British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chalkie

Czech Golden Helmet 2011

Just the kernel of a plan at the moment but I would like to revisit the lovely town of Pardubice for this year's Golden Ribbon & Helmet meetings-does anyone know what the dates are and what the whole weekend will include. I.e. is there an U21 Championship round included or something else?

Thanks

Chalkie

Just the kernel of a plan at the moment but I would like to revisit the lovely town of Pardubice for this year's Golden Ribbon & Helmet meetings-does anyone know what the dates are and what the whole weekend will include. I.e. is there an U21 Championship round included or something else?

Thanks

Chalkie

30.09-02.10...

01.10 - one of U-21 World Finals.

Official site:

http://www.zlataprilba.cz/

I have flights booked for this year, I wondered if anyone had any ideas on the best way to pick up tickets or if they will be available on the day. I am planning on staying in Prague - could anyone help with ideas for travelling between Prague and Pardubice?

many thanks in advance for any help.

I have flights booked for this year, I wondered if anyone had any ideas on the best way to pick up tickets or if they will be available on the day. I am planning on staying in Prague - could anyone help with ideas for travelling between Prague and Pardubice?

many thanks in advance for any help.

train from prague to pardubice is about an hour and very cheap.from pardubice station cross the road and bus service goes to the track every 20 minutes,and pay on the door,though best to get your golden helmet ticket at same time you get your u21ticket.

you might wanna think about getting cheap hotel for the saturday night in pardubice,we stayed at the hotel at the station very cheap but only use it for a bed cos theres nothing else to it,

Tickets can be purchase via "Ticketportal" on Zlata prilba website for the World Junior Final sat and Golden Helmet Sun if you like to choose seats in advance. Zlata Stuha (Gold Ribbon) is run on fri 1800.Pay at the gate,or for the weekend. If you want to avoid the travel there,s plenty accomodation in and around Pardubice if you book now. TIP: The Programe is for all 3 days, dont try and fill it in without supervision as the -21 apart, scoring and progress to the next stage can be a bit confusing for 1st timers !!

train from prague to pardubice is about an hour and very cheap.from pardubice station cross the road and bus service goes to the track every 20 minutes,and pay on the door,though best to get your golden helmet ticket at same time you get your u21ticket.

you might wanna think about getting cheap hotel for the saturday night in pardubice,we stayed at the hotel at the station very cheap but only use it for a bed cos theres nothing else to it,

Recommend Hotel Euro in Pardubice, staying there again this year and its very good

Trains are about every from Prague Hln and cost about £4 each way. Pardubice remains cheap for everything

Edited by Chris Brown

Recommend Hotel Euro in Pardubice, staying there again this year and its very good

Trains are about every from Prague Hln and cost about £4 each way. Pardubice remains cheap for everything

We are first timers this year flying from Luton on the Friday, train to Pardubice and stopping in the Hotel Zlata Stika returning Monday. Anyone else doing the same??? :rolleyes:

We are first timers this year flying from Luton on the Friday, train to Pardubice and stopping in the Hotel Zlata Stika returning Monday. Anyone else doing the same??? :rolleyes:

I stay at the same hotel from friday to monday...

Thats good will see you there :cheers:

Are you travelling to Pardubice by train??

Hey Holbeachfans. You will enjoy the whole weekend, but just be aware there is no cover at Pardubice and it can get a bit chilly (read windy) at that time of year. We have stayed at the 'Golden Pike' in the past and its more than adequate, and not too far to walk to just about anywhere in the town - apart from the speedway which is on the outskirts, past the horse racing track which is what Pardubice is most widely known for in Czecho. Look out for toast at breakfast or at the speedway. The Czech word for toast is topinka :lol:

Me too

Me too

Thanks both of you really looking forward to it. Expected it to be cold so will take our Ice Racing clothes.

See you all there. :lol::cheers:

Thanks both of you really looking forward to it. Expected it to be cold so will take our Ice Racing clothes.

See you all there. :lol::cheers:

Not cold as such Holbeach, just chilly. I've always been warm enough though as I was always working except for one year!! If the sun comes out it gets really nice. Try and grab hold of someone to help with the programme though. The first time that you see it you are likely to say WTF. Once you get to grips with it though, its actually quite straight forward and logical.