British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

And the implicit threat will be that if they don't listen to Sandhu and nod when he tells them to nod and vote whichever way he tells them to vote he'll storm off and ask them how much they're willing to thrown away in legal costs. Might is right.

Maybe they should have thought about the consequences of their actions before making official statements then?

Maybe they should have thought about the consequences of their actions before making official statements then?

The only promotions making "official statements" that I can see are Coventry and Peterborough. The BSPA has issued a couple, neither of which has clarified any rules for the EL. What official statements from individual clubs or the BSPA are you referring to?

The only promotions making "official statements" that I can see are Coventry and Peterborough. The BSPA has issued a couple, neither of which has clarified any rules for the EL. What official statements from individual clubs or the BSPA are you referring to?

This one? or maybe this one?

I fail entirely to see your point, especially as to how those statements in anyway relate to the point that I made in the quote you posted.

They obviously jumped the gun in announcing that Coventry & Peterborough were out, before considering that the oustees might have a legal case.

This one? or maybe this one?

Cov and P'boro failed to declare their intention to compete in the Elite league. That is all that those statements actually say.

The rest of the league had to move on. What were the implications of stating the truth??

They obviously jumped the gun in announcing that Coventry & Peterborough were out, before considering that the oustees might have a legal case.

Here, if you want an ill-advised "official statement":

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.1179.2

Those two from the BSPA seem perfectly fine to me and in no way relate to my previous point. Maybe you need to go back and re-read.

Here, if you want an ill-advised "official statement":

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.1179.2

Those two from the BSPA seem perfectly fine to me and in no way relate to my previous point. Maybe you need to go back and re-read.

You pulled the "might is right" line out, obviously referring to Coventry's legal resort - if they hadn't been so quick to rule Coventry & Peterborough out of the Elite League, with ill-advised statements, the legal case may not have been so obvious.

Edited by alan_boon

Very interesting.

A legal case because they don't like the rules as declared by the democratic governing body.

Personally I don't believe a lawyer would ever touch that one with a barge pole.

It is my opinion that Sandhu has gone cap in hand to the BSPA to try get him out of this hole without losing too much face with Covs fans.

Very interesting.

A legal case because they don't like the rules as declared by the democratic governing body.

Personally I don't believe a lawyer would ever touch that one with a barge pole.

It is my opinion that Sandhu has gone cap in hand to the BSPA to try get him out of this hole without losing too much face with Covs fans.

But lawyers did touch it. And as much as lawyers love money, they also trade on their reputation and don't really like taking on cases they don't think they can win.

But lawyers did touch it. And as much as lawyers love money, they also trade on their reputation and don't really like taking on cases they don't think they can win.

Microsoft's lawyers must have a lousy reputation by now.

Did they look at it or act on it? They may have considered how far they would get with it. Every sport has governing bodies that make rule changes for the good of the sport. What is the point in appointing a governing body and then trying to contest the decisions through the courts. The sport may as well just give up if it has that ball and chain round its neck.

In Any dispute between various parties, particularly at the early stage of legal intervention, the parties will always be advised to try mediation first. The latest official statements indicate a 'softening' of approach - presumably by both sides - prior to an EGM in the first week of January. Everything else at the moment is pure conjecture!!

Incidentally, on the Sky Sports Speedway page (updated 22.12.10 - after the BSPA statement) summarising the 2010 season, it states that neither Coventry nor Peterborough will be competing in EL in 2011.

Very interesting.

So why is it then that the BSPA came to see Sandhu & not the other way round.?The answer is simple, their lawyers ordered them too.

Why?, simple again, their lawyers don't want a court case.