British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

some people just don't get that certain members of The BSPA we're out of line at the AGM & the walk out was for legitimate reasons hence the legal route being taken.

it's time someone burst the BSPA's little bubble & if Sandhu is that man good luck to him.

What are you on..........!!!

If Coventry run it will be because they have accepted the new rules for 2011. Maybe the compromise (face saver for Sandhu) will be that the process of agreeing the rules in future will be reviewed. Coventry's "legal" action didn't have a hope in hell's chance os succeeding and Sandhu knew from his first meeting with his legal team (??), otherwise a law suit would have been issued against the BSPA long before now. Sandhu accepted the BSPA rules when he bought Coventry and he must know by now that throwing the rattle out of the pram and threatening legal action does not work. He's tried it before and it didn't work then.

If Coventry run it will be because they have accepted the new rules for 2011. Maybe the compromise (face saver for Sandhu) will be that the process of agreeing the rules in future will be reviewed. Coventry's "legal" action didn't have a hope in hell's chance os succeeding and Sandhu knew from his first meeting with his legal team (??), otherwise a law suit would have been issued against the BSPA long before now. Sandhu accepted the BSPA rules when he bought Coventry and he must know by now that throwing the rattle out of the pram and threatening legal action does not work. He's tried it before and it didn't work then.

You know this for definite, do you?

Um...haven't we been over these same arguments again and again and again ad nauseum? The original post, unless its from Sandhu himself...and I imagine he'd be able to spell his own name! :rolleyes:...has no evidence to back it up and the original poster hasn't been back to provide evidence. So why is everyone going through the same old cr*p again?!!! :rolleyes:

Um...haven't we been over these same arguments again and again and again ad nauseum? The original post, unless its from Sandhu himself...and I imagine he'd be able to spell his own name! :rolleyes:...has no evidence to back it up and the original poster hasn't been back to provide evidence. So why is everyone going through the same old cr*p again?!!! :rolleyes:

Some people are speculating on what, if indeed it exists, such a compromise might entail. Others are just stating that there will not be one. Which is kinda ridiculous in a thread about a possible compromise. Like you said, been there, done that.

For me, the absence of Steve Shovlar from the forum today is evidence something is afoot :P

You know this for definite, do you?

No. But with all the rubbish being written about Coventry and their "army of lawyers", my guess is probably as good as anyone else's. If Coventry had a good legal case what was the basis of that case, the walk-out was the only thing preventing Coventry being in the EL.

Anyway we'll all know soon enough. The embargo on the Coventry riders was probably done to ensure that the Coventry management had some "wriggle room" and the BSPA did not want all the other team's plans screwed up once Coventry came pleading to be let back in.

I believe it was posted somewhere that an EL promoter has stated that a writ had been served a week or so ago on the BSPA/MC/whoever the legal challenge was against.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

I don't see why the BSPA should or how they can concede anything to Coventry. Why should one club hold the sport to ransom?

If Pawlicki (sp?) average gets returned to 4.00 it's an outrage. I agree Coventry have been hard done by, but one club should not be allowed to throw it's dummy out of the pram to suit them.

Having said this I think Mr Sandhu is entirely correct that a review of the governing of the sport should be undertaken. An independent governing body without the petty interests of promoters is the way forward.

Id also say that as Poole fan I am in no way bitter about the league last year. Coventry beat us in the play off final fair and square. It will be a travesty if a club the size of Coventry and the defending champions don't take part in the Elite League and defend their crown.

Some people are speculating on what, if indeed it exists, such a compromise might entail. Others are just stating that there will not be one. Which is kinda ridiculous in a thread about a possible compromise. Like you said, been there, done that.

For me, the absence of Steve Shovlar from the forum today is evidence something is afoot :P

it's not just speculation from me.

These new rules? What are they again? The vote was 5-4 if you believe Ronnie Russell, so do not try and spin it into 8-1. That is like saying 100% of UK are behind a Conservative-Lib Dem coalition, even though 0% voted for that particular outcome.

Sorry, but that is the way committees work, whether it is a Parochial Church Council, Parish council or the managerial Board of BP or the Bank Of England, when they take a vote, the MAJORITY VOTE is what counts; someone wins, someone loses.

They knew full well what being a committee member entailed, and as most of them are reasonably succesful buisiness men in their own rights they will have benefited as well as lost out in their own buisiness dealings with committees, "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" routine!!!

On that basis every committee in the country is "corrupt" according to certain posters, from the smallest village flower show committee, to the largest multi-national company.

Well, an "independent" body won't work either; as soon as a decision is arrived at that displeases a certain sector, the accusations of "corruption" will arise again, no doubt embellished with "brown paper bags in motorway service stations".

Put up with it, that is the downside of a democracy, the majority vote will not please everyone.

Otherwise we may as well all go and live in North Korea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is not happy with the signing of Gafurov and the rest of the Poole team...

Apparently he has gone to Gatwick in the hope of a flight to Rome (once the airport opens)..

So hopefully things will be quiet from deepest darkest Dorset for a while....(unlikely though)

Well lets hope so and also hope that no rules were changed to accommodate them or we will just this charade every year when a club doesn't like one fo the democratically voted rules

I think the words " democractically voted" are where the problem lies actually!!

Jeez, ive just got back to find 8 pages of a thread that is meaningless and could have gone on another thread. Proves one thing, the person who started this meaningless thread knows nothing, so why does everybody tag along!!! :(

Well done all another 8 pages of if, might, could be, I'm right, no I am

Can't wait for the full anouncement. I dread to think how many pages you will get to

What do they say Patience is a .........

Jeez, ive just got back to find 8 pages of a thread that is meaningless and could have gone on another thread. Proves one thing, the person who started this meaningless thread knows nothing, so why does everybody tag along!!! :(

Go and do something else then :D

Who cares... We can all speculate and have our say. That's kinda the fun of the forum, and most of what you post has little or no substance. :wink: