very similar it is perfectly OK and cannot believe he is in the wrong, and why the other promoters are upset.

Leave him alone. If he gives up speedway I'll have nowhere to get a free peek at the Speedway Star on a Wednesday night::wink:

:D :D

To late... the league have giveing into Sandhu :approve: his lawsuit was to strong and the Bspa had little choice .a truly great day for speedway and justice :approve:

Now im really looking forward to seeing the results of this compromise. :approve:

Think the fact Bees and Panthers have employed a competition law QC points you in the right direction.

Yet all the rule changes agreed at the BSPA AGM are in the interests, as the majority of BSPA members have decided, of increasing competition. The easy counter-argument for the BSPA to make is that it is the Coventry-Peterborough axis being anti-competitive by wanting rules that would mean less clubs in the Elite League and less competition.

I really feel for Peterborough in all of this. Where will they fit into Coventry's compromise?

Does Peterborough really want to fit in? Huge losses last season and probably for many seasons before that. Perhaps Coventry's "strop" provided suitable cover for Peterborough's owner to run for the hills.

As the Screen episode from last year has been mentioned again, was it not a certain Mr Trump who was very very vociferous, went to press and stated that Poole were cheating by letting Screen miss his 12th meeting (with a sick note). Yet he thinks this year because his team did something very similar it is perfectly OK and cannot believe he is in the wrong, and why the other promoters are upset.

I seem to recall Trump having his say and then Coventry got caught up in the whole Screen affair when they also tried to make a similar change. Poole muttered for a bit, while Sandhu decided to go ahead and field an illegal team for a Sky meeting against Ipswich before finally backing down.

Edited by ladyluck

In a democracy, you will usually find that not everyone agrees with everything but they are usually smart enough to stay around the table and work to change from within.

I do hope that Coventry runs but it has to be on the terms of the majority!

Not picking on you, Steve0, but the old "it was a democratic vote" doesn´t work, if it is against the laws of the land. I have posted other examples elsewhere, and am led to believe that is what the legal challenge is about, so lets wait for that the resolve before claiming that the BSPA is a democracy.

Since seven agreed to participate, the rules were acceptable to seven clubs.

If it was voted on it could have been 7-0 6-1 5-2 or 4-3 so it could have been accepted but not thought by some to be acceptabe.

Barrow Boy is right. LadyLuck, I completely agree with your other post that compromise would be bad for the BSPA. It has to go one way or another. However, we all residents of the UK agree to live here, but not all vote for the party in government.

I think SCB has shown that the 60% conversion rate is fair, the Pawlicki rule does close a loophole (although I think it is motivated by spite) and the 8.00 rule is to even out top line riders.

Right, these rules could probably be agreed, but not in line with reducing team building limits (it is a reduction end 2010 averages vs. start 2011). A 60% conversion is fair. Last season, I was crying out for teams to sign up PL riders. When the points limit is so low, these riders and asssessed riders become the game changers that win you the league.

The only reason that PL converters and assessed riders HAVE become so crucial is that the EL is weaker, they can make more of an impact, increased averages win you leagues.

What I am interested in seeing is by changing the conversion, more riders are now double-DOWNING, causing an over supply of 2nd and 3rd heat leaders in PL. I think these riders are going to decide their championship. Lets face it, Bridger could double down if he gave Poland a miss. That would be a game changer in the PL this season, interested in seeing the impact of Barker, Risager etc...

I wonder which of the three alleged rule changes that Coventry don't like will be reverted?

Clearly the team building average is just tough, but we wil either getbshamek on a four or a return to fifty fifty from pl.

As some duff el riders have already been signed into the pl, I suspect shamek in on a four and maybe a team building level to 41 as a compromise

Clearly at least one ofbthe three will change

I wonder which of the three alleged rule changes that Coventry don't like will be reverted?

Clearly the team building average is just tough,

I think the Team Building average is just plain stupid Phil.

It is a pity that the team building is at 40 pts, 42.5 would be the answer but can't see it budging now even to 41.

After the BSPA press release stating, that the 'elite league' will not contain Coventry or Peterborough in 2011. The inclusion of Coventry means the BSPA have backed down.

are people getting ahead of themselves here ??? has anybody got a official link or is it rumours speculation again :rolleyes:

Barrow Boy is right.

Okay, I'll put it another way: seven clubs thought the rules as decided acceptable enough to declare their intention to run, whether they voted in favour of said individual rules or not. An eighth club joined the league at a later date on the basis of those rules. If those rules are subsequently changed to appease a single club, since Peterborough are clearly out of the reckoning, the BSPA leaves itself open to all sorts of legal challenges and the EL potentially descends further into chaos. Or are we all relying on the remaining members of the EL to take Coventry getting everything they want like good sports?