British Speedway Forum

Nothing wrong with the pass in my book, was probably the only gap Nicholls was going to get so he had to go for it. I'm sure Bomber would have done exactly the same had it been the other way round.

Exactly what Nicholls said afterwards!

Nothing wrong with the pass in my book, was probably the only gap Nicholls was going to get so he had to go for it.

Just not sure the right way to make a pass is to clatter into the side of the other guy. I would say though that Scott Nicholls would absolutely not have accepted it with the same grace the Harris did, not a chance

Well done Scott, hard luck to Tai & Eddie, their time will come I feel.

I wonder if the ref actually saw Bombers twitch in the final ? Hear me out folks, after all the refs box is 15 or so metres forward of the start line at Monmore so the angle may have diluted his perspective of things. From what I've been told, the ref has little to no chance of seeing a tape infringement on gate 4, due to the angle and fence, I know that Bomber was off gate 1 tonight, but I just wonder if from the refs point of view it didn't look so bad. At other tracks the ref has to look in one direction and has all 4 front wheels in his line of sight so any movement is obvious. At Wolves its a an angled left to right view. Just my opinion of course. Also, quite how the ref decides a close on the line finish with no SKY cameras present is beyond me, even the regular track camera only has the same angled view of events that the ref has.

Well done to Chris for the way he dealt with things after the final with Scott, hope that puts to bed a lot of the rubbish re: bad blood that supposedly has been said/gone on in the past. Sure it was a hard shove, but Bomber would have done the same to Scott I'm sure of that, it was a pass with a bit of gusto reminiscent of what we often see in the GPs, and lets face it, it was for the national title.

. . . and finally, can someone please take Lewis Bridger to one side and tell him to keep his right foot/leg down. Has he not worked out the correlation between continually doing that and chewing on shale ? Yes other riders do it and get away with it (Hancock, Gollob, Emil S etc.. and the Morans, Lance Kings of the '80s etc..) but Lewis does it in a really exaggerated fashion and he also seems to sit too far up the frame as well for me. I dunno there's something not right and someone should be talking to him to try and sort it out. Perhaps Tatum could help him ? Lewis is almost like a reincarnation of Bobby Ott, obviously minus the beard, the cigar and the 'look-a-likey' Dolly Parton wife :unsure:

For those of you who don't know who Bobby Ott is :-Bobb Ott picture

Edited by Papa Bazarou

David Howe = selfish bastard

So uncalled for :mad:

start shouldve been called back really, woffy can feel a bit unlucky.

Totally agree.

Great meeting, ruined by an incompetent referee.

Ridiculous allowing a jump start in the final.

Totally agree.

Great meeting, very bad final (REF)

Really wanted Tai to win.

Well said.

terrible meeting, nothing happened, doubt i'll bother watching speedway on tv again.

You must have been watching a completely different meeting to the rest of us then.

Thinks its pretty clear why Monmore is voted best race track. Granted it got slick towards the end but what track doesnt.

Tai was robbed, no two ways about it. Im gutted for the lad. Kennett`s move was a desperate one in the final re-run but at least he was giving it 110%. Cant really fault Eddie on the pass but he was carrying to much speed and it was always clear that was going to happen.

The final rerun was just a disgrace. In future i expect all heats to be allowed with jumping or moving at the starts - if thats the standard set for a showcase Finale.

Thought some of the PL showed up well without getting the points they probably deserved. Lanham, frampton, ashworth did the PL some justice.

Barker you would now have to start saying is an automatic top 6 pick, always a danger - in more ways than one. :wink:

Richardson amazingly amassed 11 points without ever looking like a final spot was in his grasp.

Nicholls just seemed to struggle with speed. Thankfully he was quick enough when it mattered, and - like the play offs - its what you do in the final that counts!

Bridger was over the top and should be more consistent he knows very well whilst danny was just dire. I know he is not long back from injury but he looks nothing like the rider that shone at Peterborough in the World Cup.

Harris nearly cheated his way to the title so there is some justice that Nicholls beat him.

And before anyone accuses me of saying "if it would have been wuffy you wouldnt be moaning" - i blooming well would!!

A disgrace that the race wasnt pulled back, but tai comes out of the meeting with much renewed credit.

Hope the lad is ok and has no extra damage.

Just not sure the right way to make a pass is to clatter into the side of the other guy. I would say though that Scott Nicholls would absolutely not have accepted it with the same grace the Harris did, not a chance

It was for the British Championship. He was hardly going to send him a letter of intent.

Great pair of thrups on the red start girl

Only disappointment watching on the telly is that we didn't get any close-ups of the start girls lol! I wasn't expecting the out and out prolonged perv shots of the SGP cameramen, but had hoped beauty would be recognized a little bit.

Absolutely gutted that they didn't copy the SGP and have the four ladies doing the semi-final and final draws!

Lewis Bridger I dunno there's something not right and someone should be talking to him to try and sort it out.

If he could just concentrate on doing four smooth laps perhaps he'd be more successful. Someone in my house is convinced he does all that hanging off the bike and leg out stuff to "look good" ............. I dunno why he does it but it doesn't work!!

Superb stuff from Scotty, making it 6 times British Champion, equalling Briggo's record. Both Swindon riders. :approve:

Fearful looking crash in the final aside, what a very entertaining night and hope some casual channel surfers caught sight of the sport.

Three cheers and thanks without a doubt to

1. The riders - yep! that a no-brainer.

2. Wolverhampton Speedway - providing a very raceable track.

3. Sky television for providing us sit-at-homes with the live coverage.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Is that why he has an Aussie tattoo on his back.

He has dual nationality. He grew up in oz so obviously a big part of him is Australian but he has always ridden for GB. Just be grateful he's on our side because he's the best talent we have by a long way. You can dislike him all you want but you can't question his British pride.

If he could just concentrate on doing four smooth laps perhaps he'd be more successful. Someone in my house is convinced he does all that hanging off the bike and leg out stuff to "look good" ............. I dunno why he does it but it doesn't work!!

It's another fad I'm afraid. John Cook and Bobby Ott used to do it, as said previously, and also Rickard Hellsen. Then suddenly it became the thing to do a few years back because they say it distributes your body weight to gain more traction.

My view is that you can do that by sitting back further as you exit the turns. We saw what Emil did in Prague because his legs were everywhere and I was glad when Stekkers said it doesn't really gain you anything.

I think it's out of hand now, and doesn't even look good, it just looks silly. But I guarantee if Gollob was to ride with his kevlars on inside out because "the lining is less resistant" they would all be doing it within weeks.

Thinks its pretty clear why Monmore is voted best race track. Granted it got slick towards the end but what track doesnt.

My first meeting for a long time. There was some decent racing early on, but the track got very slick and dusty by about halfway through and rather spoiled things.

Agreed. Classic Wolves' dive. Didn't gate, slid off. :rolleyes:

Think Freddie in heat 13 of the 2009 final.

Time doesn't heal does it?

The ref spoiled the meeting Harris jumped at the start pushing tai wide and out of the race should have been called back. Scot Nichols wins the meeting is crowned British champion god help us before that in the in the previous re run what was kennet doing the move was stupid no way could he dive in to the third bend like that with out causing trouble a stupid move by a rider riding above his ability

he had nothing to lose by trying it and everything to gain. Settling for 2nd would be a waste of his night.

Absolute Disgrace regarding Simon. This is a guy who is a heatleader at EL level and a captain of his team. He represented Team GB last year and was one of two riders including Harris to make it to the GP Challenge Final. Injured or not he should have been included in the Final, especially now he back riding and Auty and Wilson have been injured.

So glad Nigel and Kelvin highlighted the Stead issue last night. It doesn't make sense not to have him in the British as a wild card, but again a BSPA issue. I guess someone doen't like Simon after his comment last week. Wonder now if Simon will cut his nose to spite his face and not race for GB.

I understand the injury issues, but Stead is back racing and he's another rider who puts bums on seats, so not to have him would have annoyed me if I was Sky Sports as he would have added to the list of top riders in attendence with Nicholls, Harris, Tai, Rico, Kennett and Barker to name half a dozen.

Shouldn't Sky have a say who's a wild card from now on just as they do with the PL Darts??? Take it out of the BSPA's hands once and for all.